• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blue Dragon 360 ltd bundle sells out in 5 mins!

Cdammen

Wow! I hope this will boost Microsofts sales in Japan. The sure need it.

The game looks ace and the music is great too. I wanna play it :(

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
nelsonroyale said:
the game will be the highest selling 360 game in japan...

in othernews johnnyram is by far one of the most biased poster on this board...but at least he is out on the streets rather than an armchair activist

peace

what? huh? come again?

Ikael

Even if it is 10.000, it is a a good sign because:

1- It prooves that Mistwalker is a very viable alternative to the each time less creative and risktaker Squarenix.

2- It destroys once for all the retarded argument of "Xbox doesn't sell in Japan cause Japs are racists!!11!!".

eso76

What ? blue dragon is out already in japan ?? or is it pre orders we're talking about ?
Sorry, i just woke up.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Ghost said:
I think Jonnyram & DCharlie must be interchangable in some peoples brains

well they are both ugly.... but there is nothing biased about them...

Ooh this is good to hear.

Also WTF at the trolling. Can't accept even the slightest good news from Japan.

"Dude I just heard somebody in Japan bought an X360."
"I'm going to hang myself."

Also nelsonroyale you're really pushing your luck.

duckroll

Here's the 2ch status update on net preorders so far:

Bic = closed
Sofmap = closed
Yodabashi = closed -> reopened -> closed again
Amazon = closed -> reopened (no first press goodies)
Edigi = closed
Seven Dream = closed

PhatSaqs

Banned
duckroll said:
Here's the 2ch status update on net preorders so far:

Bic = closed
Sofmap = closed
Yodabashi = closed -> reopened -> closed again
Amazon = closed -> reopened (no first press goodies)
Edigi = closed
Seven Dream = closed
closed = sold out?

jimbo

Banned
Does anyone know what the current LTD installed base is in Japan for the 360?

I guess if BD triples its installed base, the 360 going to be known as Blue Dragon Box in Japan like the Xbox was Halo Box here. At least for a year until Lost Odyssey comes out.

Matix

Seeing how BD looks to be the biggest Japanese 360 hit yet (which may even give this dying platform a 2nd chance in Japan... :lol :lol ), hows the hype going for other anticipated JPN-RPGs (Lost Odyssey, Cry-On, Infinite Undiscovery, Chopin's Rusty Balls, etc..) ?!

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Matix said:
Seeing how BD looks to be the biggest Japanese 360 hit yet (which may even give this dying platform a 2nd chance in Japan... :lol :lol ), hows the hype going for other anticipated JPN-RPGs (Lost Odyssey, Cry-On, Infinite Undiscovery, Chopin's Rusty Balls, etc..) ?!
According to a friend there, the Lost Odyssey buzz during the TGS was excellent. With the upcoming playable demo in Famitsu it should get a lot of (good?) press.
Trusty Bell got some good impressions too, but the hype level is much lower. Cry On and IU are too far away to generate any real hype.

Teasel said:

I'm actually looking forward to this. If Blue Dragon can sell a million then hopefully LO will follow suit. Then I get banned and everybody will be happy(except for some of the people in this thread. :) )

K_S

Banned
DOBERMAN INC said:
Camp M$J should have a little smile on there face at the moment, lets hope this continues and 360 can finally hit it big with Japan.

more like a sigh of relief

if blue dragon can't do anything for 360 in japan nothing can

jimbo

Banned
Morbid Angel said:
Around 150.000 I think.

Blue Dragon deffinitely needs to triple that number. If the 360 can at least get to 450-500,000 LTD, by the end of the year in Japan...and yes I am well aware of how massive a task that is.....then it may just be enough to keep good Japanese support going for at least a second generations of games on it. I know it sounds crazy but that's the only way I see MS making it in Japan. If games do have THAT type of an impact.

nelsonroyale said:
well okay, complete overstatement...but you do seem to pimp the 360 a hell of a lot and hate alot on some of the other consoles

peace
It's been my experience that johnnyram is one of the most well rounded posters on this board in terms of what he buys and plays.

K_S

Banned
Cloud Man said:
This is truly great news.

Now is the people trolling could understand that…

I was wondering the samething...

understand what? that it's great news for people caring about japanese 360 sales? yeah i think we all got that...

K_S said:
understand what? that it's great news for people caring about japanese 360 sales? yeah i think we all got that...
It's great news for those of us that care about japanese support for our 400$ consoles.

ethelred

Billy Rygar said:
It's great news for those of us that care about japanese support for our 400$ consoles.

No. It's great news for people who aren't blinded by console bias and want to see great games (and great game designers) succeed regardless of platform.

goldenpp72

the 360 isn't 400 dollars in japan, I beleive the premium launched at 350 and I think the core bundles are like 250 or so, right?

ethelred said:
No. It's great news for people who aren't blinded by console bias and want to see great games (and great game designers) succeed regardless of platform.
Well to be honest I don't know if this game is any good at all so I can't say that yet.

K_S

Banned
Billy Rygar said:

so if bd would sell say 200,000 the 360 would get more japanese support? i doubt that

ethelred said:

you've played all of bd? so how was it?

Top Bottom