• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |Mafia OT| The Night Brims With Defiled Scum

roytheone

I honestly think my lynch will be very valuable today because it would prove what I said about tracking Johnnyquicknives and FEP. In addition shine light to who the remaining scum are. Given that we have two, I'd say town doesn't lose much from lynching another townie so being it on!

I want to be Lynched today please.

Thank you~

o/

Wait, but you are claiming to be a tracker, a pretty powerful pr. How does that mean we don't lose much by lynching you if you are speaking the truth, we would be losing a powerful pr! And yeah, it would prove that JQK visited FEP, but that doesn't really tell us anything about his alignment.

I want to be Lynched today please.
giphy.gif

Flame_AC

Kristoffer, it helps literally no one other than scum to end this day anywhere close to now. Maybe we can end the day early a day or two from now, but we haven't even heard from everyone yet.

roytheone

Kristoffer, it helps literally no one other than scum to end this day anywhere close to now. Maybe we can end the day early a day or two from now, but we haven't even heard from everyone yet.

It would me nice to hear from JQK at least. If he is a town pr and seath is really a town tracker, JQK is a pretty likely NK target. I would like to know his power and night targets in that case, maybe it could help us. Ending the day before that would possible be us shooting ourselves in our foot.

Kalor

Magnum is also still here so I want to hear from him. For all we know he could be scum and an inactive scum is always dangerous in the late game.

I have been scum reading Seath, but also don't want a turbo, at least not until everyone has checked in. In the meantime, I'd like to speculate on the reasoning for asking to be lynched.

1. Seath is Healing Church Mafia.
(Although this seems unlikely because of his vote for Ri'Orius on day one). The team was small, they lost one immediately, and they're under tons of suspicion. Seath could be the hidden partner or have been in chat with Ri'Orius at the beginning. The HC may not yet have recruited their hidden partner, since the day they had (allegedly) no kill wasn't followed by a double kill. When there was a double kill, the second target was claimed by Chair. So, the HC team is tired of playing, can't find their partner, and just want to end it. They throw shade at johnnyquicknives on their way out. Could be spite, or he's the only member willing to keep playing and they hope we WIFOM ourselves out of killing him.

2. Seath is ordinary town.
Is telling the truth about just wanting to quit. Should really try to sub out instead, but maybe asked already and found out there were still no replacements. Could be protecting another player from lynch due to belief that they're a PR.

3. Seath is town power role.
Should really sub out, even if it causes difficulty.

4. Seath is Mensis.
Possibly the recruiting is going poorly. Could the players with the most kb have been killed? The team may be thinking they don't have time to reach their wincon. Maybe they don't. The math should be doable at this point.

5. Seath is some other neutral/scum faction we don't know about.
The wincon is looking unreachable at this point.

6. Seath is lynch bomb.
I don't really believe it, but it is technically possible.

Man, this is such an opportunistic bait and switch to wagon.

Can you seriously not see why, when everyone was ditching weemadarthur due to a vague, shady , last minute role claim, I would want to move my vote to the only person other than me that was likely to die?

Anyway best case scenario Verelios is a really shitty town player. Worst case he's scum. Either way we're still better with him out of the game.

Vote: verelios

for starters I want to hear from johnny q about this

I think there are better targets than Seath and myself.

Johnny, I'd love to jump on a Verelios lynch. I really would. But Seath called you out so you really need to address that in some way before we can move forward.

squidyj

Can you seriously not see why, when everyone was ditching weemadarthur due to a vague, shady , last minute role claim, I would want to move my vote to the only person other than me that was likely to die?

Anyway best case scenario Verelios is a really shitty town player. Worst case he's scum. Either way we're still better with him out of the game.

Vote: verelios

I think there are better targets than Seath and myself.

....are you fucking kidding me?

MickD

Hello everyone. Checking in here. I'm going to have a rough spot in personal life coming up the next few weeks (moving to new state and just camping a lot, quitting my job putting all into storage and breaking up with girlfriend :p) welcome to to being a townsfolk.....Tell me what I need to do to keep my other Yhamiens safe! These unjustly lynchings are foolery and I will not have it in my town! I need explanations from Johnnyband many others..

Seath coming out with the claim is immediately off-putting. While jqk could be doctor as requested, he could just as easily be scum watcher, town watcher. I initially thought could be mensis but it seems crazy for them to visit me last night. I also haven't turned into kin so I can't say for certain I've even been visited by mensis.

This game is too weird. Would Seath pull this kind of gambit if he was town? Why? Would he do it if he was scum? That doesn't make sense. A neutral role that requires himself to be lynched is the only logical thing I can see.

So fucking weird.

roytheone

This game is too weird. Would Seath pull this kind of gambit if he was town? Why? Would he do it if he was scum? That doesn't make sense. A neutral role that requires himself to be lynched is the only logical thing I can see.

So fucking weird.

I can also see the options:

-Scum that has basically given up and is just fucking around.
-Town pr that made a dumb move.

Honestly, even though I have severe doubts about Seaths claim, I wouldn't be against letting him live for now just to see how scum reacts to him. If he is actually speaking the truth, they can't just ignore him and risk getting tracked.

Verelios

Why do i even post? Half the active people get it, half don't know shit or are fishing for explicit details to plan their scum night actions.
Calm down, I got it after flames post. When you said requested, it was a little confusing but I remembered the post made yesterday and that you were probably just inferring protection. No need to get all worked up, if you want to call someone out just call them out.

JQK is a power role and doesn't want to be called out on it. We can ask him about it later when it becomes more relevant. I'm pissed at Seath for outing him so early. I'm also pissed at Seath for outing himself so early. But we might as well keep both alive to let them keep doing their role stuff. Much more interested in lynching Weemad or Verelios today.

Vote: Verelios

Seath coming out with the claim is immediately off-putting. While jqk could be doctor as requested, he could just as easily be scum watcher, town watcher. I initially thought could be mensis but it seems crazy for them to visit me last night. I also haven't turned into kin so I can't say for certain I've even been visited by mensis.

You could be a strong target for recruitment by Mensis if they feel you're a powerful role. Roy hasn't wanted to talk about the Kin, and you're the only other player mentioning a transformation.

If they have chat, and can infinitely recruit new members, then as the days go on they'll have more power each day to utterly control voting.

squidyj

JQK is a power role and doesn't want to be called out on it. We can ask him about it later when it becomes more relevant. I'm pissed at Seath for outing him so early. I'm also pissed at Seath for outing himself so early. But we might as well keep both alive to let them keep doing their role stuff. Much more interested in lynching Weemad or Verelios today.

Vote: Verelios

this is idiotic.
he's already been called out on it, if he's not scum shying away from this shit isn't going to help, he's been called out. by seath, which is why I said seath is a scum tracker, he reported a result that lead us to this situation, that may have outed a town PR and you just want to fuck off and ignore both of them and vote verelios because you two are having a fucking pissing contest.

this is idiotic.
he's already been called out on it, if he's not scum shying away from this shit isn't going to help, he's been called out. by seath, which is why I said seath is a scum tracker, he reported a result that lead us to this situation, that may have outed a town PR and you just want to fuck off and ignore both of them and vote verelios because you two are having a fucking pissing contest.
I love you, too, squidyj.

roytheone

You could be a strong target for recruitment by Mensis if they feel you're a powerful role. Roy hasn't wanted to talk about the Kin, and you're the only other player mentioning a transformation.

If they have chat, and can infinitely recruit new members, then as the days go on they'll have more power each day to utterly control voting.

That's..... A straight up lie.

Roy claims to have been turned into Kin. Is that the same as school of mensis? Because mensis had a chat. It would explain his "guessing" at the size of that team. Also he doesn't want to be killed so he's wanting to convince the town that mensis isn't a threat. But I suspect they will be at some point, just like Ri'Orius was supposed to turn into some sort of cop or something eventually during the game.

As a neutral in the past season, and viewing other Gafia neutrals, I think they're a solid threat. I see no reason not to lynch neutrals.

Also, are Kin = beasts? Because there are a couple people who have been very sure there would be beasts, which would gain power over time, and who weren't Mafia. If kin =\= beasts, who are the beasts? Freakinchair supposedly is to hunt them. Is he supposed to wipe out mensis?

I don't recall you responding to my questions in this old post. Did i miss it?

I guess that was a little unclear, but no pronoun trouble here. I'm saying that if YOU are mafia, flatearth is unlikely to be your maf buddy as he wouldn't want to draw further attention to the team after you narrowly escaped death.

Ah, I can't wait to find out what investigative results could possibly come from Patches the fucking shopkeeper. If this is a real role that has been actively designed to make no sense in terms of lore to throw off townies, I say well played Scrafty.

Also, oversharing info has always worked out. Like when town won in Batma- er, well how about in Gafia 2 when I jointed with town as arsoni- hm...

Wait, you saying he/himself was referring to....me? You know, one of the reasons for the pronouns rule is so, when players talk about [me], it's recognizable that they're talking about [me]. If you go around using the wrong pronouns and names I don't recognize as meaning [me], I won't respond to your questions because as far as I'm concerned, you're talking about somebody else.

It's exhausting enough just trying to keep up with the thread without having to go back and reread to understand what you people are even saying to begin with.

Kalor

I wonder if someone else was converted to kin last night. If it doesn't change your alignment then if someone was turned then they have no reason not to come out with it.

Camjo-Z

Wait, you saying he/himself was referring to....me? You know, one of the reasons for the pronouns rule is so, when players talk about [me], it's recognizable that they're talking about [me]. If you go around using the wrong pronouns and names I don't recognize as meaning [me], I won't respond to your questions because as far as I'm concerned, you're talking about somebody else.

AGAIN, I was not referring to you with the word "he".

If the person I think is maf (weemad) is maf, he (flatearthpandas) wouldn't have drawn that kind of attention to himself.

And no, the reason for the pronoun rule is to respect people who would prefer not to reveal their gender, not so you can whine and complain and avoid voting at the end of the day every time you perceive someone has slighted you.

roytheone

And no, the reason for the pronoun rule is to respect people who would prefer not to reveal their gender, not so you can whine and complain and avoid voting at the end of the day every time you perceive someone has slighted you.

Camjo, calm down. I am sure it was just a honest misunderstanding from weemad. And I doubt weemad is actively using pronoun confusion as a way to avoid voting, I seriously doubt weemad would misuse that rule like that.

Alright - I've gone through some of the old posts and, based on voting history and based on how much information we'll get out of it... we need to lynch Verelios. I've explained my reasoning in a previous post and it's the only logical move we can make that doesn't involve a complete leap of faith.

I'm not sure what Seath's gamble here is. If he wants us to vote him out he needs to give us more information than just wanting it.

Verelios

My only worry is that this is literally a scum outplay. Knowing I was going to target townies they blocked me anyways in an effort for me to push for town lynches during the day when my kills don't go through.

But you know what? Fuck it. Verelios dodged a bullet two days ago and a Mensis was lynched. My faction war theory is going into full effect.

VOTE: Verelios

I was blocked night 2 from killing nudull. Nudull is not scum... I had two targets that night that everyone knew about. Nudull and Verelios. See where I'm going with this? If I was blocked by scum then verelios is scum. If I was blocked by town then my read is completely off.

Nudull also didn't really ride verelios - was more interested in killing kristoff it looked like. I'll have time to look at posts later on... Been very busy.
Hahaha, oh man, sorry I was laughing but I should've given a reason why. Ha, this whole argument hinges on me knowing you, confirmed vig (serial killer) were going to kill Nudull instead of me on night 3 which I would have definitely believed because reasons. Ha, man. No, no, no, more to the point, you were blocked (by scum apparently) day 2 because they were trying to protect me, but they just said fuck it day 3 and let you do your thing on killing me or Nudull. No, no, no, I understand, fucking lark right? Obviously just a scum trick by sacrificing me and Nudull...who happened to flip up investigator. So, we're left with a dangerous guy who no one knows who he's going to kill next aiming to lynch.

But, but, but, that's not why I'm laughing. You're probably going to shoot me tonight after killing Nudull yesterday anyway so, ha. Unless you want to use your kill on someone else while lynching me now, it's weird you're so gung ho. Well, let's take a step back and say, I dunno, that maybe, just maybe, you're not exactly the best proponent of town's best interests. We've got two people shot dead by you, both town, not accusing you of anything, but, eh, numbers ain't looking pretty.

So it's hilarious when you frame my lynch in a way beneficial to anyone. Why would anyone trust you? Again, probably doesn't matter as your going to shoot who you want, when you want, pew pew pew but haha.

(Actually types out understandable sentence)

Thanks. I now understand what on earth you were saying.

It's amazingly fun to be in a game with players who are so genuinely concerned with respecting each other.

Camjo, calm down. I am sure it was just a honest misunderstanding from weemad. And I doubt weemad is actively using pronoun confusion as a way to avoid voting, I seriously doubt weemad would misuse that rule like that.

Indeed. I do not misuse rules for game advantage.

Freakinchair, since you're here and all, I'd like to propose something for your consideration. I have town read you from day one, but it can't be denied that your reads so far have been poor. You killed the cop before they had a chance to finger any scum. I would like to propose that you don't shoot anyone else, if you have shots left, without squidy okaying it.

If anyone thinks nudull did not clear squidy on N1, or that there's a switcher/godfather/insane cop effect, please say so. But at the moment, he's one of the few sane people whose agenda seems to be "win for town", and he has been cleared as far as I'm concerned.

Yes. Post 1078

Ok, i reread it.

Sorry to have been unclear in my post. You disagreed with me because I stated you found Mensis not a threat. I should have said, not an urgent threat.

However you didn't respond to any other point. Do you have information we could use to further evaluate the threat level? Right now it really looks like you're avoiding the question out of self preservation. Understandable, but not towny.

Why do i even post? Half the active people get it, half don't know shit or are fishing for explicit details to plan their scum night actions.

....are you fucking kidding me?

Come on squidy, I expected better than you. So let's dumb it down and chuck some subtlety out of the window.

I did address seath I just left a couple of lines to be filled in. From what I posted I expected you could infer that:
1) I believe Seaths claim
2) I visited FEP

There's no real point in my claiming specifically, As others have mentioned it could be argued any way to fit your motives, if I write here that I'm a doctor, is that better? What about if I'm a sleepwalker? Do you want me to just implode and claim scum role locker ...someone neutral?

I really think Seath is just bored of the game and is happy to out himself and leave. I don't think we should lynch him though, thats just doing scums role for them, if they don't want a tracker running about let them waste a night kill on it.

this is idiotic.

First off, lose the salt, compadre. Just because I came to a different conclusion about what to do today that happened to diverge from your infallible and brilliant deduction process doesn't mean I'm "idiotic", it just means we - surprise! - disagree. Second, no, you don't need to repeat what you said condescendingly as if I didn't read you the first time because I did, and repeating yourself is only useful for purposes of recency, of which there was no need. Third, I am already persuaded (and so is Freakinchair!) that a Verelios lynch is the best one for today because more-and-better outcomes can arise from letting Seath and JQK. In fact, if you want to sit around and talk about our tracker and doctor all day, go ahead, but I'm way, way past that. So no, I don't consider it "fucking around", and I don't have a pissing contest because
I already know I'm better than Verelios

Yeah. I don't really know on what planet weemad spends the majority of their time but this is what I and someone else were talking about yesterday.

Alright - I've gone through some of the old posts and, based on voting history and based on how much information we'll get out of it... we need to lynch Verelios. I've explained my reasoning in a previous post and it's the only logical move we can make that doesn't involve a complete leap of faith.

I'm not sure what Seath's gamble here is. If he wants us to vote him out he needs to give us more information than just wanting it.
I'm going to second this post but I want to add that lynching Patches sounds fine by me.

Hahaha, oh man, sorry I was laughing but I should've given a reason why. Ha, this whole argument hinges on me knowing you, confirmed vig (serial killer) were going to kill Nudull instead of me on night 3 which I would have definitely believed because reasons. Ha, man. No, no, no, more to the point, you were blocked (by scum apparently) day 2 because they were trying to protect me, but they just said fuck it day 3 and let you do your thing on killing me or Nudull. No, no, no, I understand, fucking lark right? Obviously just a scum trick by sacrificing me and Nudull...who happened to flip up investigator. So, we're left with a dangerous guy who no one knows who he's going to kill next aiming to lynch.

But, but, but, that's not why I'm laughing. You're probably going to shoot me tonight after killing Nudull yesterday anyway so, ha. Unless you want to use your kill on someone else while lynching me now, it's weird you're so gung ho. Well, let's take a step back and say, I dunno, that maybe, just maybe, you're not exactly the best proponent of town's best interests. We've got two people shot dead by you, both town, not accusing you of anything, but, eh, numbers ain't looking pretty.

So it's hilarious when you frame my lynch in a way beneficial to anyone. Why would anyone trust you? Again, probably doesn't matter as your going to shoot who you want, when you want, pew pew pew but haha.
This is like a huge overreaction which is very typical of you. But it also exaggerates a lot. You have a habit of making it seem like you're obviously not scum and it's like... No... It's not obvious.

inb4 "reasons" rant

Verelios

Haha

You'll find it interesting Kristoffer wrote a lot to basically say 'that's silly'. Not why I'm wrong or where I'm exaggerating but 'that's silly'. Ha.

squidyj

Come on squidy, I expected better than you. So let's dumb it down and chuck some subtlety out of the window.

I did address seath I just left a couple of lines to be filled in. From what I posted I expected you could infer that:
1) I believe Seaths claim
2) I visited FEP

There's no real point in my claiming specifically, As others have mentioned it could be argued any way to fit your motives, if I write here that I'm a doctor, is that better? What about if I'm a sleepwalker? Do you want me to just implode and claim scum role locker ...someone neutral?

I really think Seath is just bored of the game and is happy to out himself and leave. I don't think we should lynch him though, thats just doing scums role for them, if they don't want a tracker running about let them waste a night kill on it.

Vote: Johnnyquicknives

I don't care what you claim at this point, your reticence and weak rhetoric to this point has already tarnished anything you have to say on the matter. You just want to be able to hide behind misinformation later on in the game.

Honestly today there's plenty of targets, weemad and fep have sketchy fucking roleclaims, seath outed a potentially town PR, Johnny Q wont roleclaim, won't list his visits, won't even name claim, and Kris has been a coked up nonsense factory since day 1 but instead weak town are listening to the loudest voices in the room, just because they are so loud and willing to shout down any resistance.

weak town are listening to the loudest voices in the room, just because they are so loud and willing to shout down any resistance.

Speaking of loud voices:

Mazre Mazre Mazre Mazre Mazre Mazre Mazre Mazre Mazre Mazre Mazre Mazre Mazre Mazre Mazre Mazre Mazre Mazre Mazre Mazre Mazre Mazre Mazre Mazre Mazre Mazre Mazre Mazre Mazre Mazre Mazre Mazre Mazre Mazre Mazre Mazre Mazre Mazre Mazre Mazre Mazre Mazre Mazre Mazre Mazre Mazre Mazre Mazre Mazre Mazre Mazre Mazre Mazre Mazre Mazre Mazre Mazre Mazre Mazre Mazre Mazre Mazre Mazre Mazre Mazre Mazre Mazre Mazre Mazre Mazre Mazre Mazre Mazre Mazre Mazre Mazre Mazre Mazre Mazre Mazre Mazre Mazre Mazre Mazre Mazre Mazre Mazre Mazre Mazre Mazre Mazre Mazre Mazre Mazre Mazre Mazre Mazre Mazre Mazre Mazre Mazre Mazre Mazre Mazre Mazre Mazre Mazre Mazre Mazre Mazre Mazre Mazre Mazre Mazre Mazre Mazre Mazre Mazre Mazre Mazre Mazre Mazre Mazre Mazre Mazre Mazre Mazre Mazre Mazre Mazre Mazre Mazre Mazre Mazre Mazre Mazre Mazre Mazre Mazre Mazre Mazre Mazre Mazre Mazre Mazre Mazre Mazre Mazre Mazre Mazre Mazre Mazre Mazre Mazre Mazre Mazre Mazre Mazre Mazre Mazre

Considering you vacillate constantly between yelling at other players and calling them idiots, I would actually call you the loudest player.

Top Bottom