• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blue Dragon (Xbox360) |OT|

duckroll said:
Yeah, but at the moment he's most famous for the recently completed Death Note, since the second live action movie is running in Japan now and the anime series is running on TV now. Ral Grado shares many design similarities with his more gothic Death Note designs, but he has MUCH more liberty here since its a pure fantasy manga. There's some pretty cool stuff. :D

I love Death Note!

Yes!

damn, the manga looks nice, and much better art than the game...Im more interested in it than the game...the drawings are very nice...the art isnt usual shonen at all...Im a bit hyped now

peace

Ginko

The manga story looks interesting. Obata really pulled it through with an excellent work. So ideally the anime will follow this storyline. I hope the anime is done as Death Note, following every step and detail explained in the manga.

I think they're trying to expand the franchise for a wider audience, making those who read the manga or watched the anime wanting to play the game, and vise versa. I thought at first that this baby couldn't pull the 360 out of its hole in Japan, but after seeing the develpment of the franchise, I think it's highly possible now.

Jonnyram

Blimblim said:
I just listened to Ayako Kawasumi's song for Blue Dragon, and I can't state enough how her voice should never ever be the most important part of a song. For Mahoromatic at least she had the music behind that helped a lot, but just her with a guitar is a bad bad bad bad idea.
I'm a big fan of her voice work, but when she tries to sing it's like they are dozens of cats in heat mixed with nails-on-chalkboard sound.
Maybe I've been living in
tone deaf
Japan too long, but it didn't sound bad to me at all. Her voice is certainly distinctive.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
theREBELins said:
I expect Blim to post vids of the first 10 hours, thank you very much!
Yeah that's the plan :D
Actually we'll have a big feature about that game in Gamersyde Diaries 3.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
clashfan said:
Do you already have the game?
Nope, I have it preordered like everyone else. GSD3 is planned for around December 20 so we'll have plenty of time to record lots of footage of the game.

lachesis

the music's very good. reminds me some of the good ol' music scores of Miyazaki Hayao's anime - and it somehow fits well into Blue Dragon's world (my impression of, that is) qute well.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
MacFly on my forum just got this from Playasia.
dscn0002af1.jpg

dscn0003ya0.jpg

Orodreth

lachesis said:
the music's very good. reminds me some of the good ol' music scores of Miyazaki Hayao's anime - and it somehow fits well into Blue Dragon's world (my impression of, that is) qute well.

I like the tone of the songs, soft and charming, kinda lullaby-esque.

Even dont mind the voice of the singer.

slaughterking said:
Best. Song. Ever. :D

Haaaahaaaaaaaa lalalalalalalaaaa.

QFT :lol

ughhhhhhhh, I hope he washes his hands after that....should have used some ranged attack against the turd, not claws first...

peace

Five character parties make me a happy camper.
I also like how even at level 1(?) the party can still summon huge bat demons to bitchslap little pink snakes. I was expecting y'know, smaller bat demons at first or something. :)

x Maiku x

Effin' awesome. Oh, and someone needs to get an 'eternity' mp3 up. This thread is not complete without one. And oh man, those figurines look great. I'm tempted to buy a whole box from play-asia. But does anyone know if it would be cheaper to buy these in Japan? What stores are carrying these? I must have them! :D

tsef

I trully wish they will keep the japanese voices and songs in the localized version. Especially the songs, I fear they will change them totally :(

Akira Toriyama's art for DragonQuest Sword(wii)
up16573.jpg

Witch do you like better? Kluke(BD) or Setia(DQS)

dirtmonkey37

flinging feces ---->
Personally, I like the Blue Dragon style better. I really dig (or used to) DBZ, and the art style was AWESOME.

Blue Dragon is a whole new universe with similar design but a hidden freshness.

dirtmonkey37 said:
Personally, I like the Blue Dragon style better. I really dig (or used to) DBZ, and the art style was AWESOME.

Blue Dragon is a whole new universe with similar design but a hidden freshness.

wowzer....I think db looked good for its time...but it doesnt hold up well today, kind of like fist of the north star...the BD manga by OBata looks nice though...I think there are many game artists who are infinitely better than toriyama...kaneko for instance

For some reason the art looks fine for the game though...I mean the game looks nice to me...not great graphically or artistically by any means, but nice...looking forward to see how the story pans out at least...Im not sure I like the look of the evil geeky scientist antagonist

That DQ wii game has much better art than the usual toriyama though

peace

dirtmonkey37

flinging feces ---->
Orodreth said:
I like the tone of the songs, soft and charming, kinda lullaby-esque.

Even dont mind the voice of the singer.

QFT :lol

Yeah, I agree completely with everything in your post.

Music is great, completely fitting of the art style and the aura the game. Very light hearted and extremely happy. This is the stuff that should have accompanied the freaking Viva Pinata tunes :D

dirtmonkey37

flinging feces ---->
Hitler Stole My Potato said:
FOR ALL THAT'S HOLY, PLEASE MS REMOVE THAT WOMAN'S VOICE WHEN YOU BRING BLUE DRAGON TO THE US!

Good god, it's like a female Stephen Hawking. That's shit will be insanely annoying.

:lol

I agree, she's pretty annoying....hahaha..."ITEM......NO ITEM......NOTHING.....NOTHING..."

It's not something that's going to make or break the game for me though. The presentation is amazing!! HOLY CRAP!

Did you see how the camera panned out and how they incorporated the credits into the gameplay and how and how the camera panned out..and how!!

Since we seem to also be talking about the mangas, I thought GAF might like to see a bit of Obata's in color.

Scans are not mine, so many thanks to the person who did them, whoever you are.

Sean*O said:
That HD opening video looked great.

Yeah. Loved the music too. And I wasn't crazy about the logo but seeing it come up over the gameplay, everything just looked perfect together. The color, the character design. All very vivid and cohesive and effing sweet.

Top Bottom