• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Danganronpa 3 Mafia |OT| Side: Scum

Sorian

Banned
Oh right, the scumputer, I still can't fathom why you bothered with that since I don't think I've seen your accusations line up with it at all.

Natiko

Banned
Is there a reason Natiko was posting and still hasn't said his FA?
Sorry, I guess I missed where you wanted me to claim. My FA is I cannot name claim. My role is Backup Alignment Cop. My PM told me I would be unable to take my spot until the right moment. After Terra died I received a PM telling me I had a one shot command to check someone's alignment. I checked Sorian's N1 and got no result. That's why I wasn't thoroughly convinced of his claim D2 but once he further claimed D3 it made more sense but at that point I didn't know if it was his role or being roleblocked. I didn't reveal since no result didn't actually tell us anything of use. I'm inclined to believe it's the latter seeing as what happened to Kark, but I really have no way of knowing.

Now to go back and respond to your other post. Going to take a moment as I'll have to do it on mobile and I have to find what all I'm quoting.

Don't start with the odds argument, that's not how mafia works, sure a townie shooting randomly right now that a 50/50 shot of getting mafia but the issue is that two other townies need to also agree. I'm not lynching in Star today and honestly, I'm probably not lynching on her tomorrow. Take that how you want, that's not my gamble.

Is it bad that my suspicion of Sorian went up a tick because of this?

Aka, trying to get town points by defending a suspicious townie?

Persona Mafia really messed with me it seems...

Ty4on

Sorry, I guess I missed where you wanted me to claim. My FA is I cannot name claim. My role is Backup Alignment Cop. My PM told me I would be unable to take my spot until the right moment. After Terra died I received a PM telling me I had a one shot command to check someone's alignment. I checked Sorian's N1 and got no result. That's why I wasn't thoroughly convinced of his claim D2 but once he further claimed D3 it made more sense but at that point I didn't know if it was his role or being roleblocked. I didn't reveal since no result didn't actually tell us anything of use. I'm inclined to believe it's the latter seeing as what happened to Kark, but I really have no way of knowing.

Now to go back and respond to your other post. Going to take a moment as I'll have to do it on mobile and I have to find what all I'm quoting.
Why did you say that you could claim your FA on D1?

Natiko

Banned
I know you could, I didn't misread. I was asking why you would claim your fa if people asked.
Because if enough people wanted me to claim then I would know it wasn't just scum pushing for it, I'm not going to adamantly refuse if everyone is wanting it. All it would have done is reveal I'm presumably not vanilla, but at least my role was less beneficial than a doctor or tracker.

Natiko

Banned
I think we should have Star use the override on either Blarg or Flux/OA. Blarg has been continuing to lie, ignores criticism, and further twists things to fit his narrative so clearly there is something amiss there. Flux/OA have the connection of their FAs and have each felt off at times. Flipping one will give us insight on the other and help clear up some questions.

I'm not against overriding Flux. He hasn't made much of an impact, but his posts lack solving on closer inspection.

I still think Star should have votes on her forcing her to override today.

Well Star I believe the general consensus is you should override on Blarg, kingkitty, or Flux. I'm fine with any of them though I think kingkitty would be my least preferred option since I don't think we gain as much info from it.

Flux is fine as well, that feels more info though, I don't see him as scum this time. He's not living his usual power fantasy, he revels in pulling the wool over people's eyes and he isn't engaged enough here for me to think he's scum going for a master plan.

Isn't Natiko pushing for OA or Flux pretty hard though?

I'm fine with either at this point. Blarg, Flux, and king kitty seem to be the preferred choices of everyone. I would rather we do Blarg or Flux as I think we're more likely to hit scum there.
You're right, there was no heat on Flux. He just had most of the more active posters telling Star to consider him for an override.

VOTE: Bronx-Man

Probably all symbolic but even I have to admit that I'm on nin for what amounts to shit activity. Not exactly a sterling read. At least Bronx has had enough sketchy behavior that I think something could be there. As I've already made clear, I'm not sold on Blarg.
Even you weren't paying attention to votes at the time and were under the impression Star was just going to do what she wanted, hence thinking your vote was "symbolic". Why are you now arguing my Blarg vote somehow swung anything? I would bet had I got into that lengthy argument with Blarg and NOT voted you'd still be here and instead would argue "oh he's scum that tried to distance himself from a lynch he knew wasn't scum".

You've essentially done a 180 and your argument as to why is weak. Especially if you just go look at the vote tally at the end of day 2. Sorian's argument is that on a day where the lynch was being decided by Star and not votes the entire scum team voted Blarg. That wouldn't even be an unnecessary gambit, it'd just be plain idiotic when it's day 2.

Sorian

Banned
Is it bad that my suspicion of Sorian went up a tick because of this?

Aka, trying to get town points by defending a suspicious townie?

Persona Mafia really messed with me it seems...

It's a bit late to be going for town points Star. If I was scum, I need one mislynch, it wouldn't actually matter who I went for. This argument doesn't make a lot of sense.

------

Well now I'm at an impasse, scum doesn't seem to have missed a kill and I'm hard pressed to think they had two roles that could actually get back "no result" since that's how AB would have worked unless he got his result and was allowed to post it before he died at the start of day 2 but that doesn't seem kosher. So Natiko had no issue cutting through the fact that I lied again today and odd night commuter is the right answer. Without AB, I doubt scum knows that so either he guessed or is telling the truth.

Sorian

Banned
You're right, there was no heat on Flux. He just had most of the more active posters telling Star to consider him for an override.

Even you weren't paying attention to votes at the time and were under the impression Star was just going to do what she wanted, hence thinking your vote was "symbolic". Why are you now arguing my Blarg vote somehow swung anything? I would bet had I got into that lengthy argument with Blarg and NOT voted you'd still be here and instead would argue "oh he's scum that tried to distance himself from a lynch he knew wasn't scum".

You've essentially done a 180 and your argument as to why is weak. Especially if you just go look at the vote tally at the end of day 2. Sorian's argument is that on a day where the lynch was being decided by Star and not votes the entire scum team voted Blarg. That wouldn't even be an unnecessary gambit, it'd just be plain idiotic when it's day 2.

In response to this though, the active posters telling Star to do something was all well and good, he was always the side dish option though. Read those quotes, no one really has him as their top, just that he would be a decent choice.

And no, I thought my vote was symbolic because I was on mobile and didn't have easy access to the vote count so I thought the vote difference between Blarg and Bronx was bigger. That coupled with Star leaning towards Blarg as her personal vote meant to me that Bronx had no chance. I didn't realize the vote was tied there until Crimson posted because I wasn't caring about a tie considering an override cuts through that anyway. It's easy to see now that you broke a tie there even if I didn't notice it in the moment, that's not a 180, that's being able to use hindsight.

Ty4on

Well now I'm at an impasse, scum doesn't seem to have missed a kill and I'm hard pressed to think they had two roles that could actually get back "no result" since that's how AB would have worked unless he got his result and was allowed to post it before he died at the start of day 2 but that doesn't seem kosher. So Natiko had no issue cutting through the fact that I lied again today and odd night commuter is the right answer. Without AB, I doubt scum knows that so either he guessed or is telling the truth.
Why did you lie again? Scum missing a kill just puts us in mylo if we hit scum.

Sorian

Banned
Why did you lie again? Scum missing a kill just puts us in mylo if we hit scum.

Because I have no idea what PRs are left on either side. Specifically, if scum has a conditional kill they can still get off (vote bomb being the main example), the hail mary of them missing one kill would still be worth it and I figured at this stage which night commuter I was didn't matter, I didn't think it was going to catch someone in the truth/lie.

Sorian

Banned
I was going to vote Natiko when I woke up and just throw this to the hounds so we could get somewhere (either an ended game or a clear cut one or the other or both of who is scum), but now Natiko sounds wrong too. One of us needs to bite the bullet though and make a vote. Trying to herd this all tomorrow an hour before deadline isn't going to work.

Ty4on

Because I have no idea what PRs are left on either side. Specifically, if scum has a conditional kill they can still get off (vote bomb being the main example), the hail mary of them missing one kill would still be worth it and I figured at this stage which night commuter I was didn't matter, I didn't think it was going to catch someone in the truth/lie.

Do you still read him as scum?

Sorian

Banned
Do you still read him as scum?

As a read? Yes. With what he claimed, I'm debating if it is even possible. I don't think scum has ever had a chance to target me with an ability that would get back a result while I was commuting. They'd need a role cop which sounds off when they had AB's role, a second kill that they just happened to use N1 and they lost on miss, or someone marking people but aside from Blarg, no mention of that. He could have also just missed that I claimed completely today and just chose one of the two but that seems wrong too because a scum Natiko knows I would have called that out anyway.

Ty4on

As a read? Yes. With what he claimed, I'm debating if it is even possible. I don't think scum has ever had a chance to target me with an ability that would get back a result while I was commuting. They'd need a role cop which sounds off when they had AB's role, a second kill that they just happened to use N1 and they lost on miss, or someone marking people but aside from Blarg, no mention of that. He could have also just missed that I claimed completely today and just chose one of the two but that seems wrong too because a scum Natiko knows I would have called that out anyway.

It's as if both of you are scum and he forgot which claim you did last.

Sorian

Banned

Uh huh, and he posted at 11 something my time and I woke up at 4. Where were all of you during the 5 hours pointing out the issue here. I feel like I could have safely stayed quiet and no one was going to notice anyway.

Ty4on

Uh huh, and he posted at 11 something my time and I woke up at 4. Where were all of you during the 5 hours pointing out the issue here. I feel like I could have safely stayed quiet and no one was going to notice anyway.

I didn't notice it. You were just commuter who changed nights in my head

Natiko's claim bothered me because he seemed open to claim his FA on D1 (which I wouldn't had I been a PR) and from how late it was. I also don't understand why he didn't claim yesterday.

Sorian

Banned

Natiko's claim bothered me because he seemed open to claim his FA on D1 (which I wouldn't had I been a PR) and from how late it was. I also don't understand why he didn't claim yesterday.

I don't understand the thought process behind thinking that FA is 100% linked to a PR. I'm also more confused on why this FA is an issue. The main alignment cop can't claim in any way but the back up just can't say their flavor role name? Why? Were we getting thrown a bone because Terra was so heavily penalized on his FA but Terra was still strong even without being able to claim directly if he had just lived a couple nights.

Ty4on

I don't understand the thought process behind thinking that FA is 100% linked to a PR. I'm also more confused on why this FA is an issue. The main alignment cop can't claim in any way but the back up just can't say their flavor role name? Why? Were we getting thrown a bone because Terra was so heavily penalized on his FA but Terra was still strong even without being able to claim directly if he had just lived a couple nights.

It would seem weird given ordinaries don't have unique role names.

As an ordinary it became pretty clear to me by D2 that ordinaries had random "can't vote X" or "can't post Y" while PRs had something more connected to their role. That's why I pushed against claiming FAs on D2 thinking it was like claiming ordinary. I feel like PRs would understand that on D1 hence why Splinter and Flush didn't talk about their FA. From the way Natiko seemed to suggest "I can claim my FA if you want to" it looked like he was ordinary to me.

Sorian

Banned
It would seem weird given ordinaries don't have unique role names.

As an ordinary it became pretty clear to me by D2 that ordinaries had random "can't vote X" or "can't post Y" while PRs had something more connected to their role. That's why I pushed against claiming FAs on D2 thinking it was like claiming ordinary. I feel like PRs would understand that on D1 hence why Splinter and Flush didn't talk about their FA. From the way Natiko seemed to suggest "I can claim my FA if you want to" it looked like he was ordinary to me.

I mean sure, but an ordinary could have just as easily not been able to name claim either. It's trolly without directly impacting anything.

Were you not bothered by me claiming my FA so early on? Though since you have the final story, it should be easily obvious why I didn't care.

Ty4on

I mean sure, but an ordinary could have just as easily not been able to name claim either. It's trolly without directly impacting anything.

Were you not bothered by me claiming my FA so early on? Though since you have the final story, it should be easily obvious why I didn't care.

Do you mean claiming D2 or today? I'm not sure I follow.

Ty4on

I am thinking of not lynching Star. If she's scum I would take the loss and complain about it in post game discussion :p

No seriously. There's an unwritten rule that overriders can't be scum. We've had one exception, Danganronpa 1 where we got a clear message from the moderator that the overrider was scum. If Star is scum, it feels like we're playing against the game design and not the scum/neutral players. I get it doesn't mess balance like a regular overrider, but we're playing in a meta where overriders act as confirmed townies.

FluxWaveZ

Er, alright, so I guess we possibly had another power role left? I don't understand why you're claiming this so late in the game when you supposedly already had investigation results that we could have used since D2. I also don't understand how your FA relates to your Power Role, since everyone else's seemed to relate in some way as a factor of balance.

I am thinking of not lynching Star. If she's scum I would take the loss and complain about it in post game discussion :p

No seriously. There's an unwritten rule that overriders can't be scum. We've had one exception, Danganronpa 1 where we got a clear message from the moderator that the overrider was scum. If Star is scum, it feels like we're playing against the game design and not the scum/neutral players. I get it doesn't mess balance like a regular overrider, but we're playing in a meta where overriders act as confirmed townies.

If Star is scum, it feels like we're playing against the game design and not the scum/neutral players. I get it doesn't mess balance like a regular overrider, but we're playing in a meta where overriders act as confirmed townies.

A "confirmed townie" by the name of "Ultimate Mastermind" who literally sends out her minions to kill someone in broad daylight.

Ty4on

A "confirmed townie" by the name of "Ultimate Mastermind" who literally sends out her minions to kill someone in broad daylight.

It could still be town. Our confirmed town PRs were ultimate Genius and Sniper while confirmed scum were Analyst and Cartographer.
The end of day fluff also didn't hint at scum either.
At the sound of that commanding voice, a voice ringing with authority that they couldn't help but follow, the future foundation turned as directed towards Blargonaut. As they attacked, beneath the screams and cries, another faint sound could be heard:

FluxWaveZ

It could still be town. Our confirmed town PRs were ultimate Genius and Sniper while confirmed scum were Analyst and Cartographer.
The end of day fluff also didn't hint at scum either.

I mean, spoilers, but Danganronpa 3 was all about the bad guys mind controlling the good guys into doing what they wanted.

And the "Ultimate Analyst" is the main antagonist of the series.

This is all flavor stuff, but it's also not something to dismiss.

Natiko

Banned
In response to this though, the active posters telling Star to do something was all well and good, he was always the side dish option though. Read those quotes, no one really has him as their top, just that he would be a decent choice.

And no, I thought my vote was symbolic because I was on mobile and didn't have easy access to the vote count so I thought the vote difference between Blarg and Bronx was bigger. That coupled with Star leaning towards Blarg as her personal vote meant to me that Bronx had no chance. I didn't realize the vote was tied there until Crimson posted because I wasn't caring about a tie considering an override cuts through that anyway. It's easy to see now that you broke a tie there even if I didn't notice it in the moment, that's not a 180, that's being able to use hindsight.
I still think the logic you were trying to build the argument on doesn't work as well in that situation. I put my vote down so it was clear I didn't like Blarg. I stand by my thought process behind it too. Blarg took things to a level that no longer seemed like Blarg just being Blarg. The way he attacked me and tried to spin the conversation to make it out like I was dragging his name through the mud seemed far too aggressive to just be part of a ploy anymore. Had Star said she was going with majority prior to that point or we had a strict rule in place that she would follow majority or be lynched the next day that'd be one thing, but as far as I knew she was just going to go with what she wanted. To me that seemed clear by the way she hadn't made a point to specify up to that point.

Except I specifically said it didn't match up with his most recent claim at the end.

Er, alright, so I guess we possibly had another power role left? I don't understand why you're claiming this so late in the game when you supposedly already had investigation results that we could have used since D2. I also don't understand how your FA relates to your Power Role, since everyone else's seemed to relate in some way as a factor of balance.

I had no reason to claim since it would just get me night killed. If I claimed my FA then I would be outed as a PR. Even if I revealed my role and that it was just a one shot scum would likely not trust that and would kill me anyways. Yes, I was willing to claim if a majority wanted me to since then I would know for sure it wasn't scum pushing so they could have full info in the absence of AB, but until a time in which a majority asked I felt comfortable sitting on the info. The only results I had to share were the lack thereof which only would have been worth revealing in the case of Sorian being considered for a lynch which thus far had not happened.

Ty4on

I mean, spoilers, but Danganronpa 3 was all about the bad guys mind controlling the good guys into doing what they wanted.

And the "Ultimate Analyst" is the main antagonist of the series.

This is all flavor stuff, but it's also not something to dismiss.

I haven't watched DR3, but I forgot about the Ultimate Analyst.

Natiko

Banned
Fun fact: I have not actually played any of the games yet. I own the first two though. I should probably do that some day.

Sorian

Banned
Except I specifically said it didn't match up with his most recent claim at the end.

Where? I'm not seeing it. I re-added the word end in that quote by the way, deleted to much on mobile and fuck cropping it again, sorry if that's not the exact quote.

Ty4on

Also don't ignore me Ty.
Sorry, had the post in a tab, but forgot to post it.

It was basically snark at it being perceived as a joke by everyone. I had honestly forgotten about it and remembered when you mentioned it.

Ehm, how much of Danganronpa have you played? I've played the first two myself.

Natiko

Banned
Where? I'm not seeing it. I re-added the word end in that quote by the way, deleted to much on mobile and fuck cropping it again, sorry if that's not the exact quote.
Sorry, I guess I missed where you wanted me to claim. My FA is I cannot name claim. My role is Backup Alignment Cop. My PM told me I would be unable to take my spot until the right moment. After Terra died I received a PM telling me I had a one shot command to check someone's alignment. I checked Sorian's N1 and got no result. That's why I wasn't thoroughly convinced of his claim D2 but once he further claimed D3 it made more sense but at that point I didn't know if it was his role or being roleblocked.I didn't reveal since no result didn't actually tell us anything of use. I'm inclined to believe it's the latter seeing as what happened to Kark, but I really have no way of knowing.
Well I guess you're right, at some point while typing the post I must have accidentally erased part of it. I had typed a sentence that said "either Sorian is lying or I was roleblocked". You can kind of tell from the last sentence where I appear to be choosing between two options that are not actually there. The downside of writing posts in bursts while at work. Either way the bolded section essentially gets the same point across.

Sorian

Banned
Sorry, had the post in a tab, but forgot to post it.

It was basically snark at it being perceived as a joke by everyone. I had honestly forgotten about it and remembered when you mentioned it.

Ehm, how much of Danganronpa have you played? I've played the first two myself.

I've played everything that's come out in English and seen the D3 anime.

Sorian

Banned
Well I guess you're right, at some point while typing the post I must have accidentally erased part of it. I had typed a sentence that said "either Sorian is lying or I was roleblocked". You can kind of tell from the last sentence where I appear to be choosing between two options that are not actually there. The downside of writing posts in bursts while at work. Either way the bolded section essentially gets the same point across.

That doesn't address my claim at the start of the day today which is what was being asked about though. I'm aware I went back and forth between d2 and D3 but we're trying to figure out why you ignored me stating definitely that I was even at the start of this day phase.

Natiko

Banned
That doesn't address my claim at the start of the day today which is what was being asked about though. I'm aware I went back and forth between d2 and D3 but we're trying to figure out why you ignored me stating definitely that I was even at the start of this day phase.
Because what happened is not impacted by what you claimed today. Lying does me no good, we need to hit running lynches on the scum team or we lose. So I revealed my FA and role and how I used my one shot regardless of the fact that it contradicted what you said today.

Natiko

Banned
We need to try and figure out what we're going to do. I'm not sure that we'll even all be on simultaneously at any point so we need to make some progress before it reaches day end. If even one of us that is town isn't here to put a vote down on scum we will lose. I still believe that to be myself, Sorian, and Star.

Star what are your thoughts currently? The only thing I recall from today is you being concerned about Sorian but that's about all.

We need to try and figure out what we're going to do. I'm not sure that we'll even all be on simultaneously at any point so we need to make some progress before it reaches day end. If even one of us that is town isn't here to put a vote down on scum we will lose. I still believe that to be myself, Sorian, and Star.

Star what are your thoughts currently? The only thing I recall from today is you being concerned about Sorian but that's about all.

What was the deal with you and that extended back and forth with Blarg again? I forget.

Natiko

Banned
What was the deal with you and that extended back and forth with Blarg again? I forget.

I pointed out Blarg's contradiction regarding his claim and what he does and doesn't copy (which you also noticed but were a bit slower in pointing out). Ty asked for further clarification on my point that Blarg was twisting things around to fit his own narrative so I provided that. Blarg took that and said I was attacking him and being defensive. I pointed out that didn't make any sense as I was just providing Ty with an answer and that he was again twisting things. I tried to ask him more questions about his contradictions and he outright refused to answer so I voted for him.

Some relevant posts (linked to preserve multi-quotes):
Post 1598
Post 1652
Post 1664
Post 1673
Post 1676
Post 1704
Post 1709
Post 1713
Post 1719

The crux of it all is post 1598 and post 1713. The in between is Blarg continually trying to twist the situation around and accusing me of being aggressive and defensive because I complied with Ty's request.

Sorian

Banned
We do need to get somewhere and unfortunately that takes someone walking out on a ledge so either this game is going to end quickly or we can deal with the last 18 or so hours knowing that either I am scum, Flux is scum or we are both scum. Fucking kudos to you for somehow messing with my head and getting me to backtrack not doing this to you Natiko.

VOTE: FluxwaveZ

FluxWaveZ

Well, I was going to try to pull a Persona as this day phase was going to approach its end by trying to vote for myself and immediately unvoting to catch scum, but that's not going to work anymore. The couple of minutes between those two posts was already hella risky.

What are you thinking, voting this early?

Sorian

Banned
Well, I was going to try to pull a Persona as this day phase was going to approach its end by trying to vote for myself and immediately unvoting to catch scum, but that's not going to work anymore. The couple of minutes between those two posts was already hella risky.

What are you thinking, voting this early?

We're more than halfway through the day, I don't feel bad about my vote in the least. Also trying to catch scum with that vote unvite Doesn't make much sense.

FluxWaveZ

We're more than halfway through the day, I don't feel bad about my vote in the least. Also trying to catch scum with that vote unvite Doesn't make much sense.

It would have, if you hadn't voted for me before I could self-vote near the end of the day phase. This is exactly how the scum team was discovered at the end of the Persona game, and it'd be better than navigating in the dark like you're obviously doing.

Tried attempting to salvage the situation by doing it anyways, thinking that your scummate could be active at the same time you are and that they'd try to end it now when they saw my post.

Sorian

Banned
It's clear you were the bus target for today, everyone has thrown shade at you, I highly doubt scum can turbo this vote. I would have rather gotten to the heart of the matter since we're just going to do this again tomorrow but whatever. I need more time to think anyway and this gives new material. Now the game is making sure town doesn't vote for me so don't worry, you're odds of winning are still decent.

Top Bottom