• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blue Reflection |OT| Modern day Magical Girls

Briarios

I'm enjoying the game, but the translation is terrible ... Misspellings and worse. They're taking about Lime, then suddenly it says Raimu ... It's takes me a moment to realize who they're talking about. Really, that's just ridiculously sloppy.

I'm enjoying the game, but the translation is terrible ... Misspellings and worse. They're taking about Lime, then suddenly it says Raimu ... It's takes me a moment to realize who they're talking about. Really, that's just ridiculously sloppy.
Translation is fine but the editing is bad. The translator told me that Lime's real name is Raimu and Lime is just Yuzu's nickname for her, like she nicknames everybody. Take that with a grain of salt, though, cause I haven't seen them use Raimu anywhere else yet.

Linkura

The translator told me that Lime's real name is Raimu and Lime is just Yuzu's nickname for her, like she nicknames everybody.

trre.gif

Sounds like bullshit to me.

I've only put in about 5 hours so far, dunno how far along I am but I'm not too enthralled so far. The main reason I gave the game a shot was because of the daily life portion but compared to things like Persona and even Trails, it's as bare bones as it can possibly be. The lackluster localization effort brings it down a lot too. If it was at least dubbed I might be able to find it a bit more engaging but right now I don't care much about any of the characters either.

I'm actually fine with the battles being more or less optional since out of the few Gust games I've played the battle system was pretty much always the weakest aspect.

Yeah, the school aspect feels really half-assed.

I'm rather disappointed after about 5 hours. They have a decent enough graphical presentation, decent enough set up, certainly plenty of UI pizzaz.

But everything else is just so... so-so and meh. Like, there's an extremely half-assed friendship system, but why even bother including it if you have unlimited time? All that's really happening is that there's a 30 second effective load screen where you have to go to bed before you can grind up more friendship points to see all of the (not too great) events. It almost feels like they intended a time-limit/schedule thing and then just backed out at the last possible moment.

They give you a surprisingly large amount of options for character and gear growth... but everything is so damn easy it doesn't even seem worth it.

What story that does exist is just kinda... boring? Just, here let's help people with their minor psychological issues with no stakes? They could've done something cool like maybe your mahou-shoujo powers come from vampirizing strong emotions so you have to do devious shit to create drama to fuel your powers otherwise everybody dies at the next monster attack? There's alot of ways they can spin this and I feel like they took the most boring possible route of magical girl therapist.

I think the worst part of all this is how this is gonna reflect on the Gust team, cause it's gonna drag down the soundtrack which is so out of place in this game cause it's FUCKING AMAZING and this composer totally needs to be put on like a big project where he can get the recognition he deserves instead of this bargain binner.

Yeah, the school aspect feels really half-assed.

I'm rather disappointed after about 5 hours. They have a decent enough graphical presentation, decent enough set up, certainly plenty of UI pizzaz.

But everything else is just so... so-so and meh. Like, there's an extremely half-assed friendship system, but why even bother including it if you have unlimited time? All that's really happening is that there's a 30 second effective load screen where you have to go to bed before you can grind up more friendship points to see all of the (not too great) events. It almost feels like they intended a time-limit/schedule thing and then just backed out at the last possible moment.

They give you a surprisingly large amount of options for character and gear growth... but everything is so damn easy it doesn't even seem worth it.

What story that does exist is just kinda... boring? Just, here let's help people with their minor psychological issues with no stakes? They could've done something cool like maybe your mahou-shoujo powers come from vampirizing strong emotions so you have to do devious shit to create drama to fuel your powers otherwise everybody dies at the next monster attack? There's alot of ways they can spin this and I feel like they took the most boring possible route of magical girl therapist.

I think the worst part of all this is how this is gonna reflect on the Gust team, cause it's gonna drag down the soundtrack which is so out of place in this game cause it's FUCKING AMAZING and this composer totally needs to be put on like a big project where he can get the recognition he deserves instead of this bargain binner.

This x1000!!!

Battlechili

Banned
Hinako texting is adorable.
I love these stickers

On another note, I don't know where people are getting that this game is easy. On the hardest difficulty, I already got kicked out of the Common once. Enemies are cutting my characters' health in half in one hit and when running into fights of 4 at a time it gets pretty tense and hard to stay on top of things. The game could've done well to add some permanence in the sense that you don't just heal up automatically after each fight, but nonetheless the fights are kicking my butt.

PaulSane

On another note, I don't know where people are getting that this game is easy. On the hardest difficulty, I already got kicked out of the Common once. Enemies are cutting my characters' health in half in one hit and when running into fights of 4 at a time it gets pretty tense and hard to stay on top of things. The game could've done well to add some permanence in the sense that you don't just heal up automatically after each fight, but nonetheless the fights are kicking my butt.

I never lost a fight on hardest difficulty, and i think i had my characters KOd like 3 or 4 times total. But i pretty much power-leveled in this game when it was possible, the quest you get in chapter 3 or 4 allows you to get like 15 levels ahead of any enemy you can encounter at that point, and that advantge can last you until the later chapters. I was also abusing those super-expensive AOE skills every character gets, while adding Knockback and Increased damage fragments to them - in most of the fights with regular enemies from chapter 4 onwards, none of the eneimes even got a chance to act. So yeah, the game is easy if you abuse the tools it gives you :)

SephLuis

If you guys passed the first Sephirot and didn't liked it, there won't be much to change your opinions. The game doesn't really change, but I got more invested in it as I got to know the characters better.

The battle system is really easy, though it has some interesting mechanics that are added later on.

And yes, the soundtrack is amazing. Too bad only a few people will get to know it =/

Top Bottom