• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blue Dragon 360 ltd bundle sells out in 5 mins!

Nice team up (if true) with Nintendo to prevent Sony from leading next-gen hard ltd any week this year.

On a serious point of view (although the one above is true lol), Microsoft needs some success...they deserve to go past Xbox at least, they are really trying with the jRPG lineup.

EDIT: Forgot to add the victim for the first phrase...:lol

ronito

Kurosaki Ichigo said:
Nice team up (if true) with Nintendo to prevent from leading next-gen hard ltd any week this year.

On a serious point of view (although the one above is true lol), Microsoft needs some success...they deserve to go past Xbox at least, they are really trying with the jRPG lineup.
Yeah, jRPGs are a good thing for MS in japan, heck even in the states where people are tired of more and more Space Marine games. However, BD and Lost Odessy isn't really enough to keep everyone interested/convert the doubtful. You'll get a few, but if this is all they have to offer for the next few years, I don't think it'll be a rip roaring sucess.

K_S

Banned
Doom_Bringer said:
He is a Psyborg

because you cant not like ms as a console company without being a playstation fanboy! that's impossible

PepsimanVsJoe said:
Why are you so negative about anything X360 related?

what? you could check the viva pinata thread to begin with :lol

Uncle

K_S said:
so if bd would sell say 200,000 the 360 would get more japanese support? i doubt that

If Blue Dragon were to double (or how many of them are there) the X360's installed base in Japan, MS would most likely use even more cash to get more japanese support.

Edit: oh, you got banned already. Oh well.

clashfan

K_S said:
because you cant not like ms as a console company without being a playstation fanboy! that's impossible

What does it matter to you how well the xbox does? Nobody is forcing you to buy it or pay attention to it. Strange...

DCharlie

Banned
the 360 isn't 400 dollars in japan, I beleive the premium launched at 350 and I think the core bundles are like 250 or so, right?

YES! the X360 is amazingly cheap here !

$250 for the pack !

Subtract the price of the bundled game, and we are talking a $185 console!

Darrien A ... i'm joking ;)

Tony HoTT

Banned
Hopefully this game is a success. I mean Japan loves Toriyama, RPGs, and Sakagoochy so shit it deserves a lot of sales!

The word just needs to get out over there. If people know these games exist they'll buy it I'm sure. Plus if other japanese devs see good software sales for it it they'll be more obligated to develop for Xbox 360.

Really I just want a Xbox 360. Kinda more than a PS3 at this point. It's just the japanese software support isn't there and it would be about damn time for Microsoft to actually get a hit game over there.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
GhaleonEB said:
it comes out in december. this is just the pre-orders for the 360 hardware bundled with blue dragon.

Ah, I see. I knew it couldn't have been out since we hardly had any impressions...

GreekWolf

K_S said:
Aren't you the guy who went completely fanboy ape-shit in the Sony TGS thread and asked Ken to make you cum?

Yeah, I thought so. :lol

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
GreekWolf said:
Aren't you the guy who went completely fanboy ape-shit in the Sony TGS thread and asked Ken to make you cum?

Yeah, I thought so. :lol

:lol :lol :lol that's sounds really cool.

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
Dr. Kitty Muffins said:
Not a bad idea.......
Its such a simple concept too and it took MS six years to get down. If they keep the ball rolling they'll actually be in third place there instead of non-existant.

Piper Az

Jonnyram said:
It only took 5 minutes for edigi to sell out of their Blue Dragon 360 First Edition bundles last night. Also, there's 100,000 of these first run Blue Dragon bundles planned.

360 sold out in Japan... lolz.

Source:
http://blog.livedoor.jp/widappy/archives/51217696.html

Hey Jonny,

I've been reading some back-logs of the page that you hyperlinked, and it was interesting to read some of Japanese 360 owners' mindset. A few interesting tidbits:

- somebody linked GAF(!), saying that foreigners maybe misunderstading the sellout of 10K Blue Dragon bundle in 5 min as 10K units every 5 min. I was surprised to see GAF, referenced.

- there's definitely some anxiety in Japanese 360 fans when it comes to localization of games. It's somewhat similar to GAFfer praying that some Japanese titles get localized here, but since most of MS 1st party games are "foreign" to them, every game may have a tag of "will it be localized or not?" (e.g. Halo Wars)

- some folks comparing the price of 360 and PS3, saying that the difference isn't too great for people to choose 360 over PS3

- people were definitely more interested in Japanese games like Blue Dragon and Super Robot Wars, not Forza 2, etc.

Overall, pretty interesting.:)

AAK

Wow, if MS keeps this up, MS might really share a large portion of the market w/ Sony and Nintendo in Japan.

I think this is great news. Once some other Japanese third parties see the sales pouring in they too will start to develop for the X360 as well.

A successful day for gaming in general.

DCharlie

Banned
some folks comparing the price of 360 and PS3, saying that the difference isn't too great for people to choose 360 over PS3

29800 (with a game) vs 49800 is the entry price - that's a fairly large difference, there are a miriad of factors that would tilt in favour of the PS3 for the japanese crowd but on the surface there is (or will be) a 20,000 yen difference between the entry price.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
ronito said:
Yeah, jRPGs are a good thing for MS in japan, heck even in the states where people are tired of more and more Space Marine games. However, BD and Lost Odessy isn't really enough to keep everyone interested/convert the doubtful. You'll get a few, but if this is all they have to offer for the next few years, I don't think it'll be a rip roaring sucess.

Blue Dragon is number five on the Famitsu readers' most wanted list. That's pretty impressive!

Wunderchu

Piper Az said:
Hey Jonny,

I've been reading some back-logs of the page that you hyperlinked, and it was interesting to read some of Japanese 360 owners' mindset. A few interesting tidbits:

- somebody linked GAF(!), saying that foreigners maybe misunderstading the sellout of 10K Blue Dragon bundle in 5 min as 10K units every 5 min. I was surprised to see GAF, referenced.

- there's definitely some anxiety in Japanese 360 fans when it comes to localization of games. It's somewhat similar to GAFfer praying that some Japanese titles get localized here, but since most of MS 1st party games are "foreign" to them, every game may have a tag of "will it be localized or not?" (e.g. Halo Wars)

- some folks comparing the price of 360 and PS3, saying that the difference isn't too great for people to choose 360 over PS3

- people were definitely more interested in Japanese games like Blue Dragon and Super Robot Wars, not Forza 2, etc.

Overall, pretty interesting.:)
hmm.. that is interesting, thanx for the heads up :)

Lyte Edge said:
Blue Dragon is number five on the Famitsu readers' most wanted list. That's pretty impressive!
I agree :)

open_mouth_

insert_foot_
if these are the only kind of 360's selling in Japan, why not make more than 100k of them? Make ALL of them bundled with Blue Dragon. Come on MS, wake up! :D

open_mouth_ said:
if these are the only kind of 360's selling in Japan, why not make more than 100k of them? Make ALL of them bundled with Blue Dragon. Come on MS, wake up! :D
I'm certain that MS will figure that out eventually. :D

duckroll

open_mouth_ said:

They're not selling out the 100k shipment anytime soon since it doesn't even SHIP until Dec. :lol

What's "selling out" are the preorders that include bonuses. These are limited, and have to be limited for them to be worth anything. When the preorders for the first press are closed, it means that store has sold out it's allocation of the first press. See when you order XX units, a certain percentage of your order will be "first press" and include goodies, this is what preorders are for - to ensure the customer gets those goodies.

WarLox

have the preorders for DOAEX2 started yet ? ... wasn't that the highest selling xbox game in JP (doaex1) ??

I say the combo of BD and DOA should help MS how fairly well in JP

:)

Top Bottom