• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT3| I Cane, I Saw, I Conqu- YOU DIED

Status
Not open for further replies.

CHC

Just started up the game. Pretty much a novice (did some Demon's Souls but only the very beginning and a few bosses. Never played Dark Souls).

Question: Is strafing dependent on your weapon?

I'm seeing so many bloodstains around and am wondering how people are dying to these early enemies, haha. I guess people don't abuse evade enough.

Not in this game. In the other Souls games the weight of your gear affects your dodge speed, but since Bloodborne doesn't really have "heavy armor" anymore, they just handwaved it and dodge speed is fixed. Early zones are always a bloodbath since people are learning what to do! You're just ahead of the curve I guess

KodaRuss

I love this game for a lot of things but the shortcuts really blew my mind a couple times specifically when I opened the shortcut/gate connecting
central yarnham by the clinic and the forbidden forest (swamp area- ie. Blightown light- litetown?). I was like woah where am I until I saw the ladder leading to the latern /mind blown

I have seven bosses down but this might be one of my favorite games of all time. Just get these loading times fixed From!

Mupod

Which bosses did you find frustrating? The cleric beast was tough just because it's right at the start and everyone is getting used to new mechanics.

The ones you spoiler tagged I also found to be piss easy. In fact the only bosses which have taken me more than 3 attempts are
Paarl and Amelia

Well I'm currently having trouble with the first of the two you posted. First time I've just completely given up fighting something and did chalice dungeons instead - I leveled up a bit and was gonna try again when I got home.

The second wasn't so bad because I think I just outgeared it. Ludwig R2 charge kept stunning it for a visceral attack. Still took two tries because of a bullshit wombo combo at 10%.

Nuszka

Go back to Nightmare Menios castle area.
If you have already put the lever and dropped the mother brain eyes, take the shortcut to where that white hunter was and go into the room with those black gnome enemies.
There is a cage in the middle of the room near the ledge that will take you to the abyss, and you will see the mother brain eyes.
Before killing her, do the gesture "Make Contact" to get the Moon 25% rune.
Then beat the shit out of her to get the string.

WTF missed it on my first playthrough. I know there will be more of those situations lol. This game just keeps on giving. Anyway this thread is impossible to fallow right now.

Jonboy

Haven't been following the thread too closely to avoid spoilers, but does anyone know the benefit of having a high insight? I see people posting really high amounts. I know anything 15 or higher results in harder enemies. Is it just for more challenge or is there a benefit to it?

yami4ct

Just got to those
snake people
thingies in the forest. Fuck those things so much! On top of that, i get completely lost in that area.

Those guys made life really hard for me at first, but then I figured out how to get around their relatively slow movements and stun lock them with the Kirkhammer. No clue what I'm going to do if/when they throw multiples, but I can take them one on one fairly easily.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Is there a point of no return? Can I clear out NoM without triggering some end state?

Rubenov

I've made a huge mistake.

I wasn't getting Blood Chunk drops to upgrade my weapons to +7 and beyond, so consumed all my Madman's Knowledge to get a lot of insight, in order to get better drops.

Turns out I just selected the "Very Hard" button. At only 61 Insight everything is way, way harder. Each enemy does a ton of damage, not to mention (
Giant fucking Amygdala spiders everywhere
).

Debating right now whether to keep going like this or spend all my Insight.

Is it possible to get the Blood
rock
with 99 insight on NG+? Or should I spend some to get my frenzy resist up?

Yeah, its possible. Easier way to get it would be to
go through the top path that you get from running into the window on the moving elevator. You have to fight like 4 of the smaller frenzy things on the way so bring sedatives and plan it out, but you will get to a lever that drops the mother brain and you can just get to the rock without any frenzy at all from it.

ogbg

Those guys made life really hard for me at first, but then I figured out how to get around their relatively slow movements and stun lock them with the Kirkhammer. No clue what I'm going to do if/when they throw multiples, but I can take them one on one fairly easily.

Whip
makes them trivial

Rubenov

Haven't been following the thread too closely to avoid spoilers, but does anyone know the benefit of having a high insight? I see people posting really high amounts. I know anything 15 or higher results in harder enemies. Is it just for more challenge or is there a benefit to it?

See my post above. My advice: Don't do it.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
What is a good way to farm blood stone shards?

Can I get more weapons before Father Gasciogne?

Afrodium

Banned
I'm doing a skill/arcane build with Blade of Mercy and just realized that Arcane also lets you use a bunch of sweet items that I thought were consumables. I could have been teleporting and shooting tentacles out of my arm this whole time!

zewone

I wasn't getting Blood Chunk drops to upgrade my weapons to +7 and beyond, so consumed all my Madman's Knowledge to get a lot of insight, in order to get better drops.

Turns out I just selected the "Very Hard" button. At only 61 Insight everything is way, way harder. Each enemy does a ton of damage, not to mention (
).

I thought it was 15 and over is the hardest it will be?

I'm at like 91 now.

Finalow

I don't think you get any benefits, you just have more Insight to use for co-op or for buying stuff at the shop. on the other hand, it just makes some (just a few) enemies harder but more importantly it makes you more vulnerable to frenzy.
so if you're running with 99 Insight be ready to be frenzy'ed.

After I defeated BSB the lamp to Tomb of Oedon wasn't working, and I had to run there. Over there was a hunter who attacked me. Eileen was supposed to be there too, but I didn't see her at first. I ran to the ladder and climbed up, but not all the way. Eventually I see Eileen attack the hunter, then I helped her kill him.

Check the Tomb, although it might be too late.

Extra spoilers: according to the Wiki
she'll attack you at the Grand Cathedral later if you've messed up.

Unfortunately that lamp is working for me :(. I even went there from Central Yharnam just to make sure. Yea I think I messed up so I guess that is how it is going to be haha. Thanks!

xCobalt

Is there a bug with visceral attacks? Sometimes it doesn't work and I get a regular attack. Happens after backstabs and parries.

Yshi

Neo Member

the game wont throw multiples at you, most of the time is only two or three but you can manage pretty easy, even the big ones,those are usually alone.

yami4ct

Is there a reason lore wise why your character revives at lanterns when you die? In Dark Souls it made sense because of the whole undead thing, but here you're human. Not really how that works in world.

Dynedom

Not in this game. In the other Souls games the weight of your gear affects your dodge speed, but since Bloodborne doesn't really have "heavy armor" anymore, they just handwaved it and dodge speed is fixed. Early zones are always a bloodbath since people are learning what to do! You're just ahead of the curve I guess

Perfect. Can't wait to hit my first boss (and die repeatedly).

GavinGT

Banned

No benefit of having high insight. Enemies are just easier when you're low on insight, because they figure you must be struggling if you've used most of your insight.

Maybesew

).

Insight doesn't affect item discovery, your arcane stat does

idonteven

final boss spoiler

so i am at ng++ atm and its kicking my ass,if i beatt gehman and the other boss comes to fight me,if i die do i need to fight both of them again or only the last one ?

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Do you have the first shortcut? (elevator)? If yes,
keep always to the right and you get there (you also find another shortcut that way)

If no to elevator,
shortcut is where a guy with a huge cannon is, in a small village. There is a house by the cannon where you get to activate the shortcut to the lamp)
Cool, thanks. I got both of those. Guess I just gotta keep on one path.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom