• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |Mafia OT| The Night Brims With Defiled Scum

roytheone

Vote: weemadarthur

Is it just me or is everything really easy today?

Normally I would agree that all these trains are forming to easily with little actual pushback. However, with the scum being split between two scum teams and both of them already having lost a member (and judging from the NK i assume the church hasn't found their hidden member yet), it is possible that when one of them gets a vote train on them, they simply don't have the numbers to seriously push back against it.

So haly or weemadarthur?

Is that the focus so far? I know last week flipped on a dime on the final day.

Sorry I haven't been focusing as much. Lost internet at work yesterday so my reading and posting was very limited.

Of the two I think haly is likely town. Just in a bad spot due to reasons. I've been there. Wemad I need to read a bit more about, especially since that is so new.

Camjo-Z

Technically my first kill was effective at killing a confused townie. Or rather a townie caught in the crossfire that ended up being extremely suspect. I'm not really worried about being blocked, I encourage it actually because I'd rather have our more powerful roles active at night. I had a few points for outing myself and so far it's working - you can read my previous posts for more information. Pretty sure the consensus is that I'm town so you're post here is extremely weird.

Well I've waited about a day and no one has even touched my theory of you not being a town vig, so I guess I have to believe you.

UNVOTE

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Generally spotty reasoning and votes contrary to the daily trains. They were on me D1, Palmer D2, then Seath currently.

I had them as town but in hindsight I dunno. Lots of ineffectual votes, but I feel like scum would want to be voting in their own interests or bussing when the cause seems lost.

haly's had a bit of awkwardness that reminds me of this gif.

eqkradggncpl37e7d4on.gif

Very robotic and unnatural.

By the way, I will respond to everything from yesterday, I promise. Just hungover at the moment.

RIP OPEN THE BARRIER BETWEEN DREAM AND REALITY
OPEN YOUR EYES AND STARE INTO THE SWIRLING, CHURNING ABYSS SO THAT YOUR TRUE WORTH MIGHT BE MADE EVIDENT
MOTHER CANNOT HELP YOU NOW

CX_MGU.gif

Haly

If I'm taking the second bit at face value I think someone just became a beast.

Kalor

For weemad they haven't done anything that comes across as suspicious to me. Though I would need to check their posts again. Compared to other players they would be low down for me in terms of who to lynch.

I'm really not sure about weemad tbh - i have them as scummy but this random vote train on him is making me think otherwise. I still think we lynch nudull or verelios (verelios will definitely give us the most information). I don't think lynching Haly will give us much information unfortunately if they turn out to be town or scum.

As for me becoming a beast...

GQTbg0G.jpg

I agree with you that nudull or Verelios(!) are much better choices, but I personally need to prove to people they I'm not Mensis, so lynching Haly will do that.

Haly

I personally need to prove to people they I'm not Mensis, so lynching Haly will do that.
I voted Mazre when he was at 2 votes, you were at 4, and people (including you) were switching to Verelios, but I stayed on Mazre the entire time. Why in gods name would I do that as Mensis? In the end Mazre won by a single vote, it would've been trivial for me to save him at any time. I could've switched my vote back to you as well and it would've made a tie more likely.

Just based on voting pattern it's more likely you're Mensis than I.

Haly

Holy shit, we have 40 minutes?!

I'm going to make the case for voting Verelios over Mazre. I would much prefer this for a variety of reasons:

- Mazre was inactive on Day 1. Verelios was actively disinterested, despite being present. One is a greater sin than the other.
- Mazre has no known connections, primarily because he doesn't post. Like, shame on him, totally, but we already know that Verelios a) voted consistently against Haly b) is always up my ass and c) seems to have a tenuous connection with nudull. That's a lot of information gleaned if (when) verelios flips scum! It clears my name so you assholes can finally lay off, it indicts nudull, it probably clears haly, and it still lets you guys go after Mazre in the future. Like, wow.
- Verelios is very defensive! He's contributed almost nothing in the way of outing suspicious players and has hyperfocused on slandering me. This proves he has an AGENDA. To make matters stickier, nudull joined the fray. Mazre, on the other hand... Seems to have no agenda at all.
- Mazre is inactive. Do you really think he'd be inactive if he'd been given an exciting scum role?

My fear is that everyone here is chasing inactives instead of going after scummy behavior. Do you really want to squander your lead?

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Haly

Usually no.

What Freakinchair, supposing he's telling the truth, because being notified of a roleblock is against the norm for non information gathering rolls (which produce a concrete result and thus can "miss"), is doing is making the game more predictable. The roleblocker's best move is to block Freakinchair every night, regardless of whether they're town or scum. If Freakinchair never manages to kill, and the Roleblocker never blocks anyone else, then we have, in effect, two vanilla players instead of a Vigi/Serial Killer and Town/Scum Roleblocker. After some thought I'm kind of okay with this even if it's really boring.

still waiting kris.
I'm at dinner with the fam. Can't be arsed to sit down and carefully respond to every allegation that has been levied against me when my head is pounding from straddling a barstool last night. But fret not, lovely. I'll make sure to fit some time in for you before the night's close (and my next round of wild ale).

Muah, kisses.

squidyj

I'm at dinner with the fam. Can't be arsed to sit down and carefully respond to every allegation that has been levied against me when my head is pounding from straddling a barstool last night. But fret not, lovely. I'll make sure to fit some time in for you before the night's close (and my next round of wild ale).

Muah, kisses.

vote: kristoffer

I was asking for your opinion about weemad but you've dodged enough.

No. If I did I certainly wouldn't have opened myself up to being role blocked/killed like I did.
A very good point, actually.
can we at least talk about how we feel about weemad in this game?

Anything you want to talk about with me directly? I am here now and will have trouble showing up for the rest of the day phase due to scheduled events.

Or were you just seeing if anyone would defend me? Sadly for me, only I am likely to do so.

Kevyt

How much time do we have left? Also, is it hard for the mods to post constant vote counts with the timer or is it like really difficult????

????
??
?

?????

Vote: zippedpinhead[/highlight

You've been around, but hardly saying anything. You have made very safe reads on people who rather put themselves in the spotlight, but not given much on new topics, or said anything really original on existing topics. This is play that I call coasting.
Zippedpinhead, I haven't seen you respond to my inquiries. You took the time to OMGUS read me as scum though.
Roy claims to have been turned into Kin. Is that the same as school of mensis? Because mensis had a chat. It would explain his "guessing" at the size of that team. Also he doesn't want to be killed so he's wanting to convince the town that mensis isn't a threat. But I suspect they will be at some point, just like Ri'Orius was supposed to turn into some sort of cop or something eventually during the game.

As a neutral in the past season, and viewing other Gafia neutrals, I think they're a solid threat. I see no reason not to lynch neutrals.

Also, are Kin = beasts? Because there are a couple people who have been very sure there would be beasts, which would gain power over time, and who weren't Mafia. If kin =\= beasts, who are the beasts? Freakinchair supposedly is to hunt them. Is he supposed to wipe out mensis?
Nobody wants to talk about lynching Roy for having been converted?

My older reads: Freakinchair has accounted for his behavior and I continue to town read him. I would not have played that role in the same way.

Haly I am currently null on. I wouldn't object to lynching him. But I still suspect others more.

Kristoffer has been extremely inconsistent and seems to have a private agenda. I can't personally account for his behavior if he's town.

I scum read Seath, and nobody wants to talk about it. I think everyone has forgotten seath is even playing.

Haly

I think we should be seeing another Kin tomorrow. If we do, then we'll have a better idea of what we're facing in terms of remaining Mensis. If we don't, roy's probably going to have some explaining to do.

The way I see it is Kris has been at risk of lynching pretty much every day save for this one so he's doing whatever he can to survive. This is not strictly scummy because a town player might do the same thing if they were very invested in survival. But yes, the behavior is certainly erratic.

Which is it? Am I fixated on Verelios, or erratic?

I've given reads already. I don't need to give reads on everyone just because someone asks and just because people expect me to have an opinion about every player in the universe. My top priority is Verelios, I am going for a nudull lynch today, Haly has made me nervous but satisfactorily proven that he is not Mensis, and I have reads on weemad I will share later.

Suck it.

EDIT: ah shit, I didn't get the stealth edit in. Sorry, mods.

How much time do we have left? Also, is it hard for the mods to post constant vote counts with the timer or is it like really difficult????

????
??
?

?????

The timer and vote counts are always, ALWAYS in the OP. Instead of complaining about it here why not just check there? I'm modding this game while working 12-hour shifts and writing up flavour/day end on my meal breaks, so cut me some slack.

I'm modding this game while working 12-hour shifts and writing up flavour/day end on my meal breaks, so cut me some slack.
You're a wonderful mod, Scrafty! Thanks for hosting a great game! Everyone here probably agrees. :) The flavor is among the best I've seen and the game is interesting already on Day 3.

Haly

I'm speaking more of general behavior, Kris. You switch votes on a dime, and you raise a lot of fuss without a solid foundation behind it. It's understandable since you're being threatened every day but it's still pretty crazy!

Nudull

Banned
I wouldn't lose sleep over a Haly lynch, but then again, I've been pretty neutral about my feelings there. I'm sorta leaning more towards johnnyquicknives or someone else, but I'll think on this a bit.

Which is it? Am I fixated on Verelios, or erratic?

I've given reads already. I don't need to give reads on everyone just because someone asks and just because people expect me to have an opinion about every player in the universe. My top priority is Verelios, I am going for a nudull lynch today, Haly has made me nervous but satisfactorily proven that he is not Mensis, and I have reads on weemad I will share later.

Suck it.

EDIT: ah shit, I didn't get the stealth edit in. Sorry, mods.

I would appreciate if you gave reads of me while I'm here to discuss them. I may not be here at the end of this day phase and will need to leave a vote I think will be useful and accurate in about an hour.

General reads
Town
Squidy
Freakinchair
Detailed earlier

Johnnyquicknives I did read towny on day one. Since then he has really just quietly agreed with random people and not brought up anything new iirc. That COULD be scummy, or just relatively quiet town. I'm not convinced to vote.

Nudull has offered very little explanation of anything, while claiming to be participating actively. I understand why people are reading them as scum. But there's a smugness behind their posts which makes me wonder if they have some ace up their sleeve.

Nobody talks about Kalor either. Kalor has a talent of being forgotten even when participating quite a bit. I currently think about 30% likely he's town. But frankly he's a pretty good scum and he may just be fooling me. I couldn't even read him as scum when we were on the same team! (Lost partner)

MagnumBoy20xx

Neo Member
I am probably the worst player in this game, and it's not even close. I haven't contributed at all, and have just been dead weight all game. I am sorry to you all.

With that said, I am not quitting this game, not yet anyway. I am going to take a leap of faith and go after someone who my gut is saying is scum.

vote: weemadarthur

Like crimson said your votes have not been helpful at all. You voted for haly day 1, abandoned that vote on day 2 to prod inactives, of which I was one, and the last vote you made was on the guy who was killed by scum last night. Today, you have voted for someone who is generally considered to not by a Lynch target.

Voting is a townie's most important weapon. You have not used it properly at all.

Top Bottom