• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Danganronpa 3 Mafia |OT| Side: Scum

Ai7EgVN.png

The final battle between Hope and Despair is about to begin.

Trapped inside an old Hope's Peak campus on a remote island, the Future Foundation must participate in one last deadly game. They must find and eliminate the remnants of despair who have infiltrated their ranks to put an end to the killing games once and for all.

But they have more than just despair to contend with: Every participant in the game has been given a forbidden action, something which they must avoid doing under any circumstances* or else face immediate elimination

Player List:

1. Royal_Flush Died night 2
2. Bronx-Man Died day 3
3. *Splinter Died night 1
4. Sophia Died day 1
5. OceanicAir Died day 4
6. Terrabyte20xx Died day 1
7. StarSketch
8. nin1000 Died day 4
9. Natiko
10. Sorian
11. StanleyPalmtree Died night 4
12. Ty4on
13. AbsolutBro Died night 1
14. FluxWaveZ
15. Faddy Died night 1
16. kingkitty Died night 3
17. Karkador Died night 2
18. Blargonaut Died day 2

Sample Role PM:

Welcome, to the third and final battle between Hope and Despair.

You are a Reserve Course Student, and are aligned with the Future Foundation (This is town).

You're not special, you have no unique talents and the only reason you're here is due to budget cuts. You do however have the power to vote, that is, if anyone thinks you're worth listening to.

You win when all threats to town have been eliminated

Looking at your wrist, you see a bracelet displaying a message. Your forbidden action is having less posts than Sorian at any time

Fundamental:
1. All site-wide rules are also applicable here. Please do not tarnish this community.
2. Unless your role PM explicitly allows you to do otherwise, discussion about this game is strictly confined to this thread.
3. Unless your role PM explicitly allows you to do otherwise, do not quote or posts screen-shots of any PMs or posts that were not made in this thread. Obviously this is a grey area, but please try and play sportingly.
4. Within reason, you are allowed to lie about any game material or game-related conversations that could conceivably have appeared outside this thread [such as the content of role PMs or private chats allowed by a role]. If unsure whether a lie is reasonable, please ask the game-runner.
5. Do not refer or discuss to player activity in other forum threads or life in general beyond the game.
6. The player list includes the preferred personal pronoun of each player. Please try to use the correct pronoun.
7. Please be nice to your fellow players. Mafia can be a tense experience, and occasionally aggressive play is useful, but remember this is game and that everyone should have fun.

Activity and Deadlines:
8. Treat this game as a commitment. Remember that other players' fun is dependent on your participation; this game only works if you remain reasonably active.
9. If you do not post in this thread at least once per Day Phase period without prior permission, you will be sent a PM requesting you respond immediately (a "prod"). If you do not respond to a prod by the end of the following Night Phase, you will be replaced.
10. If you need an extended period of absence for some other issues in life, please notify the game-runner by PM in advance. Leave of up to one Day and Night Phase (five days) is possible.
11. If you expect to be unable to post for a period of 7 days, please notify the game-runner by PM so that you can be replaced in good time - we're sad to see you go, but other players need to be able to continue to play.
12. Each Day Phase will last 4 days. Day Phases officially begin when the game-runner notifies players in the game thread, and end exactly 96 hours later (by NeoGAF post time-stamps).
13. Each Night phase will last 3 days. Night Phases officially begin when the game-runner notifies players in the game thread, and end exactly 72 hours later (by NeoGAF post time-stamps).
14. If a Phase ends and the game-runner has not received an action PM from a player with a relevant action, then that Phase will end with that that player making no action.
15. In the event of a day ending with no player having a plurality of the votes, then the game will proceed to the next night phase with nobody lynched ("no-lynch").
16. If a replacement is needed, they may PM the game-runner once to request the Night Phase in which they join is extended by up to 2 days, to allow catch-up time.
17. Game-runners may change the length of Phases at their discretion. However, they will inform players at the start of the equivalent Phase before (i.e., if Day 7 is set to be shortened, players will be no later than the start of Day 6).

Voting, Lynching, and Death:
18. For your vote to count, it must be presented in the following format: VOTE: playername, via use of the highlight tag. It must also be in an entirely separate line from any other text.
19. To remove a vote from a player, you must present in the following format: UNVOTE: playername, via use of the highlight tag. It must also be in an entirely separate line from any other text. It is not necessary to unvote before casting new vote for a different player; unvoting is simply to remove a vote without casting a new one.
20. Players may use VOTE: No Lynch to end the Day Phase without a lynch ("No Lynch"). It must also be in an entirely separate line from any other text.
21. Misspelt votes will be accepted within reason; if the game-runner is unsure they will notify you and in the meanwhile discount the vote. Votes in broken tags will not count.
22. Once someone has received a strict majority (>50%) of the available votes, the day ends with the Lynch of that player or a No Lynch (whichever applies). Once this has happened, any further votes or unvotes that Phase will not be counted, and the Night Phase will begin shortly.
23. Some roles take place between the end of the Day Phase and the start of the Night Phase, so game-runners may allow a short period of time for this "Twilight Phase". Unless your role PM explicitly allows you to do otherwise, do not post during the Twilight Phase.
24. Once you are dead, you are dead: you may no longer discuss the game in ANY manner with ANY of the remaining players. Dead players may PM the game-runner one last message for the other players (a "Will"), which the game-runner will post on their behalf in the thread. The sole condition is that it contains NO game-relevant information, e.g. "Thanks guys for an excellent game!" is allowed, "My partner was John!" is not.

The Dead Thread:
25. To allow dead players to freely discuss the game with other dead players, a secret thread will be created.
27. The Dead Thread will also be made available to non-players, provided they have played in at least one GAF mafia game before in which they did not go inactive. These non-players will also be disbarred from the replacement list.

Other:
28. Outside of votes and explicit allowances made by role PMs, the use of the highlight tag is strictly the game-runner's prerogative. Do not use it.
29. You may not put any active players in this game on your ignore list. If you have an active player on your ignore list, please remove them. Obviously this is on the honor system, but please don't do it, or joke about doing it.
30. Do not edit your posts. If you are a repeat offender, a replacement will be sought.
31. Do not use the email tags to hide extra content in your posts.
32. A list of the votes so far (a "Vote Count") can be requested by contacting any game-runner or game-tutor.
33. Game-runners reserve the right to add, remove, or modify existing any rules at any point, and enforcement may be applied retroactively. However, all players will be informed of changes, and changes will be consistent across games.
34. In general, do not try and exploit loop-holes in the rules.
35. Completed GAF games are often read by people thinking of signing up in the future. As such, please keep your avatar spoiler free - it should not allude to your role or alignment.

Game Specific Rules:

Self Voting is allowed.

The game will use strict majority, so 50% of the votes + 1.

Day phases at the start will be 3 days, with 2 day night phases, these may be shortened as the player count decreases.

Do not post after the day end.

Vote counts will be handled by Royal_Flush's vote tool which can be found here (ctrl+r to refresh the cache).

For balance purposes, some forbidden actions will be removed when the game reaches MYLO/LYLO. You will be informed via PM if this applies to you.

Should a player die within the final hour of a day phase, the day will be extended by an extra hour.

If you are unsure about whether something will violate a forbidden action, PM a mod before posting.

Day Start/Ends:

Day 1 Start
Terrabyte20xx dies
Day 1 Ends
Day 2 Starts
Day 2 Ends
Day 3 Starts
Day 3 Ends
Day 4 Starts
Day 4 Ends
Day 5 Starts

Day Ends:

bla_1487883600.png

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion
They always say it's the final battle, then suddenly the same thing happens ten more times after that.

Sophia

Someone explain what Danganronpa to me is.

Is this anime (Japanese Animation) ?

It's a series of adventure/visual novels involving a group of people trapped in a specific location (usually a school) and forced to play some variant of Mafia for their lives and freedom.

Faddy

Banned
It's a series of adventure/visual novels involving a group of people trapped in a specific location (usually a school) and forced to play some variant of Mafia for their lives and freedom.

This was a trap. I already read the wiki and saw there is an anime.

Why did you lie Sophia?

Also my position is that Anime is bad.

Burbeting

Banned
This was a trap. I already read the wiki and saw there is an anime.

Why did you lie Sophia?

Also my position is that Anime is bad.

It's too late, mate. The dark void known as anime will suck you in now...

Please join anime mafia next season ;)

Faddy

Banned
I have only seen one good Anime.It was Full Metal Alchemist but then they went and ruined it with Brotherhood.

Even good Anime goes bad eventually.

Bronx-Man

Banned
I'm the Ultimate Navigator, you fucking weebs.

The map's right here.

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiight here. In the dark, damp crevice known as my ass.

Bowlie

Banned
Can I bet these 300 Monocoins I have in my pocket on one of you?

I thought this was the Danganronpa 3 thread coming back to haunt me.

Burbeting

Banned
Just my 2 cents: 2003 FMA is pretty good, but Brotherhood is the best anime I've watched still. And that's because... I think Brotherhood had a more well thought out plot that was clearly plotted out before even the first chapter of the manga was published.

2003 has some higher highs (especially in the first third), but also some lot lower lows (in the last third).

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion
Yep.

Also what if there was a slightly different type of Alchemy that doesn't make any sense and won't be explained.

Know what? It's clear we have extremely different opinions that will not be reconciled, so why don't we agree to disagree and move on.

Sawneeks

Banned
nAa

no Anime allowed

too sweet me, my dudes

Ne61zcG.gif

Bronx I hate to break it to you but...

Wrestling is the most anime thing besides real anime.

Convoluted plot lines? Check

Main character everyone hates? Check

Over the top intros? Check

You're just missing body pillows.

Top Bottom