• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Danganronpa 3 Mafia |OT| Side: Scum

Sorian is no more! He has ceased to be! 'E's expired and gone to meet 'is maker! 'E's a stiff! Bereft of life, 'e rests in peace! If you hadn't nailed 'im to the perch 'e'd be pushing up the daisies! 'Is metabolic processes are now 'istory! 'E's off the twig! 'E's kicked the bucket, 'e's shuffled off 'is mortal coil, run down the curtain and joined the bleedin' choir invisible!! THIS IS AN EX-Sorian!!

Sorian has died

Welcome, to the third and final battle between Hope and Despair.

You are the Ultimate Video Game Journalist. And are aligned with the Future Foundation (This is town).

You like writing about video games, so much so that you often have to dash off to cover a new breaking story, whether it involves making a pie chart, or writing a hot take on the latest Nintendo Switch rumours. As a result of this, you are often absent at night, working on your stories. Therefore you are an Odd Night Commuter.

You win when all threats to town have been eliminated

Looking at your wrist, you see a bracelet displaying a message. Your forbidden action is Not fully role claiming by the end of day 3.

And with that, despair need no longer fear the future foundation, they were in control now, and were free to spread despair across the world, or at least they would once they got off this island.

StarSketch and Ty4on have died

Bronx-Man, AbsolutBro, FluxWaveZ and Natiko have won

StarSketch:

You are the Ultimate Mastermind. And are aligned with the Future Foundation (This is town).

You’re the Ultimate Mastermind, the one behind all of this. Or at least you would be, if someone else hadn’t beaten you to it. You even had the rope prepared too… Since you’re not behind it all, you might as well help out town, and although you’re not responsible for the incident, you can still be very persuasive. Once, during the day phase, you may post to the thread the command Muhahahaha go my underlings, destroy <player>, to immediately override the current vote and lynch them.

Looking at your wrist, you see a bracelet displaying a message. Your forbidden action is Not using your power role by the end of day 3

Ty4on:

You are a Reserve Course Student, and are aligned with the Future Foundation (This is town).

You’re not special, you have no unique talents and the only reason you’re here is due to budget cuts. You do however have the power to vote, that is, if anyone thinks you’re worth listening to.

Looking at your wrist, you see a bracelet displaying a message. Your forbidden action is Voting during the final six hours of the day phase.

FluxWaveZ:

You are the Ultimate Mafioso. You are aligned with Despair (This is scum)

As the Ultimate Mafioso, you are naturally good at being in the Mafia. Unless you get lynched day one, but even if that happens, it was all part of the plan, right?

You have no additional talents, but you may perform your factions kill. PM me the command Kill <Player>. Only one kill command will be accepted.

You win when you equal or outnumber non-scum players

Looking at your wrist, you see a bracelet displaying a message. Your forbidden action is Having no votes on you at the end of the day. Self Voting is permitted.

Natiko:

You are the Store Santa. You are aligned with Despair (This is scum)

Ever since you were a kid, you’ve loved Santa. You idolised him, and when you grew up, you wanted to be him. Sadly that wasn’t possible, but a store santa was the next best thing, and at least you still get to give out presents to kids. You can also distract other players by handing out presents preventing them from using their night actions. Sadly you only bought four presents with you, so make them count.

To roleblock another player, PM me the command Give present <player>. You may not use this in addition to your faction kill unless you are the only surviving scum player. (This is a traditional roleblocker, and the player will not be informed of receiving a present).

You win when you equal or outnumber non-scum players

Looking at your wrist, you see a bracelet displaying a message. Your forbidden action is The entire scum team is still alive at the start of Day 4.

And so the killings came to an end. Nothing was really resolved, and by point, I doubt anyone really cares. As rescue ships finally appeared on the horizon however, movement was seen from beneath the rubble.
tumblr_inline_mradnnm99L1qz4rgp.png

“upupupupu, I hope you’re not forgetting about someone. Did you think this was over without the unmasking of the true mastermind.”

And on saying that, the head of the bear fell to the floor, revealing none other than an ordinary snail.

“Now I’m sure you’re all just waiting for me to explain the complexities of my machinations, and the grand future I have instore for all of…”

The survivors left the snail to its ramblings, and departed from the island without looking back.

The End.

Natiko

Banned
Well played everyone! Sorian started the day out with some real heat. Was getting a be concerned before we managed to flip it around. Thanks for running the game Crimson! And thanks to those that assisted along the way.

Ty4on

Scumputer was terrifying accurate. Looking back I noticed Sorian and Natiko were on many of the same wagons as well.

Kudos to Natiko.

You get nothing Ty, nothing at all.

(I just woke up in time to see my death, oh well)
;_;

I got to lynch you I guess :D

Well played to everyone, scum in particular, who going into the game I thought would have quite an uphill battle, especially with their forbidden actions, but they had a lot of luck in that regard day/night 1.

I feel like the game worked out surprisingly well. There was potential for a much worse night 1, but that was just about avoided, and we had a surprisingly balanced endgame. Full night actions are here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...NRfJiY6cVXUK6r3cgwCBJJ86Y/edit#gid=2058602319.

Any feedback is welcome.

Sorian

Banned
Meh, went into the last day with the game solved and put scum into an awkward spot even if someone couldn't realize that. Where did the claim that you missed me N1 come from? Obviously the only thing that threw a wrench in because I would have voted Natiko instead of Flux (which probably would have changed all of nothing).

FluxWaveZ

It is far more stressful playing as scum, that's for sure.

It's certainly different. My first time as scum from the outset, though I had been scum before. It's fun, though.

I guess I did a decent job to be active enough while also not raising too many alarms, which made people null read me or slightly lean scum for the most part. Sorian targeting me there took me off-guard.

*Splinter

I liked the idea of FAs, and liked how they counteract the roles. I didn't like how much they dominated discussion, but that was mostly town's fault - one improvement you mentioned in spec thread was to tell everyone at the start that FAs are like PRs, would have cut down on that speculative chatter.

I like the idea of a cop that can't claim, BUT claiming is also a big part of Mafia and I feel it was a bit intrusive to the base experience to not let Terra say anything. I would have solved this by giving him a day command to confirm his alignment (but not role). This might sound op BUT it's kind of what any cop can do by claiming, and he still has to work around giving his results without explicitly claiming them, which was the interesting part of the role.

Apart from that this was a reasonably entertaining game, gg all, gg scum.

Faddy

Banned
Meh, went into the last day with the game solved and put scum into an awkward spot even if someone couldn't realize that. Where did the claim that you missed me N1 come from? Obviously the only thing that threw a wrench in because I would have voted Natiko instead of Flux (which probably would have changed all of nothing).

I think you might have got another day with a Natiko lynch since it seemed like Ty was tunnelling you two pretty hard.

But then StarSketch gets killed and Ty4on kills you on the last day.

Natiko

Banned
Well we had a few ideas for my claim, but I went with that one because it seemed the most believable. I couldn't say I waited until N2 to check you if I activated D1 because it didn't line up as well with my reads and would seem odd. Instead I stuck with N1 with the idea that even though my claim contradicted your even night one that I could always argue I was roleblocked (not knowing then how being roleblocked would have actually worked). Basically I got lucky on a 50/50 gamble.

You've won your first games as neutral and scum. Jeez. >_>;

EDIT: AND you won your first game as town I think too (Quarantine Mafia) although you weren't alive at the end.

My first game as town was actually Zelda...RIP. But hey, I'll take the neutral and scum wins :p

Sorian

Banned
Well we had a few ideas for my claim, but I went with that one because it seemed the most believable. I couldn't say I waited until N2 to check you if I activated D1 because it didn't line up as well with my reads and would seem odd. Instead I stuck with N1 with the idea that even though my claim contradicted your even night one that I could always argue I was roleblocked (not knowing then how being roleblocked would have actually worked). Basically I got lucky on a 50/50 gamble.

My first game as town was actually Zelda...RIP. But hey, I'll take the neutral and scum wins :p

RIP, I would have slashed you out so fast if you had said you lost your shot investigating me N2. Damn.

Still, having a win as every faction is very impressive.

I remember when you won us the game in GAFia 2.5 after Kawl screwed up. :D

that was when i shot royal right? only i didnt actually shoot him, as i was only holding a banana, but the shock of thinking he got shot gave him a heart attack, and everyone threw a parade in honor of the banana.

prtty sure thats exactly how it went down

something something fruit vedor

I believed in you, Ty :(
I probably also would have voted Sorian

Short Feedback: I really like the FA, both idea and implementation. I might steal a variation of it at some point, maybe :p I'd be curious about rejected ideas.

I remember when you won us the game in GAFia 2.5 after Kawl screwed up. :D
*sigh*

Natiko

Banned
RIP, I would have slashed you out so fast if you had said you lost your shot investigating me N2. Damn.
Yeah, I made the claim expecting I may still die. We agreed to have Flux bus me instantly and hope he could convince Ty to kill you the following day if it came to that.

I believed in you, Ty :(
I probably also would have voted Sorian

Short Feedback: I really like the FA, both idea and implementation. I might steal a variation of it at some point, maybe :p I'd be curious about rejected ideas.

*sigh*

totally agree with this, the FA's were an awesome addition to the game, unlike many similar mechanics they struck a great balance of altering how we had to think about players actions and claims, but without ever becoming too great a focus, (we only lost a like a single day meaningless mechanic disccusion! not half the game like would usually be the norm)

Natiko

Banned
Yeah, I think the FAs were an interesting mechanic. The game didn't feel unbalanced from them either. Those fake claims provided on the scum side were pretty bad though Crimson, shame on you lol

Faddy

Banned
Yeah, I think the FAs were an interesting mechanic. The game didn't feel unbalanced from them either. Those fake claims provided on the scum side were pretty bad though Crimson, shame on you lol

Were they better than the fake claims I was given

Should you need to fake claim, the role names Ultimate Firefighter, Ultimate Cat Owner and Ultimate Designer are not in the game. Role names are not based on game characters, and and not alignment indicative.

Additionally, the forbidden actions "Having an active vote at the end of day 3 days in a row" and "Not fake claiming a role by day x" are not in the game.

Yeah, I kind of realised that earlier on, someone in scum chat came up with a much better one, but I didn't want to confirm or deny what was actually in the game.

I don't think they were all too unbelievable though, at least when compared to a few of the other vanilla town ones. Stanley's in particular was super easy to get around, since there was no limitation on not being honest about it.

The original version of this game had this:

FA: Winning.

It looked better in context!

As *Splinter said too, I should have given town a bit more information on how FA's worked and lined up to PR's, PR ones being obvious along with the possibility of someone being unable to claim (although nobody considered that possibility in the end) were supposed to be disincentives against a mass claim.

Natiko

Banned
Were they better than the fake claims I was given

Ultimate Movie Critic
Ultimate Athlete
Ultimate Caretaker
Ultimate Politician
Ultimate Driver

Additionally, here are some Forbidden Actions which are not in the game, should you need to claim one other than your own:

Name Claiming
Quoting [Player]
Not adding banana to the start of every post
Not witnessing pigs fly by the end of day 2
Turboing a player
Having a vote on someone other than the vote leader at EOD
Yeah, I kind of realised that earlier on, someone in scum chat came up with a much better one, but I didn't want to confirm or deny what was actually in the game.

I don't think they were all too unbelievable though, at least when compared to a few of the other vanilla town ones. Stanley's in particular was super easy to get around, since there was no limitation on not being honest about it.
Name claiming was the only viable one to use really. The turbo one was really similar to nin's. The rest are just bait for getting yourself lynched lol

Top Bottom