• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |Mafia OT| The Night Brims With Defiled Scum

There's nothing to make good on really. I did what I did specifically to gain trust, really bad luck that the fucking vig killed the investigator I was relying on to help clear me.

Here's what I will tell you. If there is a beast faction I have not joined it but I have at least partially transformed. If there is an insight mechanic it does not involve me. My role pm just indicated that I would activate after n3. This is why I have been doubtful of chair, though, who claims to be tasked with clearing out beats when scum shows no beasts and my town-aligned role is kind of beastly. Nudull's PM actually works in Chair's favor though imo. My suspicions have lessened but I would surely appreciate it if the vig got his shit together anyway. More and more it looks like we have two scum teams with only one NK in the church. Could still have neutrals. If other people transformed today shit could get cray tonight.

Like I said, we won't lose without my role. I'm no ascetic one-shot NK immune serial killer cop or anything. But as I indicated, no one will be able to get results off of me anymore. I can't receive protection any more but I also don't need it. I won't reveal the specifics of my power by request but it will become evident. I can be killed. If you lynch me I will die. If you don't trust me I will be around the rest of the game. My only goal is eliminating threats to the town so I request you let me do me for now.

Moving on, seems verelios may be cleared? Nudull rode him for two days and then hopped off completely d3. I'll need to read his posts more carefully tonight when I have some time.

I was blocked night 2 from killing nudull. Nudull is not scum... I had two targets that night that everyone knew about. Nudull and Verelios. See where I'm going with this? If I was blocked by scum then verelios is scum. If I was blocked by town then my read is completely off.

Nudull also didn't really ride verelios - was more interested in killing kristoff it looked like. I'll have time to look at posts later on... Been very busy.

I assume from this post that you can't be night killed now. And you decide to be open about this instead of trying to trick scum in wasting a kill on you.... Why?
For reasons, not an oversight.

I was blocked night 2 from killing nudull. Nudull is not scum... I had two targets that night that everyone knew about. Nudull and Verelios. See where I'm going with this? If I was blocked by scum then verelios is scum. If I was blocked by town then my read is completely off.

Nudull also didn't really ride verelios - was more interested in killing kristoff it looked like. I'll have time to look at posts later on... Been very busy.

Yeah, I corrected. Meant to say kris, not verelios.

fep needs to talk or die.

in the meantime I want to hear more about weemad's role claim. Your spooky bullshit isn't going to save you from scum if you're as town as you say you are. lay your cards on the table.

My keeping my cards close to my vest won't protect me from the scum faction that has proved they can night kill, no. However apart from finding them based on behavior and voting them out of this place, I am not a bigger threat to them than anyone else. We have at least two scum factions, you see.

You can trust me to know when to share what I've got for the benefit of town.

It seems clear that squidy was cleared by nudull N1. I don't think they checked johnnyquicknives. The fact that they refused to vote for me, and actually came out and town read me when NOBODY else was, makes me think nudull checked me N2. I was frankly a little weirded out by the support lol. Obviously the notation is a little vague, and even if I was checked i could be a godfather, so it's not like an absolute clearance. But I was assuming nudull was the cop from that moment on.

Verelios

There's nothing to make good on really. I did what I did specifically to gain trust, really bad luck that the fucking vig killed the investigator I was relying on to help clear me.

I can be killed. If you lynch me I will die. If you don't trust me I will be around the rest of the game. My only goal is eliminating threats to the town so I request you let me do me for now.

Moving on, seems verelios may be cleared? Nudull rode him for two days and then hopped off completely d3. I'll need to read his posts more carefully tonight when I have some time.

Correction, if you trust me I will be around the rest of the game. Correction, I would read the votes as kristoffer possibly cleared, not verelios.
Nah...nah, I don't trust you. Firstly, with how yesterday was going there were NO votes on Kris making a vote by Nudull moot. Again, just because Nudull voted for the front runners, doesn't clear Kris from suspicious. That is some double blind leading bullshit being pan handled and I'm not buying. Now I'm curious just how you managed to come to this conclusion.

I just read through all of Nudull's posts and nothing exonerated Kris, if anything public opinion didn't let them say anything against Kris yesterday.

So here I am Panda, with some suspicion of your allegiance, regret I didn't question your claim that you're not divulging and plain shaking my head at 'whoops, the investigator died, shucks' attitude.

Flame_AC

I'm hesitant to believe the FEP claim as it all seems rather convenient, role claim then person needed dies. Don't like the bulletproof statement either, doesn't help anyone here other than FEP and scum.

I was wrong on my earlier suspicion of NF, but I'm still on JQK.

Vote: johnnyquicknives

Unvote

My vote would put JQK at 5, and majority is 8? (Is it?)

This is where my vote will be for my reasons on Day 3, I think this is our best choice today, at least right now.

I'm hesitant to believe the FEP claim as it all seems rather convenient, role claim then person needed dies. Don't like the bulletproof statement either, doesn't help anyone here other than FEP and scum

Coincidence. If I was scum fishing for the cop , it would still take until tonight to NK the cop. And I am not claiming bulletproof. In fact, I said specifically that I can be killed. I didn't phrase it well but I didn't mean only by lynching.

squidyj

Here's what I will tell you. If there is a beast faction I have not joined it but I have at least partially transformed. If there is an insight mechanic it does not involve me. My role pm just indicated that I would activate after n3. This is why I have been doubtful of chair, though, who claims to be tasked with clearing out beats when scum shows no beasts and my town-aligned role is kind of beastly. Nudull's PM actually works in Chair's favor though imo. My suspicions have lessened but I would surely appreciate it if the vig got his shit together anyway. More and more it looks like we have two scum teams with only one NK in the church. Could still have neutrals. If other people transformed today shit could get cray tonight.

Like I said, we won't lose without my role. I'm no ascetic one-shot NK immune serial killer cop or anything. But as I indicated, no one will be able to get results off of me anymore. I can't receive protection any more but I also don't need it. I won't reveal the specifics of my power by request but it will become evident. I can be killed. If you lynch me I will die. If you don't trust me I will be around the rest of the game. My only goal is eliminating threats to the town so I request you let me do me for now.

what is your role name?

Longish post then I'm going to disappear.

I want to explain that my nudull inclination was entirely because they and Verelios seemed to be tag-teaming most of Day 2 and Day 3. They posted similarly, both jumped on Johnny, even posted at some of the same times. I am 100% certain Verelios is Healing Church and so I was certain that nudull was, too. Sorry, nudull.

I didn't really suspect Haly of anything because he successfully convinced me he was not Mensis yesterday. However, weemad threw us all for a fucking loop and I was stuck between lynching Haly and weemad. Weemad seemed like a more interesting option to keep alive. Oh, and there was the suspicion temporarily that weemad was going to lynch bomb someone. It was pretty chaotic.

Now that weemad had decided not to tell us shit... I think he's an option for today.

I have no clue what to do with flatearthpandas. He says he can't be investigated anymore because his alignment changed. We also lost our cop who would verify this. Oh, and scrafty's flavor suggests... serial killer. That's NK immune. Gulp. But then again, I don't know. My opinion is that maybe we should leave him alive for today, let him do something tonight, and then ask him again tomorrow. I just don't want to lynch a neutral that is volunteering to align himself with town.

All that aside, there's really one suspect I think we should just finally agree on today...

This really is the icing on the cake for me. Freakinchair was crystal clear that he wanted to take out nudull or Verelios. We ended up getting Mazre on day 2 so either of those two were on his target list. It made perfect sense for one of them to roleblock him. Now that nudull is known town, it's painfully obvious that Verelios feared his life and either he or a scum buddy blocked his vote. This is as good of a reason as we're going to get.

Now couple that with the endless incessant attempts to shift public opinion toward me, even when nobody gave a shit anymore. Whining about a johnnyquicknives lynch that just was never going to happen. And his suspicious day 1 behavior. Verelios has been chatty, active, and aggressive (narrow-mindedly) for over two day phases, now. Why was he so quiet Day 1? Is it because... I called him out?

The truth is Verelios has demonstrated complete and total unwillingness to discuss the top voted lynch options and almost entirely focuses on me, Johnny, or focuses on nothing at all (as with the chaos Day 1). As Johnny once pointed out, he is either totally not paying attention to the game or intentionally trying to misdirect people. I think it is the latter.

Vote: Verelios

This is my one and only vote for today.

My keeping my cards close to my vest won't protect me from the scum faction that has proved they can night kill, no. However apart from finding them based on behavior and voting them out of this place, I am not a bigger threat to them than anyone else. We have at least two scum factions, you see.

You can trust me to know when to share what I've got for the benefit of town.

See, this is confusing me, and I'm not sure I'm completely getting what you're saying here. Town power roles exist to help town catch/counter scum. Obviously you have some negative utility exceptions, but generally they're going to be more of a threat to scum than vanilla town. And in any case, how would scum know that you're not a threat to them? and what does multiple scum factions have to do with anything?

Panda's, when you say nobody will be able to get results off you, are you claiming ascetic?

Losing the cop changes nothing about Pandas' claim. I would be doubtful of even a town result from a requested cop check. If I was a cop, I wouldn't have checked him last night.

This really is the icing on the cake for me. Freakinchair was crystal clear that he wanted to take out nudull or Verelios. We ended up getting Mazre on day 2 so either of those two were on his target list. It made perfect sense for one of them to roleblock him. Now that nudull is known town, it's painfully obvious that Verelios feared his life and either he or a scum buddy blocked his vote. This is as good of a reason as we're going to get.

There is a WIFOM element to this reasoning, but with Freak not being role blocked today, it certainly makes me thing that it might be worth following through with this.

and also the extent to which certain… powers have hold over them.

Now why would a cop need to know this? If we assume that this is referring to Mensis' KB handing out. According to Roy it has no impact on alignment and no other effects.

Verelios

Now couple that with the endless incessant attempts to shift public opinion toward me, even when nobody gave a shit anymore. Whining about a johnnyquicknives lynch that just was never going to happen. And his suspicious day 1 behavior. Verelios has been chatty, active, and aggressive (narrow-mindedly) for over two day phases, now. Why was he so quiet Day 1? Is it because... I called him out?

The truth is Verelios has demonstrated complete and total unwillingness to discuss the top voted lynch options and almost entirely focuses on me, Johnny, or focuses on nothing at all (as with the chaos Day 1). As Johnny once pointed out, he is either totally not paying attention to the game or intentionally trying to misdirect people. I think it is the latter.

Vote: Verelios

This is my one and only vote for today.
BUUUULLLL. And you're so conveniently shutting down for the day without any rebuttals, discussion or input.

Unwillingness to discuss? What discussion? Johnny was a top 3 lynch target yesterday, chances are he could have well been lynched if not for the Weemad or Haly push, so what the hell are you talking about? It's like you're (surprise) forgetting how many votes were on Johnny just because you and some other prolific posters didn't target him. Guess what, numbers don't only matter when people who say them talk the loudest.

As for Haly, I said what I thought when I got back on, surprised he'd been pushed all the way up.
Verelios said:
Not convinced on Haly. Feels too similar to Palmer to me, and he wound up town.

I also replied to my posting habits day 1 and reiterated them over day 2 and 3. You're flaky, quick to shoot off accusations but also quick to duck from them. Why wouldn't I come down hard on you.
Verelios said:
Okay then, I'll address your points the best I can. First, I don't know how anyone plays or what their tells are. When people say 'Seath is just being Seath' or this person just pulled a scumtell, I have to wait and think why, or ask why that's so, as I'm not familiar with them. It's like faulting a person new to quiz shows for not pulling out a freaking Layton, it's not realistic.

Second, I didn't really see anything scummy about Ri'orius besides him not posting frequently and some posters pointing it out. Last second there's a sudden bandwagon to kill him, and yeah, I was apprehensive about how sudden it was. In hindsight, he wasn't town, but if he was then that's pretty suspicious.

Third, it was my first day 1. What am I really supposed to talk about when I'm new to Mafia and don't know any of the players here? Lunch? The most you can do is slowly learn and be reactive.
So, bringing up day 1 when I already answered. But your day 1 playing has no excuse other than trying not to die. Right.

Keep pushing Johnny though, so when he flips scum you both can get burned. Also, Chair being blocked day 2 but not day 3 has significance why? Was he not able to kill me day 3? I'm tired of you deflecting questions with weak arguments. All you have is, what, a weak relation between me and Nudull (but you weye wrong on that 1), chair being blocked and me proving you scum. Okay, good look.

what is your role name?
I have been getting really difficult town role names lately. Heretic in gods. Sophia in bachelor party (scum team was all females, flavor indicated women weren't invited guests, was the only female townie).

Continuing this, I will share that I am the afflicted beggar. Yes, indeed, the serial killer from the actual game.

I am not a serial killer.

I don't see how my claim would make sense as a serial killer so i do hope we don't dwell on that. I do see how one could read it as a really obvious scum ploy if we believed the scum teams still have enough members to willingly put someone in the town view. Actually, I was fairly invisible before so except as town I don't see much reason I would have outed at all.
I have no clue what to do with flatearthpandas. He says he can't be investigated anymore because his alignment changed. We also lost our cop who would verify this. Oh, and scrafty's flavor suggests... serial killer. That's NK immune. Gulp. But then again, I don't know. My opinion is that maybe we should leave him alive for today, let him do something tonight, and then ask him again tomorrow. I just don't want to lynch a neutral that is volunteering to align himself with town.

Just to be clear, I wanted to communicate there was no alignment change. Born town, will die town presumably. We still don't really know how the kin works. I assume kb was the other info nudull was meant to gather so it may be more important than Roy has let on.

Verelios

squidyj

so we have patches the spider and the afflicted beggar and they're both supposed to be town roles?
Also freakin what was your role name again?

There is a WIFOM element to this reasoning, but with Freak not being role blocked today, it certainly makes me thing that it might be worth following through with this.

My only worry is that this is literally a scum outplay. Knowing I was going to target townies they blocked me anyways in an effort for me to push for town lynches during the day when my kills don't go through.

But you know what? Fuck it. Verelios dodged a bullet two days ago and a Mensis was lynched. My faction war theory is going into full effect.

VOTE: Verelios

roytheone

Yeah.....I don't believe that claim Seath. If you really are a town tracker, you just royally fucked up, since if JQK is a town pr, you just outed two town pr, right after we also lost our cop. If JQK is a scum pr, you just gave him the ability to adapt his fake role claim to match your results, instead of doing the logical thing of staying quiet to see if he claims something that goes against your results. So regardless if JQK is scum or town, this claim always helps scum more then it helps town. You claimed for no reason (JQK was already a leading lynch candidate), especially so early on in the day, you give very little details, you jump to the conclusion we HAVE to lynch JQK without considering the size-able change he is a town pr. This claim stinks.

I'm not sure what that means, unless it concerns Panda saying he was turning into a beast or something...

A tracker is a type of pr. They can target someone during the night, and if that person has a power and targets someone during that night, you will get the name of their target(s). So for example if I was a doctor that protected chair last night, and seath would have targeted me last night, he would get as a result "your target visited freakingchair".

Kevyt

Since you've claimed Seath, want to reveal the rest of your tracking results?

Sure, EzekelRage on N1, and well nothing (and he was NK'd).

Haly on N2, and nothing.

Yeah.....I don't believe that claim Seath. If you really are a town tracker, you just royally fucked up, since if JQK is a town pr, you just outed two town pr, right after we also lost our cop. If JQK is a scum pr, you just gave him the ability to adapt his fake role claim to match your results, instead of doing the logical thing of staying quiet to see if he claims something that goes against your results. So regardless if JQK is scum or town, this claim always helps scum more then it helps town. You claimed for no reason (JQK was already a leading lynch candidate), especially so early on in the day, you give very little details, you jump to the conclusion we HAVE to lynch JQK without considering the size-able change he is a town pr. This claim stinks.

Well, I disagree.

*Scratch that last point. Seath knows that neither of those two moved even if he wasn't a tracker, because they both flipped vanilla. Convenient.

Kalor

I don't know if I believe Seath's claim. The first two targets are very convenient. I highly doubt that both the vig and tracker targeted Ezekiel on the first night. At least to me Ezekiel didn't raise that much suspicion so I don't know what would make two people target him.

I don't know if I believe Seath's claim. The first two targets are very convenient. I highly doubt that both the vig and tracker targeted Ezekiel on the first night. At least to me Ezekiel didn't raise that much suspicion so I don't know what would make two people target him.

Kevyt

I guess there's only one way to find out.

Vote: Seath

To be honest, I'm done with this game, it's so boring and I'm really sick of the chair psychologist detective many in here are playing.

To be honest, I'm done with this game, it's so boring and I'm really sick of the chair psychologist many in here are playing.

Seath don't feel dejected or defeated! Keep your vote on Johnnyquicknives and lets hammer! I would like nothing more than for us to move off of Wednesday day start and Sunday day ends...

Camjo-Z

Okay, here’s my REAL post. Ahem:

Howdy y'all! I see freakinchair finally has a certifiable kill to prove he wasn't lying about his ability, even though he killed the cop with it.

To be honest, I'm done with this game, it's so boring and I'm really sick of the chair psychologist detective many in here are playing.

>does nothing all game except fuck around, banter with kris, and vote himself
>is bored with how the game is going

u dont say...

Speaking of doing nothing, I'm absolutely shocked that both weemad and flatearthpandas are alive and well with nothing to show for yesterday's claims - though TBH I’m less concerned with flatearth as his claim was clearly premeditated and didn’t even really need to be made. If the person I think is maf is maf, he wouldn't have drawn that kind of attention to himself. No, I’m more interested in the really shoddy spider claim that was doled out piecemeal at the last second with very little actual detail given, just vague warnings about bad things happening if they’re lynched/nightkilled and promises of good stuff. It's Day 4. Does anyone seriously believe weemad has a helpful ability that takes this long to activate and yet can't be revealed to anyone lest it become useless?

VOTE: weemadarthur

- though TBH I’m less concerned with flatearth as his claim was clearly premeditated and didn’t even really need to be made. If the person I think is maf is maf, he wouldn't have drawn that kind of attention to himself.
Sorry, I can't follow your pronouns. "He" wouldn't draw attention to himself - are you still talking about FEP or did you switch to your Mafia suspect?

No, I’m more interested in the really shoddy spider claim that was doled out piecemeal at the last second with very little actual detail given, just vague warnings about bad things happening if they’re lynched/nightkilled and promises of good stuff. It's Day 4. Does anyone seriously believe weemad has a helpful ability that takes this long to activate and yet can't be revealed to anyone lest it become useless?

VOTE: weemadarthur

I didn't say it takes this long to activate. I gave informational results; it's just that I haven't picked the target(s) I need to pick. Anyway, you have a flip with a late power activation, plus FEP claiming he didn't activate until last night - post blood moon btw - and you are worried that roles could have delays?

The only bad thing I suggested would happen if I were lynched is the loss of a town power role. I could still be night killed by any scum faction, but there's nothing I can do about that.

Your history of over sharing your role information didn't exactly turn out well for town. Perhaps you should accept that there are pieces of information which will make the bad guys behave differently, losing role efficacy.

Kevyt

Okay, here’s my REAL post. Ahem:

Howdy y'all! I see freakinchair finally has a certifiable kill to prove he wasn't lying about his ability, even though he killed the cop with it.

>does nothing all game except fuck around, banter with kris, and vote himself
>is bored with how the game is going

u dont say...

giphy.gif

we need to lynch seath.
Okay, fine.

And in the midst of the night, I will forever mistake the blowing wind as your gentle whisper. Sleep soundly, and may your panache carry you past the realm of the living, past the realm of the dead, past whatever may lie beyond it all.

Camjo-Z

Sorry, I can't follow your pronouns. "He" wouldn't draw attention to himself - are you still talking about FEP or did you switch to your Mafia suspect?

I guess that was a little unclear, but no pronoun trouble here. I'm saying that if YOU are mafia, flatearth is unlikely to be your maf buddy as he wouldn't want to draw further attention to the team after you narrowly escaped death.

I didn't say it takes this long to activate. I gave informational results; it's just that I haven't picked the target(s) I need to pick. Anyway, you have a flip with a late power activation, plus FEP claiming he didn't activate until last night - post blood moon btw - and you are worried that roles could have delays?

Your history of over sharing your role information didn't exactly turn out well for town. Perhaps you should accept that there are pieces of information which will make the bad guys behave differently, losing role efficacy.

Ah, I can't wait to find out what investigative results could possibly come from Patches the fucking shopkeeper. If this is a real role that has been actively designed to make no sense in terms of lore to throw off townies, I say well played Scrafty.

Also, oversharing info has always worked out. Like when town won in Batma- er, well how about in Gafia 2 when I jointed with town as arsoni- hm...

Kevyt

I honestly think my lynch will be very valuable today because it would prove what I said about tracking Johnnyquicknives and FEP. In addition shine light to who the remaining scum are. Given that we have two, I'd say town doesn't lose much from lynching another townie so being it on!

I want to be Lynched today please.

Thank you~

o/

Flame_AC

I honestly think my lynch will be very valuable today because it would prove what I said about tracking Johnnyquicknives and FEP. In addition shine light to who the remaining scum are. Given that we have two, I'd say town doesn't lose much from lynching another townie so being it on!

I want to be Lynched today please.

Thank you~

o/

So say that you're lynched and you were completely truthful. You think we should go on to lynch JQK? If you think we should do that, why not just lynch him today and see what he was if you think he was a scum PR.

Of course, if you think JQK is a town PR, you've put him in a hard spot. Has he said if he did indeed visit FEP last night or not?

Top Bottom