• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT3| I Cane, I Saw, I Conqu- YOU DIED

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not that far, but I've been noticing the same. I'm not killing bosses left and right just like that lol, but the game has definitely gotten easier. During the first two or three bosses I was constantly thinking that his is way, WAY harder than the Souls games, right now it feels like the easiest one.

Don't worry, the Chalice Dungeons have your back. They will disabuse you of this "easy" notion.

Near end game boss E
brietas
is the first time this game has made me mad as fuck. I mean seriously!!! What the hell do I do.

I've tried getting behind her and slashing at her stupid god damn tail but she's just so unpredictable and hurts you a million ways. Mostly one hit kills too. I'ma smash my controller soon.

That's where I am now, and not doing too badly until she's at 1/4th of her health and starts
firing one hit kill lasers :/

Meckaj

Neo Member
Earlier I read someone complaining about all the chalice dungeons being the same visually. Is this true? I kind of figured that all the different chalices (Pthumeria, Loran and so on) would have different kind of "zone" in which they appear.

Just got to those
snake people
thingies in the forest. Fuck those things so much! On top of that, i get completely lost in that area.

Virdix

So, is there a non-spoilery way to tell me exactly where the final boss of the game is and/or the point of no return so that I know how to avoid it and not accidentally make it to NG+?

Maybe a picture of the area RIGHT before it or something like that?
Everything was fine until the fire nation attacked. Vague enough?

Hystzen

Think worst thing I seen in this game so far is watching BSB slide into walls and through pillar during his lunge attack what a mess

Simzyy

I feel like there's been a few really frustrating bosses in bloodborne that didn't feel fair at all. I died a lot in DaS2 but even if it was because of bad hitboxes, well, I'm an MH player. I'm used to that. I just learn which attacks are janky. The only really stupid boss was ancient dragon and...yeah.

The funny thing is the bosses that people complain about a lot in this thread
(Rom, Shadows)
gave me no trouble at all and I easily one-shotted them. But it took me like 8 tries for cleric beast. It's just the boss archetype they keep using...giant monster with long arms, which flails its arms around constantly making it hard to get in there. And if you get touched you get combo'ed to death.

Which bosses did you find frustrating? The cleric beast was tough just because it's right at the start and everyone is getting used to new mechanics.

The ones you spoiler tagged I also found to be piss easy. In fact the only bosses which have taken me more than 3 attempts are
Paarl and Amelia

Vire

Im finding the Chalice Dungeons pretty boring actually. Everything is ridiculously easy I think because I'm level 92 since I waited to do the dungeons after I beat the game. Grinding to get blood rituals to access the later dungeons is pretty tedious.

Oh well, at least I got Spotify now for these dungeon runs. To Pimp a Butterfly all day.

Alchemist

I've made a huge mistake.

Minor spoiler:
Decided I wanted Eileen's amour because I'm bored of the Hunter Set and the fight did not go to plan. My attacks weren't even phasing her, so that exit is now a guaranteed death spot.

Soriku

Reposting since this is moving so fast.

So I am unable to find Eileen. I talked to her originally in the sewers before fighting any bosses but haven't seen her since. I have killed
Father G, BSB, Amelia
unlocked shortcuts in
Forbidden Woods and Hemwick Chanel Lane (or whatever its called)
. I went outside the front door (straight from the lamp) in the Cathedral ward
where you sent sane people for safety
and looked to the left but don't see her there (I have bought the 10k key and opened all gates, to my knowledge). I checked in front of the Grand Cathedral and also at the
Tomb of Oedon, where you fight Father G
but she isn't in any of those spots. I even went to her first location in the sewers but she isn't there either. Anyone have any ideas?

After I defeated BSB the lamp to Tomb of Oedon wasn't working, and I had to run there. Over there was a hunter who attacked me. Eileen was supposed to be there too, but I didn't see her at first. I ran to the ladder and climbed up, but not all the way. Eventually I see Eileen attack the hunter, then I helped her kill him.

Check the Tomb, although it might be too late.

Extra spoilers: according to the Wiki
she'll attack you at the Grand Cathedral later if you've messed up.

Near end game boss E
brietas
is the first time this game has made me mad as fuck. I mean seriously!!! What the hell do I do.

I've tried getting behind her and slashing at her stupid god damn tail but she's just so unpredictable and hurts you a million ways. Mostly one hit kills too. I'ma smash my controller soon.
I feel like I missed something with this boss. I got up on her and spammed charge attacks with the 2 handed axe, beat her 1 try

105.Will

Earlier I read someone complaining about all the chalice dungeons being the same visually. Is this true? I kind of figured that all the different chalices (Pthumeria, Loran and so on) would have different kind of "zone" in which they appear.

The dungeons usually get a different color pallet for every different chalice, and a few new areas.

-griffy-

Banned
So I've only beaten the first two bosses, but only after beating Father G did I find the girl and the music box. I have no idea what it does but I know I missed it. Should I make a new character to do this or just keep playing?

yami4ct

Just beat S
hadow of
Y
harnum
. I've been disappointed with how easy the bosses so far have been, but man that fight is so cool. That's the way you do
multiple bosses in the same arena
so much better than the crap way DS2 tried it. It really gets you to strategize and figure out how to take it down.
The transformation into snakes really surprised me the first time around, but I love how it makes you focus on getting each boss down instead of just killing each one in turn
. So much more fun and interesting than every other Bloodborne boss so far which have amounted to roll behind, hit and repeat.

SeanTSC

So what are thoughts on the best all-around armor (well, clothing I suppose) in the game? I've gotten several sets already, but nothing really seems to stand out as glaringly better. I like that. I just don't have the time to sit and compare all the stats. Anyone have a recommendation?

The Executioner, Cainhurst, and Hunter Sets are the closest to an all-rounder, general purpose set. Almost everything is situational. I've got every item in the game except for the couple ones that are only from Chalice Dungeons and here's my picks:

Highest Arcane Resist - Choir Set: 323
Highest Fire Resist - Charred Set + White Church Hat: 308
Highest Bolt Resist - Henryk's Set + Gold Ardeo: 323
Highest Poison Resist - White Church Set: 259 Slow
Highest Frenzy Resist - Ashen Set + Beak Mask: 168

You pretty much have to use Runes with the sets to get Poison & Frenzy Resist that's actually good. and Rapid Poison is almost never a concern, just Slow Poison.

Cainhurst Set (highest Physical & Blood Def, but low Blunt Def)
Physical: 269
Vs. Blunt: 168
Vs. Thrust: 237
Vs. Blood: 284
Arcane: 131
Fire: 186
Bolt: 105
S Poison: 195
Frenzy: 72

Hunter Set:
Physical: 244
Vs. Blunt: 244
Vs Thrust: 202
Vs Blood: 244
Arcane: 141
Fire: 252
Bolt: 185
S Poison: 148
Frenzy: 129

Executioner Set:
Physical: 211
Vs. Blunt: 261
Vs. Thrust: 237
Vs. Blood: 228
Arcane: 245
Fire: 219
Bolt: 244
S Poison: 228
Frenzy: 59

DukeBobby

So I've only beaten the first two bosses, but only after beating Father G did I find the girl and the music box. I have no idea what it does but I know I missed it. Should I make a new character to do this or just keep playing?

Keep playing. It's natural to miss things during your first playthrough.

Ferr986

I only did two types (Ptuhemu and the Tomb) and the art is the same, although the Tomb had some new areas and new mobs. They share a lot of areas though.

Dahbomb

Im finding the Chalice Dungeons pretty boring actually. Everything is ridiculously easy I think because I'm level 92 since I waited to do the dungeons after I beat the game. Grinding to get blood rituals to access the later dungeons is pretty tedious.

Oh well, at least I got Spotify now for these dungeon runs. To Pimp a Butterfly all day.
Don't worry the difficulty ramps up pretty quickly in Chalice dungeons.

Later on you will get one shotted by the traps.

Guevara

Just got to those
snake people
thingies in the forest. Fuck those things so much! On top of that, i get completely lost in that area.

I'm right here too. How awesome is it to see a From Software
forest
so rich in detail that you can actually get lost? This area is quietly the most impressive to me thus far.

Agram

Am I the only one who still uses starting weapon? I am on a NG+ and use Saw Cleaver +10 even though I have almost all other weapons. I frequently use Ludwig's Holy Blade +8, but Saw is my love.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I cannot get my bearings in thr Forbbiden Wood post shortcut at all. Found the boss once by accident and can't seem to get back there. Everything looks so samey here and it's huge.

Donos

Phew, found the
Lunarium
Key in B
yrgenworth
C
ollege
so the Forbidden Woods bug didn't hit me. Would like to help ppl more with SoY boss but i don't want to put more players in misery.

Hypron

Which dungeon are you up to? Because starting from the lower pthumeru dungeon they become far from incredibly easy. They do have some of the hardest bosses in the game too, and challenging normal enemies as well.

GavinGT

Banned

It's just there to make the boss easier.

Ferr986

Am I the only one who still uses starting weapon? I am on a NG+ and use Saw Cleaver +10 even though I have almost all other weapons. I frequently use Ludwig's Holy Blade +8, but Saw is my love.

Weapons being starter doesn't mean much, all weapons are viable in this game.

So blood gushes from your body and you just die but you can face giants and phantoms, brain suckers and giant man bugs but your sanity doesn't suffer then...? Nah, poor game mechanic but let's agree to disagree

I know to me those monsters are the scariest thing in the game. It isn't really mechanically that I care about that debuff, it's more how it works and what it represents in the world you are playing in. Having more insight reduces your resistance to frenzy. The implication is that the more you know and the harder you are trying to comprehend those things (or anything that is causing frenzy) the more you just can't handle the "truth" of it. It's a direct reference to the cosmic horror/eldritch abomination nature of what is going on, and how those are things that are suppose to be so alien that the human mind can't handle even looking at them.

As a mechanic, yeah its a god damn bitch and I lost 80k souls to the first of those crazy ass things that I came across.

Dynedom

Just started up the game. Pretty much a novice (did some Demon's Souls but only the very beginning and a few bosses. Never played Dark Souls).

Question: Is strafing dependent on your weapon?

I'm seeing so many bloodstains around and am wondering how people are dying to these early enemies, haha. I guess people don't abuse evade enough.

Donos

I cannot get my bearings in thr Forbbiden Wood post shortcut at all. Found the boss once by accident and can't seem to get back there. Everything looks so samey here and it's huge.

Do you have the first shortcut? (elevator)? If yes,
keep always to the right and you get there (you also find another shortcut that way)

If no to elevator,
shortcut is where a guy with a huge cannon is, in a small village. There is a house by the cannon where you get to activate the shortcut to the lamp)

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
One of my root chalice dungeon has a gem with blood attack up 12.3% plus 4.7 of blood attack, perfect for the bloodtinge pistol. If anyone wants the gem I could share the dungeon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom