• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |Mafia OT| The Night Brims With Defiled Scum

Verelios

Vote: Verelios

Can we get a vote count update?

Also, are people seriously voting for Kristoffer?

Are people seriously not pressuring those who didn't vote Ri'Orius??

Heh...

Heh

Eh

Tell me more dahling....

tumblr_n5uzdtzNuw1qanwe4o2_r2_500.gif

Oh shit! Seath and I finally get to vote for the same person. I finally checked the scum thread, so now we're coordinating.

Vote: Verelios

My reasons are the same as always. Day 1 was littered with his noncommittal voting and new-player theatrics. He slinked in the shadows and offered nothing of worth. Day 2 rolled around, and I hit him hard. This shook him, so he has contributed more, with the sole purpose of discrediting me. Rookie mistake. This is scum, so let's get the job done and tag and bag him.

If I cannot secure a Verelios lynch today, I will switch to Mazre. But I urge everyone to strongly consider this choice.

Scum reads:
- Verelios
- Flame_ac
- Palmer_v1
- Mazre

Hm, hm, hm, Seath and Kris with the exchange. Good deflection.
Not 5 posts after each other fam.

Vote: Weemadarthur[/highligh
Weemad, your day 1 vote seems to be entirely fluff which you never moved,

Incorrect. I explained my thoughts throughout day one and two. I was combative with Haly for 1.5 day phases. After a bit more arguing on day two, Haly posted something I was able to believe accounted for my scum read, so I moved on. Pending more information of course, as I don't town read him.

two of your day 2 votes were poking for inactivity, including against someone who was basically confirmed not to be healing church by day 1 voting patterns, and your only other lead you abandoned to go after said person.
Inactives, correct. When they contributed I moved on.

Palmer I was actually scum reading from his bizarre behavior - day one whining, self aggrandizement, OMGUS votes.

And your only vote today is as fluffy as the sloth you voted for.

Incorrect.

My vote is phrased lightly but is due to scum reading seath. Yes, from that day opening post plus their disappearance until it seemed like nobody was supporting my read. Since then seath has still said very little except to agree with others. I say, I believe seath is scum this game. Do you feel you can make a better read?

I keep getting a feeling that a batch of vilebloods and their opponents are going to show up. This game has so many people acting as pairs that I wonder if the point of it is to test the upper limit on non town factions which can't win together.

Flame_AC

Just a note that Drencom isn't actually playing but is in the vote count, just keep that in mind.

Kristoffer has been an aggressive personality for the entire game, it's nothing new to those harping on it...

Freakinchair is my second choice for today if we just want to rid ourselves of the uncertainty of a vig running around. I've found JQK's defense posts based on the Verelios accusations to be weak and more deflecting than anything else.

I wouldn't put much stock into the tandem posts mentioned above, if anything, it means they're less likely to be related as the odds of two scum going in right at the same time are slim, still possible though.

Invested in saving Mazre? I just generally thought Kristoffer was scum and was ready to be lynched if people would snipe him next night. As for Mazre, I had no beef for or against him. He was just an inactive that I wouldn't have minded getting bussed but felt Kristoffer was a much better target.

I know that and that was my point, you are looking at my posts purely as saving Mazre. You don't seem to be able to comprehend that I had a bad feeling about you.

But you? Are you seriously saying there was no intention to protect Mazre by lynching me? You state I can't just claim reasons, but that's all you're hitting me with. Fluff arguments.

Plus, how many posts about lore have I made. 3? 4? Nice try deflecting. I'm not even sure it exceeds 3.

Also, are you going to explain your statement where you said I interacted with errrrybody so a lynch was welcome or naw, just saying things for 'reasons'.

3 paragraphs from you here. Every one is outright wrong.

1) My primary reason, that I have mentioned repeatedly, but you never acknowledge is that i find you hard to read.

2) I havent called you out for posting about lore. The closest I came was saying a lot of your posts were light on content. They were.

3) The closest I came was saying your flip will "point towards others". A long stretch to "errrrybody".

And this is enhancing point one. Maybe you misremember, maybe you exaggerate posts in your head, maybe you are new and don't understand things, maybe you are playing that way deliberately. Whatever it is it makes you hard to read and that doesn't strike me as town play.

Verelios

1) I found it hard to discern whether some of his posts were showing genuine or manufactured inexperience (overly defensive, some coasting etc). Makes for a hard read.
2) He had interactions with a number of players which would have given something to go on today no matter the flip. While Mazre really had to flip scum (or neutral).
Hm.
2) He had interactions with a number of players which would have given something to go on today no matter the flip.
Uh huh.
a number of players
These are your own words, I'm not putting things in your mouth. So, care to point towards these 'interactions' or once again act like you're being unfairly accused.

I swear to god, squidyj, sometimes you make the worst votes. You always pull through in the end, and I know you're just doing this because we have a few days, but I guarantee you that nothing will come out of pressuring Haly because everyone is interested in nudull right now.

squidyj

I swear to god, squidyj, sometimes you make the worst votes. You always pull through in the end, and I know you're just doing this because we have a few days, but I guarantee you that nothing will come out of pressuring Haly because everyone is interested in nudull right now.

Everyone IS very interested in Nudull right now, an entire rogues gallery is arrayed against him.

Meanwhile, what has Haly done for us? I said day 1 that he was on a scum team with Ri'orius and then Ri'orius turned out to be scum, wouldn't it be great if I knocked it out of the park on day 1?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Since day 1 I've been concentrated on looking at squidy, palmer, and kristoffer. Kristoffer because he was just funky. Squidy and palmer because I consider them good players I'm familiar with and thus I'm willing to vote for whoever until I find something worthwhile to pin on these two, who would be significantly greater threats if either of them were scum, in the worst case, both.

Given the results since then it's obvious I was just completely off, which is why I've withdrawn from all the fingerpointing and whatnot. Even if I was active, what would it have accomplished? The Ri'Orius D1 lynch was a last minute drive by palmer. The Mazre lynch was set in motion by squidyj at the start of D2. It's a great town opener, to be sure, but it's also obvious which players are actually driving the town's lynches and which ones are just generating noise, or coasting, myself included.

roytheone

Unless Varelios is also kin or almost kin. Mensis needs people lynches that aren't kin, so it is going to be difficult to find them because their vote patterns are going to make sense basically only to them. I disagree we can make any assumptions about verelious' alignment based on what mensis may or may not have wanted unless it's to exclude him from being mensis. I think it is too early to do that. I agree and stated it would have been in mensis' best interest not to bus mazre but there is definitely some benefit to be gained if one did.

The problem with that benefit is that it comes with a great risk: getting night killed by the church. Is busing your teammate, who's lose would be pretty bad since he could give 4 points every night, really worth it when it comes with such a risk? You risk lynching one member of your team and getting the other night killed.

Since day 1 I've been concentrated on looking at squidy, palmer, and kristoffer. Kristoffer because he was just funky. Squidy and palmer because I consider them good players I'm familiar with and thus I'm willing to vote for whoever until I find something worthwhile to pin on these two, who would be significantly greater threats if either of them were scum, in the worst case, both.

Given the results since then it's obvious I was just completely off, which is why I've withdrawn from all the fingerpointing and whatnot. Even if I was active, what would it have accomplished? The Ri'Orius D1 lynch was a last minute drive by palmer. The Mazre lynch was set in motion by squidyj at the start of D2. It's a great town opener, to be sure, but it's also obvious which players are actually driving the town's lynches and which ones are just generating noise, or coasting, myself included.

This comes over as very scummy to me. Talking and pointing fingers is good for town, even if you end up being wrong a lot of the time. Staying in the background and just following the current lead is bad for town and an easy way for scum to hide from both town and the other scum team.

I was also wondering why you claimed ordinary as soon as you did but the two scum teams could actually explain that: Probably one of the first things you conclude if you see that in a game of 24 players and you only have a few scum partners is that there is another scum team. Claiming ordinary in that case could help with avoiding the powers of the other scum team.

He also pushed the "ri'orius was alone" based on pm wording, and since mazre pm had the same wording while for certain not being alone, that wasn't the case. Could be him trying to push us to focus on the other team. Then there is the part about chair not being a normal vig because that would be "too normal" for this game, which was a weird remark imo.

vote: haly

Kevyt

Everyone IS very interested in Nudull right now, an entire rogues gallery is arrayed against him.

Meanwhile, what has Haly done for us? I said day 1 that he was on a scum team with Ri'orius and then Ri'orius turned out to be scum, wouldn't it be great if I knocked it out of the park on day 1?

I've been poking at Haly but he just ignores me.

I do think he is scum.

Vote: Haly

Kalor

I went through Haly's posts and there was a lot more pure mechanics talk. There are posts where they give their personal opinion and question people but the mechanics talk sort of seems like it is there to make them appear to be contributing more. Withdrawing completely from finger-pointing is quite scummy as Roy said. If you're town you have nothing to lose by accusing someone. With the lynches we've had so far we're in a great position where a mislynch won't have a dramatic effect on town.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Mechanics talk is the only kind of talk I'm comfortable with. I'm just not good or accustomed to accusations based on gut feelings.

Lynching me is a waste of a day but you're right, it won't harm town much given the buffer that's been built.

roytheone

Retro, is there an update on the magnum situation? I understand that you guys are tight on replacements, but having someone not play at all doesn't work either.

roytheone

Haly is dead weight. I never actually wanted to defend him. It was just a ploy in day 1 to get people to like me and not vote me.

Do you actually think Haly is scum, or just a dead weight towny? Yeah, dead weight town is not the best, but no reason to lynch them since that would cost a lynch and the mere act of them being around helps to delay a scum victory.

Do you actually think Haly is scum, or just a dead weight towny? Yeah, dead weight town is not the best, but no reason to lynch them since that would cost a lynch and the mere act of them being around helps to delay a scum victory.
I have very moderate inclinations of scum from Haly for a variety of reasons I don't have time right now to delineate. If you remind me tomorrow, I will happily share my sentiments in more detail. It is sufficient to say at this moment that the combination of Haly's lack of value and his suspicious behavior which has persisted all three days is more than enough reason to lynch. In fact I suppose the case is slightly stronger than the case for nudull.

I'd rather lynch the coasting nudull but if it ends up being haly I'll jump on board. Haly strikes me as either regular town (his claim) or scum. Alternatively I could just attempt to shoot haly at night and we lynch nudull during the day. This might not work though as I'll likely be blocked again.

Camjo-Z

I guarantee you that nothing will come out of pressuring Haly because everyone is interested in nudull right now.

Haly is dead weight. I never actually wanted to defend him. It was just a ploy in day 1 to get people to like me and not vote me.

First it was Verelios, then it was nudull, now it's Haly. It's not really "pressure" when it's clear that you'll just jump ship to another vote as soon as you get bored of the one you're on.

Alternatively I could just attempt to shoot haly at night and we lynch nudull during the day. This might not work though as I'll likely be blocked again.

Yeah, that sure would suck. Of course, you wouldn't have to worry about being "blocked" if you hadn't pointlessly outed your role on D2 when nobody needed to know about it and you weren't in any danger!

Am I the only one who sees through this obvious stalling gambit? He's just going to keep having an excuse for why he's totally ineffective, hoping that by the time we figure it out there will be more pressing matters to deal with than a guy who's maybe lying about being a PR.

VOTE: freakinchair

First it was Verelios, then it was nudull, now it's Haly. It's not really "pressure" when it's clear that you'll just jump ship to another vote as soon as you get bored of the one you're on.

Yeah, that sure would suck. Of course, you wouldn't have to worry about being "blocked" if you hadn't pointlessly outed your role on D2 when nobody needed to know about it and you weren't in any danger!

Am I the only one who sees through this obvious stalling gambit? He's just going to keep having an excuse for why he's totally ineffective, hoping that by the time we figure it out there will be more pressing matters to deal with than a guy who's maybe lying about being a PR.

VOTE: freakinchair

Technically my first kill was effective at killing a confused townie. Or rather a townie caught in the crossfire that ended up being extremely suspect. I'm not really worried about being blocked, I encourage it actually because I'd rather have our more powerful roles active at night. I had a few points for outing myself and so far it's working - you can read my previous posts for more information. Pretty sure the consensus is that I'm town so you're post here is extremely weird.

Verelios

Technically my first kill was effective at killing a confused townie. Or rather a townie caught in the crossfire that ended up being extremely suspect. I'm not really worried about being blocked, I encourage it actually because I'd rather have our more powerful roles active at night. I had a few points for outing myself and so far it's working - you can read my previous posts for more information. Pretty sure the consensus is that I'm town so you're post here is extremely weird.
Huh, what? Ezekial was a confused townie? How come I didn't have much memory of him day 2? Seems like he was just being idle.

...I didn't mean it to have any relationship with what you're thinking about. I just found it jarring that Freakinchair's usually well written post had such a typo.

Im sorry - their is usually no way I'd make that kind of mistake and your correct to point it out. I hope that it doesnt change how this effects how people look at I.

Huh, what? Ezekial was a confused townie? How come I didn't have much memory of him day 2? Seems like he was just being idle.

You probably don't have much memory of him day 2 because I shot him in the head night 1. He was definitely not idle in day 1 though. :)

Not sure if sarcasm... ignore this post if it went over my head.

Kalor

So, you chose to offer no real reads, cared more about keeping friends than about helping town, and were ineffective at it besides?

I am still ready to vote you out just to reduce the noise. Trouble is, I can't quite tell if I think you're scum or if I'm purely irritated by you.

Flame_AC

Saying you were only seeking to make friends on Day 1 is a bit of a poor judgement call, especially when the day went as it did. Scum would love nothing more than to make some early game allies to echo their own arguments. Not enough on its own to say you're scum though.

Verelios

If other people didn't mention this I wouldn't have remembered or cared.
Kristoffer said:
Verelios pokes his head out from the shadows and tries not to start fights. You hiding something there, pal?.
Day 1 hypocrisy. How long have you been looking for sacrifices Kris? Damn, this is a scummy move. Vicious.

Flame_AC

Really nervous about this Johnny lynch that could happen. Would prefer Haly.

The latter!

Could you restate for me why you think Haly is the better choice today compared to JQK? Convince me basically. I think JQK is the right choice today if we're looking to out people likely to be Mensis.

Flame_AC

why would this be our priority?

I'm more certain that he is Mensis than I am of other's being Healing Church. Ideally, we'd knock out the Church first so then there's no night kills, but if we have a good opportunity then I say we take it, regardless of which type of scum they are.

Top Bottom