• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodstained ROTN:Child of Light

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I love this game, and the new character looks pretty cool.

Sequel when?

CamHostage

Good to see Child of Light has not been forgotten at Ubisoft. Would love to see a sequel, even if Ubisoft doesn't do it themselves (Ubisoft Montpellier could use a small-scale project like this as like a break from the impossible development road they've set out for themselves in BG&E2...)

Also, this looks like a fun crossover and fits somehow in Bloodstained.

Finished the game with Aurora. A shorter experience for sure but it was ok. The flying mechanic you unlock was fun, though you felt sometimes like you are cheesing the bosses by just hanging outside their reach.

Last edited:
I gotta replay this some time. Got it on a whim at launch because it was only $35 on Amazon, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. My wife still quotes Miriam saying “I’ll go with this” as an inside joke we have since she had to hear it so much. Speaking of hearing, it was good to hear Hayter again too even it was a little campy in delivery.

Probably one of my favorite 2D games in a while. Shame about the Switch version though.
yP0hbie.jpg

I gotta replay this some time. Got it on a whim at launch because it was only $35 on Amazon, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. My wife still quotes Miriam saying “I’ll go with this” as an inside joke we have since she had to hear it so much. Speaking of hearing, it was good to hear Hayter again too even it was a little campy in delivery.

Probably one of my favorite 2D games in a while. Shame about the Switch version though.
yP0hbie.jpg
Got it on a whim at launch, one of the best modern gaming experiences I ever had warts and all.

This just bums me out. Whenever I see this game, I think of SOTN for obvious reasons. So, when I see that this announcement and it is just some random character from a different IP being shoehorned into the exact same game I just wonder ... what is the point? I'd rather just have nothing and wait for a new game rather than a continual dragging on of the exact same one for years. Is this done to just keep an IP alive in the public's mind so they don't forget about it? SOTN was a great game, and I can't really imagine Konami, back in the day, releasing add-on disc for that game that would shove Solid Snake, Simon Belmont, or the guy from Contra into the game, just so people don't forget about it while they worked on the next Castlevania.

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?

yP0hbie.jpg
I have the game on Switch and finished it and never really had much problems. However I only played it on the Lite as it's the only Switch I have.

Top Bottom