• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blue Dragon (Xbox360) |OT|

Wunderchu

LJ11 said:
EBGames has the game as January release.
AFAIK, that date is their unnofficial guess... I do very vaguely remember a January release for NA being rumoured (but the last time I read/heard this rumour was a very long time ago).. so, I may be wrong, and in any case the rumour may have been false... but, ya, as Blimblim states, no official release date has been announced for anywhere outside of Japan, ATM

duckroll

Blimblim said:
Don't forget Romi Park. She voiced Edward Elric in FMA, also Nana Oosaki in Nana. She also did Kameo's voice for the japanese version of the game :)
Edit: Hmm, looks like Duckroll did not list the same seiyuu for Shu's voice.

I told you the original list was guesswork! :( It appears that it was someone else in the end. The official seiyuu list was revealed in Famitsu last week. We got most of the seiyuu right! :lol

Blimblim

The Inside Track
duckroll said:
I told you the original list was guesswork! :( It appears that it was someone else in the end. The official seiyuu list was revealed in Famitsu last week. We got most of the seiyuu right! :lol
Ho ok. Thanks for the info!
Inoue Marina was very good in Le Portrait de Petit Cossette anyway.

MMaRsu

Banned
- Enemies can been seen on the screen, there are no random encounters

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS I'm playing Dragonquest 8 right now and it's just ****ing annoying as hell!

Thank god! :) :) :) :) :)

Captain N

バックアタック成功(初) 5
バックアタックを成功してください。

バックアタック100回達成 30
バックアタックを100回成功してください。

同時エンカウント成功(初) 5
同時エンカウントを成功してください。

同時エンカウント・10パーティー超え 30
10パーティ以上を同時エンカウントして、モンスターを全て倒してください。

モンスターズファイト100回発生 30
モンスターズファイトを100回発生させてください。

レアモンスター「王様ウンチくん」討伐 30
どこかにいる王様ウンチくんを倒してください。

レアモンスター「ゴールデンウンチスネーク」討伐 30
どこかにいるゴールデンウンチスネークを倒してください。

レアモンスター「ゴールドメカロボ」討伐 30
どこかにいるゴールドメカロボを倒してください。

メカットシューティング・ST1・パーフェクト 30
メカットシューティングをノーダメージでクリアしてください。

馬車護衛・パーフェクト 30
馬車護衛をノーダメージでクリアしてください。

ドラゴン・カテゴリー1つランクMAX 30
ドラゴンのカテゴリーの何か1つをランクMAXにしてください。(最後は自力で)

ミノタウロス・カテゴリー1つランクMAX 30
ミノタウロスのカテゴリーの何か1つをランクMAXにしてください。 (最後は自力で)

フェニックス・カテゴリー1つランクMAX 30
フェニックスのカテゴリーの何か1つをランクMAXにしてください。(最後は自力で)

ドラゴン・全カテゴリーランクMAX 50
ドラゴンの全カテゴリーのランクをMAXにしてください。(最後は自力で)

ミノタウロス・全カテゴリーランクMAX 50
ミノタウロスの全カテゴリーのランクをMAXにしてください。(最後は自力で?

フェニックス・全カテゴリーランクMAX 50
フェニックスの全カテゴリーのランクをMAXにしてください。(最後は自力で)

全キャラクターレベルMAX 50
全キャラクターのレベルを99にしてください。

レアアイテム「最終兵器の腕輪」入手 10
どこかにあるレアアイテム「最終兵器の腕輪」を入手してください。

レアアイテム「最終戦争の首飾り」入手 10
どこかにあるレアアイテム「最終戦争の首飾り」を入手してください。

レアアイテム「ドラゴンの腕輪」入手 10
どこかにあるレアアイテム「ドラゴンの腕輪」を入手してください。

全ワープクリップセット 25
ワープモニュメントを全て起動してください。

全バリア解除 25
バリアを全て解除してください。

モンスター図鑑コンプリート 25
モンスター図鑑を全て埋めてください。

アイテム図鑑コンプリート 25
アイテム図鑑を全て埋めてください。

1,000,000ゴールド貯めた 25
1,000,000ゴールドを貯めてください。

Can anyone translate these achievements for me? I'm importing this bad boy.

Piper Az

Shapingo said:
If Dragon Quest 9 and Final Fantasy XIII were 360 exclusives.........then maybe Sony would be in trouble in Japan.

But if Sony announces DQ9 as exclusive when BD hits that cancels some of Blue Dragons hype

I suspect that such move by Square/Enix or Sony would not please Akira Toriyama (assuming that He's still the artist for the Dragon Quest series).

IJoel

I'd import the bundle if the game had english subs. Foolish MS should find ways to inflate the sales numbers by doing things like this.

phez

Banned
IIRC, MS mentioned the localisation of Lost Odyessy at the X06 conference, in that it will be translated into languages for all 360 regions. Perhaps the same is occuring with Blue Dragon?

dirtmonkey37

flinging feces ---->
Can't wait for BD. It's going to be great.

The non-random-battle system seems really well done. In one of those videos released by the site, Shu was like throwing bombs and wacking other characters before a turn based battle even began! Reminds me of Paper Mario.

bloke

duckroll said:
Oh man, Obata's Blue Dragon manga is really pervy! It's not even safe for GAF! :lol
Hm, it's not that bad, just bit ecchi, though Shonen Jump doesn't feature much of ecchi manga atm, just Mx0 I think...anyway, hope scanlations will come soon, meganeko girl is kinda... cute :D

slaughterking said:
How do you know? Are there any samples?
rape time

ghibli99

Nice thread, duckroll! I fell off the Blue Dragon bandwagon a while back for some reason, but checking out the media has me excited about this game once again. I really like those 720p images. Game looks really clean!

ShutEye

Oh baby baby baby baby ...

I'll be playing this on Christmas day. I'm going to co-opt my girlfriend into translating the most meaningful aspects of the story and make the rest up as I go along. It worked for FF7 and it'll work for this game.

WOOHOO!

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
GONZO said:
Is this region Free? Does anyone know?
Doubtful.

I'd like to play it myself, but unless a region free Asian verison shows up or something, there's no chance of that happening. I've been waiting for a proper next-gen RPG...

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Wow... really nice work being put into selling this game in Japan, with the packaging for the 360 console + game package, the soundtrack, the TWO mangas (in Jump! no less, Blue Dragon in the next Jump fighter on DS? :)) among other things...

Not to mention the game looks simply gorgeous... so gorgeous that I think I may buy my first JRPG in over a decade, and my second JRPG period...

Oh, and that version of the manga looks pretty niiiiiiiiiiice... :)

scarybore

Orlics said:
Here's a bigger sample of the manga. I'll make it a link since the pic is quite large.

http://img252.imageshack.us/img252/8370/1164726024332xq6.jpg

OMGWTFFTW!

I quite like how BD is getting manga based on it but it really is pretty weird without Toriyama's art style, which is odd because by and large I hate his art. Very strange seeing what looks like a drunken L from Death Note ripping off some lady's very nice top. Very nice top...

Hopefully the game is good too :)

duckroll

Here are some scans from Obata's Blue Dragon Ral Grado manga.

WARNING THE FOLLOWING CONTENT MIGHT NOT BE SAFE FOR WORK

Pages 31-36

Page 56

As you can see, the pages available at the moment are all of the perv type. Considering the chapter is 58 pages, I expect there to be action sequences and scenes with the actual goddamn dragon in it. Unfortunately we'll just have to see a naked L with tattoos all over molest a big boobed meganeko for now. ^^;

Blimblim

The Inside Track
duckroll said:

As you can see, the pages available at the moment are all of the perv type. Considering the chapter is 58 pages, I expect there to be action sequences and scenes with the actual goddamn dragon in it. Unfortunately we'll just have to see a naked L with tattoos all over molest a big boobed meganeko for now. ^^;
Hahaha, that was... unexpected :D

duckroll said:

Please give a rough summary of the dialogue. :D

Junpei Heat

Heh Woah,While I should be updating the JUS thread,ima take a stab at translating some of the pages.

Page 32:

Guards:Wh..What!
Chick:Wait!This child dosnt know what he's doing is wrong
Chick:Leave this to me
Child:This is?
Chick:Their breasts
Chick:Such a thing,by any means I'll teach you(I totally ****ed up this line :lol )

thirty

Banned
Staff:
- Produced, written, designed and supervised by Hironobu Sakaguchi (Final Fantasy, Chrono Trigger)
- Character designs by Akira Toriyama (DBZ, Chrono Trigger)
- Music composed by Nobuo Uematsu (Final Fantay)
- Directed by Takuya Matsumoto (Nights, Blinx)
- World designed by Manabu Kusonki (Panzer Dragoon)

that is a pretty darn impressive staff, now i'm seriously interested.

duckroll said:

The heck? I thought this wasn't going to be out till sometime in december.

Junpei Heat

Page 33:

It seems her name may be Mio and the kid's name is Ral...

Ral:Mio,your softness feels good,smells good
Ral:This is? (Going near the vagina)
Guards:Id..Idiot! STOP!
Ral:Stop..?But this feels amazingly good though
Mio:Ral You arent mistaken,boys and girls find love and then wholesomeness(?:lol )
th...that's right mother's even humans as well.This type touching dosnt always happen,it's dirty(?)....I'm fine tho.
Mio:But this a kind of thing isnt done in front of people
Ral:What?

Page 34:

Mio:people can see me naked,men and women join together and embrace each other.It's embarrassing tho.
Ral:I've always been naked,is this embarrassing?

More soon....I guess if requested and yes i know my japanese isnt very good :lol

reriel

duckroll said:
Staff:
- Produced, written, designed and supervised by Hironobu Sakaguchi (Final Fantasy, Chrono Trigger)
- Character designs by Akira Toriyama (DBZ, Chrono Trigger)
- Music composed by Nobuo Uematsu (Final Fantay)
- Directed by Takuya Matsumoto (Nights, Blinx)
- World designed by Manabu Kusonki (Panzer Dragoon)

you forget cg movies by studio robot.

Top Bottom