• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloomberg: Destiny 2 The Final Shape Delayed to June 2024 - Marathon Delayed to 2025

Barakov

Gold Member
FKdJKqvX0Ao13XV

PlhLpGx.gif
Killzone is taller than Jim Ryan.

where do i go wide awake GIF

I don’t care for Destiny.
Marathon looks cool.
But also Im not sure why Bungie needed that many employees anyways.

Well they are working on multiple games or projects - more than most:

Destiny 2
Marathon
Matter
Destiny Mobile
At least one smaller, quirkier title.
Animated show (transmedia)

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Your post if this was XGS-related:

Another delay at PlayStation Studios? After already releasing only a single AAA game this year, the indefinite delay of TLoU online and now this... What is going on at PlayStation Studios?? 🤔🤔🤔
You figured all this out because I wasn't interested in playing Marathon?

Emily Osment Wow GIF by CBS

clarky

Gold Member
Officially confirmed.

TLDR: We are extending the season and bringing forward some shit activities you've played a thousand time to keep you busy. No thanks.

Also I almost pissed myself when they said PVP strike team. They fucked the PVP long ago in favor of the shit they could charge for after they went "FTP". Too little too late I'm afraid.

Wooxsvan

welp. this game seems to be on a pretty sustained downward trend. i suppose if final shape is good people will come back but who knows until we see it.

clarky

Gold Member
I still think the bungie acquisition was so pointless but sony wants the gaas money i guess 🤷‍♂️
Yup. If they where making a Destiny 3 and Marathon that was PlayStation/PC only then I could kind of understand it but as is I just don't see the value.

coffinbirth

So what is Sony's 1st party looking like in 2024 now? If rumors are true Wolverine is also getting pushed into 2025, this might be a pretty sparse year. Other than potentially some of those other GaaS titles, what am I forgetting?

Ronin_7

Banned
So what is Sony's 1st party looking like in 2024 now? If rumors are true Wolverine is also getting pushed into 2025, this might be a pretty sparse year. Other than potentially some of those other GaaS titles, what am I forgetting?
Hard to tell but from the top of my mind:

Helldivers 2
Concord
Rise of the Ronin
Stellar Blade
Destiny 2 Final Shape

Those are the only known SIE games that might hit in 2024.

coffinbirth

Helldivers 2
Concord
Rise of the Ronin
Stellar Blade
Destiny 2 Final Shape

Stellar Blade looks cool. Bayonetta-ish. Rise of Ronin looks pretty awesome, but I'm kinda over samurai games for the time being. Concord hasn't really shown anything but a teaser yet, right? Helldivers 2 has my interest as well. No real obvious bangers there, but enough to keep me occupied, I'm sure. Hopefully they announce some more PSVR2 stuff too.

Helldivers 2
Concord
Rise of the Ronin
Stellar Blade
Destiny 2 Final Shape

Tlou2 remaster, mlb. Theres exclusives like death stranding 2 and possibly silent hill 2 as well. Also Final Fantasy VII Rebirth.

These are only announced games. Just the first 2 months have tlou2 remaster, helldivers 2 and Ribirth.

I honestly don’t see how anyone could look at 2024 exclusive content and think it’s bad. It already looks better than 2023 by far.

Isnt there a God of War DLC to be announced?

It isn’t technically first party, but Death Stranding 2

Ogbert

D2 is so dead. Game is done.

I still love it to bits, but I have the exact same feeling as I did with WoW. An all pervading feeling of pointlessness. The same tired mechanics, aimless levelling and crappy random loot.

nial

Gold Member

Helldivers 2
Concord
Rise of the Ronin
Stellar Blade
Destiny 2 Final Shape

Maybe Convallaria, Lost Soul Aside and Death Stranding 2?

Last edited:

Trogdor1123

Gold Member
D2 is so dead. Game is done.

I still love it to bits, but I have the exact same feeling as I did with WoW. An all pervading feeling of pointlessness. The same tired mechanics, aimless levelling and crappy random loot.
It’s true. It’s just doing stuff to do stuff now, stretch out the story as much as can be monetized. The first two seasons following lightfall should have 100% been in the main game. They were deliberately moved to seasons to charge people more.

The medium is being as a way to force a spend rather than enticing people with quality products that we want to buy.

I wouldn’t say it’s dead though. Let’s see how this season goes today. I expect it to be the same crap though too. Christmas is fun though, love the cookies!

Top Bottom