• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blue Dragon (Xbox360) |OT|

duckroll said:
http://mj.shueisha.co.jp/bdst/preview.html

Oh boy, the other Jump manga looks to be a total gag manga as I expected. :lol

:lol

08.gif

Sean*O

Yeah. Loved the music too. And I wasn't crazy about the logo but seeing it come up over the gameplay, everything just looked perfect together. The color, the character design. All very vivid and cohesive and effing sweet.

I agree. It has great atmosphere... the sounds of the wind, the shadows from the windmill, flags swaying softly in the distance (once again the depth of field blur on the 360 is used to great effect) the grass swaying... the ripples and splashes in the water, and the pan out... all really well done.

Kiyamon

I've never been into turn-based Japanese RPG's... but what I have seen of this game so far makes this game a must get.

Meier

Windwalker said:
Akira Toriyama's art for DragonQuest Sword(wii)
http://www2.ranobe.com/test/src/up16573.jpg[IMG]

Witch do you like better? Kluke(BD) or Setia(DQS)[/QUOTE]

This is the first time that I've seen Toriyama attempt somewhat realistic looking hair.. I also think that's probably the most attractive female he's done. No question which game will be better, but DQS gets the easy nod in terms of art.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
Probably been asked a million times but when is this game hitting the states? Is it going to have a few months of localization time like usual? Can't wait for this game.

duckroll

Blimblim said:
I think the XY watermark should be a sign of what this is exactly ;)

I was pretty disappointed by the link, because I thought for a moment that the koreans got hold of a retail copy early and were posting opening pics. But nope, it was just the video we were all talking about HOURS AGO! :(

Tiktaalik

Oh wow I just noticed in one of the screenshots that they visually show the future fight order. That's awesome. There are so many times when I've died in RPGs because it was up to "luck" as to whether I would cast my healing spell first or if a baddie would attack first. This will probably add a lot more strategy to the battles since you can plan ahead better.

Manp

Blimblim said:
I think the XY watermark should be a sign of what this is exactly ;)

damn your site is been ripped from all around the world, they have no shame :lol
at least you can say that you're famous

:)

lachesis

duckroll said:
I was pretty disappointed by the link, because I thought for a moment that the koreans got hold of a retail copy early and were posting opening pics. But nope, it was just the video we were all talking about HOURS AGO! :(

I apologize - I saw the pics first, then the video just a while ago. :(

SPEA

wow...personally im not into JRPGs, but damn, that video looked really nice. they seemed to of nailed the whole atmosphere with the music. artstyle, etc.

bluemax

Banned
I really liked the Orchestral version of one of the tracks posted a few pages back. I don't remember what thread I got it from though. The song with the trumpet...

And I seem to have lost the song :-(

bluemax said:
I really liked the Orchestral version of one of the tracks posted a few pages back. I don't remember what thread I got it from though. The song with the trumpet...

And I seem to have lost the song :-(

The live orchestral version?

Ginko

duckroll said:
I don't believe the color artwork! His hair is still 2/3 of his body length by the end of chapter 1! :lol
Did he settle in the end of chapter 1? I mean did he meet with friends and all that, cause I think when he mingle with other people he will cut his hair. Artwork doesn't lie :p

duckroll

Ginko said:
Did he settle in the end of chapter 1? I mean did he meet with friends and all that, cause I think when he mingle with other people he will cut his hair. Artwork doesn't lie :p

Friends? He has friends? I think you should really read the manga first. :D

Ginko

It shows promise. Loved the art of course.

Grado is weird,
I can see what can happen after defeating the queen, it will probably be Grado trying to consume Ral which will make a new ark. On the other hand, it's too early to try and figure out the story.

Btw, he'll still cut his hair when Mio gives him something to ware :p. it's just annoying even for me as a reader.

Alec

All enemies on screen, and you can draw multiple enemies into one battle?

EarthBound! :-D

The only thing it needs is "instant-battle-over" if you are super-strong and there is no way you'll lose.

duckroll

Alec said:
The only thing it needs is "instant-battle-over" if you are super-strong and there is no way you'll lose.

Yeah it has that too. One of the Classes gives you a barrier attack on the field, so if you're strong enough you'll just wipe the enemies out on the field with the barrier on and still gain the exp.

Alec

duckroll said:
Yeah it has that too. One of the Classes gives you a barrier attack on the field, so if you're strong enough you'll just wipe the enemies out on the field with the barrier on and still gain the exp.

My God.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
duckroll said:
You can also have monsters fight each other if they are from races who hate the other.

duckroll

I was digging around Japanese credits for Manabu Kusunoki, who's responsible for the Blue Dragon world design and worldview, and look what I found. :D

Panzer Dragoon (Sega Saturn):

Original Character Designer, Art Director, Dragon Model Production, Opening CG Production

Panzer Dragoon Zwei (Sega Saturn):

Original Concept/Design, Opening Production

Azel Panzer Dragoon RPG (Sega Saturn):

Original Concept/Design, Chief Designer, Supervising Director

Ginko

Darkness Tears, check your PMs.

Damn, duckroll. I never knew this guy did Panzer Dragoon designs and concepts. Excitment +10.

duckroll

Ginko said:
Darkness Tears, check you PMs.

Damn, duckroll. I never knew this guy did Panzer Dragoon designs and concepts. Excitment +10.

Blue Dragon's staff seems to break down like this:

Scenario, game design, music = pre-FF7 Final Fantasy (Sakaguchi, Uematsu)

Character, monster, mecha design = Dragon Quest, Chrono Trigger (Toriyama)

Worldview, art design = Panzer Dragoon (Kusunoki)

Technical engine = Blinx (Matsumoto)

Ginko

duckroll said:
Blue Dragon's staff seems to break down like this:

Scenario, game design, music = pre-FF7 Final Fantasy (Sakaguchi, Uematsu)

Character, monster, mecha design = Dragon Quest, Chrono Trigger (Toriyama)

Worldview, art design = Panzer Dragoon (Kusunoki)

Technical engine = Blinx (Matsumoto)

Yeah I knew about all of them. But I never knew that Kusunoki did Panzer Dragoon. Such a solid team, this game must succeed.

Top Bottom