• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne: New Weapons & IGN Enemies and Minibosses

OMG Guys skip to 3:20 in the Nico Nico video. Have from implemented a way to stop Blood Vial Spamming?!?! This is amazing if true!

I don't understand why he lost health there. If you go back about one minute earlier, he uses two blood vials in quick succession and regains health from each of them. I wonder what that's all about.

This game looks so great. It's a shame I am incapable of playing souls games well.

Hope it turns out great for those who will play. Looking forward to watching some streams from experienced players

I don't understand why he lost health there. If you go back about one minute earlier, he uses two blood vials in quick succession and regains health from each of them. I wonder what that's all about.

Check my edit it seems to be a mechanic to sacrifice a bit of health for blood bullets. Perhaps the Player is really drawing blood out to convert into extra ammo.

The Souls games have always been about micromanagement, take and give gameplay

I understand, but this is different. It would be something like a weapon that causes lifegems or moongrass to instantly lower health for short term damage or something. I'm not aware of any consumables like that.

Imru’ al-Qays;152930132 said:
So early on in the Nico video he doesn't appear to use a bullet every time he fires his weapons - what's up with that?

Theres a mechanic that allows the player to sacrifice health in exchange for what seems like blood bullets. When the Gunblade is in shoot mode if you use a bloodvial a red counter appears below the normal ammo counter. As you shoot your gun the red counter decreases from 5.

Theres a mechanic that allows the player to sacrifice health in exchange for what seems like blood bullets. When the Gunblade is in shoot mode if you use a bloodvial a red counter appears below the normal ammo counter. As you shoot your gun the red counter decreases from 5.

Ahh, that's how that mechanic works. . .

Not sold on the utility of the gun component of the gunblade, though maybe with more bloodtinge the shots will do more damage. The rapier component seems fine though.

Imru’ al-Qays;152932451 said:
Ahh, that's how that mechanic works. . .

Not sold on the utility of the gun component of the gunblade, though maybe with more bloodtinge the shots will do more damage. The rapier component seems fine though.

Seems like the Blood Bullets do more damage as well. They hit for 39 damage points while the quicksilver bullets hit for 32 from the Gunblade. And the left handed gun hit for 32 with the Blood Bullets and 28 with quicksilver.
Seems to me like this is what guns scaling with blood is for! But I guess it can only be activated when there is a weapon that uses bullets is in your right hand.

I can't wait for people to be disappointed of the game because they already saw most of the game stuff from IGN and expected to be surprised.

Astral

I wonder if bows will return. I loved cheesing stuff with them, though it looks like Bloodborne isn't gonna stand for that shit.

'he's so close to death..but so am i"*drinks flask*..great, now i have a nice buffer*gets killed*

I popped 4 African and 2 Indonesian non sexual boners in my pants. Buying my Ps4 today.

I I fantasize about other people being sad, because I am a monster.

Good point Fake Fantasy Final.

In all seriousness, I think the reveals have been really quite small. Seeing snapshots of an area isn't the same as exploring its nooks and crannies and enjoying it in the flesh. I also feel confident that there is a lot they haven't shown.

Edit: The first 18 minutes are the same as the alpha area a bunch of us already played.

I can't wait for people to be disappointed of the game because they already saw most of the game stuff from IGN and expected to be surprised.

They've basically shown the equivalent of Firelink Shrine, Undead Burg, a few weapons, and 3-4 bosses. So like 3% of the game. Oh, and the character creator (could this even be considered a spoiler?) and one song recording...

tcrunch

I wonder if bows will return. I loved cheesing stuff with them, though it looks like Bloodborne isn't gonna stand for that shit.

They do have a rifle-looking thing but they haven't shown it in use yet (second part of gif is the flamethrower which was the guy's alt gun). Presumably you don't hip-fire it but can't say for sure right now.

PxKTuqO.gif

tcrunch

Character Creator, The first 18mins, The music, The gothic Environment, Story Trailer, Bosses-Enemies-Weapons

That is a lot if you ask me.

Those videos don't encompass every music, cc aspect, environment, story cutscene, boss and weapon in the game. Most of them re-feature things from the same 18-minute first segment of the game.

Shengar

Character Creator, The first 18mins, The music, The gothic Environment, Story Trailer, Bosses-Enemies-Weapons

Most of the stuff they shown mostly the same footage from what we've seen so far. it just small increment to those already revealed. Like the tall guy at the stair, I already saw him from a footage (albeit a glimpse), only his moves that really new. The only new enemy they shown here is just the scythe wielding lamp bearer.

Yeah, you're right. We've seen everything. Time to cancel my preorder.

I bet I could fill five pages of what is bound to be a thousand page wiki with all of this knowledge.

One environment + the hub has been shown, aside from what we've seen in the trailers prior. The areas of the first two bosses (Cleric Beast and Priest Gascoigne) are the same, just different levels of elevation. Think Upper Burg and Lower Burg, same area, just different levels.Story trailer is pretty normal. There's been one for every game....ever. Character creator I'll give you. I haven't watched that and I don't plan on it. First 18 minutes is an updated build of the alpha area.

They haven't shown much.

One environment + the hub has been shown, aside from what we've seen in the trailers prior. The areas of the first two bosses (Cleric Beast and Priest Gascoigne) is the same, just different levels of elevation. Think Upper Burg and Lower Burg, same area, just different levels.Story trailer is pretty normal. There's been one for every game....ever. Character creator I'll give you. I haven't watched that and I don't plan on it. First 18 minutes is an updated build of the alpha area.

They haven't shown much.

Yeah I agree with this. I really like the way they've done this preview series - doesn't feel at all spoiler-y to me, just a great tease. And continually showing everything off in the same area helps keep the mystery for all the things we aren't seeing

Astral

They do have a rifle-looking thing but they haven't shown it in use yet (second part of gif is the flamethrower which was the guy's alt gun). Presumably you don't hip-fire it but can't say for sure right now.

PxKTuqO.gif

Ooooh I didn't know the guns had alternate forms too.

Fine print on that page says "UK only."

Contemplating having one shipped to my UK relatives if they don't mind bringing it over when they visit for my wedding later this year...

That's for the preorder bonus on the Skelegram skin.

Terms and Conditions: UK ONLY. Limited Offer while stocks last. Customers who have previously preordered Bloodborne will also receive the bonus in-game Fedora Hat. Your download code and redemption instructions will be emailed before game's release, scheduled for 2015. Please Note: Internet Connection & access to PlayStation Network required. Bulk or Business preorders (orders in excess of 10 copies of the same game) will only receive 1x download code per order not per copy of the game.

Top Bottom