• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne Boss Spoiler (IGN)

Stainless

I keep trying to go on a media black out for this game, but its so hard to resist!

Kind of same but my excuse is that I've never played a souls game so I know I'm in for a brutal ass-kicking, and I'm trying to learn as much as I can to help me out.

After watching that boss, I'm in sooooo much fucking trouble.

Respawn

Banned
16471157068_f5c546aa32_o.jpg

16657341501_611a5a1e7a_o.jpg
Okay I'm approaching maximum power

PolishQ

does anyone notice something shining on the floor in the gif posted earlier in the thread? With a red-ish hue, so it's unlike the light generated from item pickups.

It's Bloodborne's version of your bloodstain. Recently they revealed that sometimes an enemy will "pick up" your lost blood, and you have to kill the enemy to retrieve it. Luckily, this doesn't seem to be the case with bosses.

Fuck. Really?

Really FROM?

I suck so badly at your games but now I really want to buy it. Which will end badly as I will never be able to beat it haha.

God that art direction is fantastic.

Ellite25

My god. I'm so glad I'm on spring break the week this comes out so I can sit in front of my tv all day. Looks so good. Graphics look great as well.

Not a Jellyfish

but I am a sheep
Why do you have to look so good Bloodborne?

I have gotten increasingly worse at video games as time has gone on, no I won't be able to defeat any of the bosses. ;(

Electrical attacks stop regain mechanic? Go back and watch the vid guys, each time the boss hits the PC with an electric attack the regain portion of the health goes down extremely rapidly.

Wakka212

Didn't want to watch all of it so just wet my toes a bit.

Everything looks absolutely stunning. Everything. The only concerning part is the camera's tendency to spasm at crucial moments. You can't really tell what happened until a second or two after.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
Time to have the talk with my son.
"I know we got you this nice white PS4 for your birthday, and yes, I know you love Destiny, but son, in a few weeks, this PS4 is all mine."

RankoSD

Camera movement is all over the place, but I guess there's no way around it with big and fast bosses going overhead.
Looks like I will be playing without lock-on most of the time, which I'm fine with, I've had a lot of practice in the Souls series.

LtOrange

Why do you have to look so good Bloodborne?

I have gotten increasingly worse at video games as time has gone on, no I won't be able to defeat any of the bosses. ;(

That is why you group up with friends!

The Art Direction in Bloodborne is a step above anything I have ever seen. The enemy design actually frightens me. It is going to be something else to experience the difficult combat and the intense visuals all at once.

HardRojo

Oh well IGN spoiled the fun on their Facebook page so I just watched the video.
Can't wait for Bloodborne. It's going to be amazing!

now that's what I call a fucking final boss.
Has it been states it is the final boss? A bit disappointing if true. Knowing beforehand I mean, not the boss itself, the boos looks great.

That is why you group up with friends!

The Art Direction in Bloodborne is a step above anything I have ever seen. The enemy design actually frightens me. It is going to be something else to experience the difficult combat and the intense visuals all at once.

I haven't been paying any attention to the details. Is the game co-op? I assumed the dungeons were but is the full game co-op?

Trace

Banned
Oh well IGN spoiled the fun on their Facebook page so I just watched the video.
Can't wait for Bloodborne. It's going to be amazing!

Has it been states it is the final boss? A bit disappointing if true. Knowing beforehand I mean, not the boss itself, the boos looks great.

I can guarantee that's not the final boss.

Jac_Solar

How come the character has the same armor and weapon as in the start of the game? Is it a very early boss, is the game not loot driven or do they not want to show off any other weapons/armors?

Servbot24

Banned
Designs like this were what DkS2 was missing. I bet this is just the tip of the iceberg.

Yup, that was really the main problem I had with that game.

Bloodborne is on DeS's level and I love it!

Why would you think this is the final boss? Lol

I bet he's an early game runt boss.

tcrunch

I haven't been paying any attention to the details. Is the game co-op? I assumed the dungeons were but is the full game co-op?

All Souls games are 99% co-opable.
There's PVP too but they've not given any details on it.

How come the character has the same armor and weapon as in the start of the game? Is it a very early boss, is the game not loot driven or do they not want to show off any other weapons/armors?

They don't want to show off a lot of stuff. The game has the FashionSouls aspect intact as confirmed by the inventory screen and secret alpha area, as well as other outfits shown in other videos. Multiple weapons have also been shown off in other videos.

Top Bottom