• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BLOODBORNE Impressions Thread : And so the Nightly Hunt Begins

Principate

Saint Titanfall
Highly doubtful.

These are the guys who created Demons Souls, on both sides, so they will naturally build a new engine that has the same overall weight and feel of the original product, especially when it is done on purpose as homage to the work they did before.

I think this is a completely new engine that From will likely use throughout the generation. With obvious homages to Demons Souls

Well they certainly wholesale took the rag doll physics... Christ.

sublimit

Banned
Its weird how much they are holding back for a game that is 6 months away.... I wonder if a delay is inevitable

Yeah i'm also afraid of a delay but at the same time i want Sony to give Miyazaki as much time as possible to deliver his vision properly.
Anyway i'm not buying a PS4 until i have this game in my hands,i don't trust Sony anymore with their release dates.

That's asking a lot. They're already stretched thin putting all their manpower on the show floor to stop people from filming anything which would get their games more attention!
:lol

What does this game feeling "more like demons souls" mean? Never played Demon Souls but played the shit out of Dark Souls 1 and 2.

Eh...

All three games are really similar honestly. The references are digging a little deeper into the differences between them.

They aren't largely subtle differences though. There is significant changes in tone, storytelling, flow between Demons and Dark.

Mechanically they play mostly the same

What does this game feeling "more like demons souls" mean? Never played Demon Souls but played the shit out of Dark Souls 1 and 2.
Gameplay-wise, probably means tighter level design as opposed to more interconnection and a bigger focus on invasions.

Plus the overall theme of the world.

sublimit

Banned

From what i understand i think he meant that more in terms of atmosphere.To many people Demon's souls felt more dangerous and foreboding than the majority of DkS1 and 2.

I played all three extensively and don't understand it either. Demon's gameplay is a bit speedier and less weighty than Dark, but that's about it, apart from that they are extremely similar.

njean777

What's up with no filming? I can understand that concept in closed door showings and reveals but if the game is on the show floor you should be allowed to film.

NEO0MJ

Its weird how much they are holding back for a game that is 6 months away.... I wonder if a delay is inevitable

I feel the same way. I'm sure From learned to be more careful when revealing a game early but with only 6 months left and hardly any footage yet I think the game will be delayed.

During an impressions video from the closed door event at E3, Kyle from PSU said that they targeting Demon's Souls difficulty.

How is the difficulty guys?

Personally I felt Dark was the more challenging game, Demons was more tedious and easier to break. Kyle was probably just mentioning Demons to hype up the sony fans.

Shengar

Even the original Dark Souls could be played in a nimble and speedy fashion.

It depended heavily on the weapons you use and the weight associated with them (armor included)

It IS however in the style of realistic physics. Characters are grounded and dont double jump/wall jump etc.

There is a clear distinction between Arcade style and Realistic style with stuff like God of War/Castlevania LOS falling somewhere in the middle

Expect quick attacks, dodge rolls, back steps, side steps etc..

This is right
They are just fundamentally different. Souls games like MonHun are physics based. Most of the actions are consisted of basic moveset, nothing ever too flashy. DMC and Ninja Gaiden are the reverse, they are combo based. Both just won't mix.

njean777

I feel the same way. I'm sure From learned to be more careful when revealing a game early but with only 6 months left and hardly any footage yet I think the game will be delayed.

Personally I felt Dark was the more challenging game, Demons was more tedious and easier to break. Kyle was probably just mentioning Demons to hype up the sony fans.

I expect fall to be quite honest , though would be a nice surprise if it dropped in spring.

From an older interview I think they said that enemies roam the environments (not all of them I am assuming).
They already mentioned at E3 that certain events randomize or scramble the enemy spawning and pathfinding.
That's good to hear. Basically I want Souls combat without the cheap-ish dudes waiting from behind a corner type bullshit. I understand people are in to that but, with this technically being a new franchise, I'm hoping for something without that.

Shengar

The game already in production since perhaps 2012 when AotA released. Two years with manpower from both FromSoft and SCEJ enough to pull that. Though if they really will delayed, I've no problem with it. After all, releasing on the time have costed us the Sixth Archstone and (almost) AotA.

AmyS

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gbz18RvVsdQ - short clip, shows UI, ragdolls

Damn-it-feels-good.gif

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
GOTG talk from a ten second video and two trailers is a BIT much.

I'm certainly optimistic that this will be a good game (the previous three were even though they have their own internal ranking). Whether it will be one of the (or THEE) defining moment of not just the console but this generation of gaming. . .eh.

Found something!!

From playstation after show stream

www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPYggHbfMKU#t=999

Bloodborne starts at 16.42.

Short gameplay segment, shows an item (molotov), lock on is there, you can hear the sounds of the game.

Also remember the press are have a 1 hour look at the combat of the game. Sure we will get lots of articles from it.

EDIT: Duckroll beating me by seconds lol

GOTG talk from a ten second video and two trailers is a BIT much.

I'm certainly optimistic that this will be a good game (the previous three were even though they have their own internal ranking). Whether it will be one of the (or THEE) defining moment of not just the console but this generation of gaming. . .eh.

We just love souls games man.
:p

Holykael1

Banned
Guys.. get a grip. Optimization is done in the later stages of development. It's not relevant to mention or get yourself worked up over "framerate dips" at this point.

OG Loc

Yeah, that's a Souls game. Although they usually aren't my cup of tea theres something about the village atmosphere on Bloodborne.

BadWolf

This looks and sounds to be the awesome that I had hoped for.

The main highlight for me so far is the art direction and world though, just beautiful.

Looks like the Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust game I always wanted.

Are there no souls in this? Didn't see any get collected after things got killed in the video.

You collect blood i guess?

They have been mostly quiet about the game mechanics. There is a cool interview somewhere about the new revenge system

Basically it promotes offensive play by allowing you to restore health with quick counter attacks etc..

Go play Bayonetta 2

Fromsoft is not turning Souls into Arcade Action games

Ninja Gaiden isn't like Bayonetta. Playing NGB for the first time is a frustrating experience in which you learn to play a game that kicks your ass. But your also in complete control of your actions and your character responds to those actions. I just dislike how when I press buttons in DS my character doesn't respond as quickly. And Bayonetta doesn't have that crushing difficulty that made NGB worth it.

Yeah I wasn't expecting them to really in was just hoping it was closer. I'll see for myself.

SDCowboy

You collect blood i guess?

They have been mostly quiet about the game mechanics. There is a cool interview somewhere about the new revenge system

Basically it promotes offensive play by allowing you to restore health with quick counter attacks etc..

Ah very cool. Thanks.

Top Bottom