• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blue Dragon 360 ltd bundle sells out in 5 mins!

UltimaKilo

Gold Member
Why is everyone shocked? Was not BD expected to push consoles in Japan? Wasen't that the point? The game better be awesome...

Troidal

kiUNiT said:
How long were the lines, was it cold outside was there security there?

Ah gee, I dunno man the place was crowded....maybe 2...wait, 3!
Including me and the security guard.

Srider

Banned
Jonnyram said:
I know. My bad :p

That's why I said ltd bundle, and I tried to make it even more clear in the OP.

100,000 bundles, 10% of which will include the faceplate. i.e. 10,000 faceplate bundles.

No big deal, no worries.

Anyways, looks like there will be about 10,000 more used 360's for sale a week after blue dragon is out.

xaosslug

I think this speaks more on the success of Sakaguchi's Mistwalker than X360... could SquareEnix have a challenger to their RPG legacy... :O

All along I have suspected that the 360 would outsell the Xbox 1 in Japan (due to the several JRPG). While still being a failure.

NinSoX

Banned
Wunderchu said:
it is slated for Dec. 7 ... but I personally wouldn't be surprized at a delay to late December..

I'm wondering why there are so few screens released if it's shipping so soon? If i'm wrong, could you direct me?

After all the jokes about Blue Dragon saving Japan for MS it seems to have really shaped up into a product that has actual potential to make some waves in a Dragon Quest-obsessed Japan. If this comes to pass, then Bravo! to Sakaguchi, Toriyama and MSJ, they have earned a small victory. Maybe more to come as well via Mistwalker.

phez

Banned
B00005YVUD.03.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

SpacLock

xaosslug said:
I think this speaks more on the success of Sakaguchi's Mistwalker than X360... could SquareEnix have a challenger to their RPG legacy... :O

That's what i'm saying. Congrats Mistwalker.

duckroll

Haha, such a deceptive thread. :lol

Seven Eleven is offering a better deal for this anyway, aside from the 3 bonuses (faceplate, calender, 5 mini-figures) they're also throwing in a figure of the airship for pre-orders. Doesn't seem sold out there at all.

Srider

Banned
duckroll said:

Seven Eleven is offering a better deal for this anyway, aside from the 3 bonuses (faceplate, calender, 5 mini-figures) they're also throwing in a figure of the airship for pre-orders. Doesn't seem sold out there at all.

This is quite a funny thread indeed.

duckroll said:

I think people are excited to hear any good news out of japan, regardless.

it not being sold out everywhere, is more reality, then anything else.

x Maiku x

If true..(good) sign of things to come. Limited bundle? what's the difference? I'll be in Japan when it comes out, and I'm gonna try to get one. Although I have no idea where I should buy it while there. If I can't I guess I'll just try play asia or whatever. are they still taking orders? I heard something about a bonus office calender? :D

jeremy1456

I remember nearly identical reports of sellouts when Dead or Alive Xtreme was released on the Xbox.

It sold around 30,000 total if I remember correctly.

Srider said:
No big deal, no worries.

Anyways, looks like there will be about 10,000 more used 360's for sale a week after blue dragon is out.

is there a reason you keep trolling? whats the deal?

im happy for blue dragon if its indeed selling well. I want more games like it on my 360.

lachesis

:lol Dang! They've must only made 5 sets of those bundles then.

Japan and X360 sell out? It seems like the end is nearer than I thought...:lol

icecream

Public Health Threat
jeremy1456 said:
I remember nearly identical reports of sellouts when Dead or Alive Xtreme was released on the Xbox.

It sold around 30,000 total if I remember correctly.
More like 60K at release, and then it went from there.

US sold 100K total though.

Teasel

well if math isn't an opinion this mean that the 360 already sold more than the ps3 in japan...
is the apocalypse coming?

hadareud

The Translator
Teasel said:
well if math isn't an opinion this mean that the 360 already sold more than the ps3 in japan...
is the apocalypse coming?
not only that, the ps3 will not outsell the 360 on launch
day

japan loves the 360

the game will be the highest selling 360 game in japan...

in othernews johnnyram is by far one of the most biased poster on this board...but at least he is out on the streets rather than an armchair activist

peace

Top Bottom