• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blue Dragon 360 ltd bundle sells out in 5 mins!

GhaleonEB

rod said:
****in right! this sounds like a huge way to get 360 into jpn homes
No kidding. It also proves that with the right software, the 360 can actually move some units. I'm actually quite surprised.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Let's put it in perspective - it's a Japanese Xbox fan's Livejournal, but it's still brilliant news for Xbox in Japan.

Speevy

Banned
I would say the Xbox 360 is now bigger in Japan than the DS Lite, Brain Training, Nintendogs, Pokemon, and Dragon Quest combined.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
100,000? Not like... 10,000?

Wasn't the 360 doing well to move like 8K hardware units in an entire month?

Core407

Banned
Wow, impressive. I can definitely see the system picking up steam around the release of big titles.

The fact that the 360 is even cheaper in Japan than it is in the US and that the PS3 is open price might help out the system a lot.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Seems a biiiiit suspect.

That means that the 360, in greater quantity, sold out faster than the PS3 preorders...which I read took about 20 minutes.

Srider

Banned
Ummm..... did you really read the blog entry?

It says that he heard that somewhere on the net, they started preorders for the blue dragon bundle... he only heard that it was sold out in 5 mins, he didn't even put down a number, it could have been only 10 units for all we know.

It's a pretty far reach if you want to use this blog entry as proof that 360 is selling, we don't know if it's true, or which store, or even how many units....

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Y2Kevbug11 said:
Seems a biiiiit suspect.

That means that the 360, in greater quantity, sold out faster than the PS3 preorders...which I read took about 20 minutes.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It only took 5 minutes for edigi to sell out of their Blue Dragon 360 First Edition bundles last night

GhaleonEB

Y2Kevbug11 said:
Seems a biiiiit suspect.

It only took 5 minutes for edigi to sell out of their Blue Dragon 360 First Edition bundles last night.
isn't that only one retailer, or am I reading that wrong?

edit: stinkles!!!!!!!

Dante

Srider said:

It says that he heard that somewhere on the net, they started preorders for the blue dragon bundle... he only heard that it was sold out in 5 mins, he didn't even put down a number, it could have been only 10 units for all we know.

It's a pretty far reach if you want to use this blog entry as proof that 360 is selling, we don't know if it's true, or which store, or even how many units....

Shhhhhhh

Jonnyram

Srider said:
This is true. How many PS3s did Amazon sell in 30 minutes?

Not really... it sold out in 5 minutes. That's pretty fast, even if they only have 10.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
go go dirty gaijin xbox!! yayayay!!!!

Srider

Banned
Jonnyram said:
This is true. How many PS3s did Amazon sell in 30 minutes?

Not really... it sold out in 5 minutes. That's pretty fast, even if they only have 10.

Hahah yeah I guess... even if it's true.

Also, the thread title is hugely misleading.

There are the first limited run of the Blue Dragon Premium bundle, and the normal Blue Dragon Premium bundle.

A good search on rakuten, which is where i-degi is is linked from, shows that the normal Blue Dragon Premium bundle is not sold out at all.

Who knows how many of the first limited run is there.... 1000?

Drek

Srider said:

Let them have their fun man. Its good for the board as a whole.

kiUNiT

theREBELins said:
You're not being sarcastic like I wasn't amirite??

of course I was, do you think I'm some kind of MS fanass or something? The PS3 is going to kill the 360 in japan at least a 100 to 1 and I'm not joking.

kiUNiT said:
how many sold in that 5 mins 100:lol
OLOLOL I see what you did there :D :D :D :lol :lol :D :) :lol :lol :D :lol :) :) :D :) :lol :lol :lol :D :) :) :) :D :lol :lol :lol :lol :) :) :D :D :) :lol :D :lol :) :D :) :D :lol :lol :) :D :) :D :lol :lol :) :D :D :D :D :lol :lol :D :lol :D :lol :) :) :lol :D :lol :lol :)

Srider

Banned
Drek said:
Let them have their fun man. Its good for the board as a whole.

oh I read it again, yeah holy shit their server crashed because of the amount of preorders, 360 wins Japan.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Chris Remo said:
OLOLOL I see what you did there :D :D :D :lol :lol :D :) :lol :lol :D :lol :) :) :D :) :lol :lol :lol :D :) :) :) :D :lol :lol :lol :lol :) :) :D :D :) :lol :D :lol :) :D :) :D :lol :lol :) :D :) :D :lol :lol :) :D :D :D :D :lol :lol :D :lol :D :lol :) :) :lol :D :lol :lol :)

This is a wonderful array of color.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Well, at the very least, it is a pulse and at this point Microsoft will take what it can for Japan at this point.

Jonnyram

Srider said:
Also, the thread title is hugely misleading.
I know. My bad :p

There are the first limited run of the Blue Dragon Premium bundle, and the normal Blue Dragon Premium bundle.

A good search on rakuten, which is where i-degi is is linked from, shows that the normal Blue Dragon Premium bundle is not sold out at all.
That's why I said ltd bundle, and I tried to make it even more clear in the OP.

Who knows how many of the first limited run is there.... 1000?
100,000 bundles, 10% of which will include the faceplate. i.e. 10,000 faceplate bundles.

Top Bottom