• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bluepoint Games is working on another Remake

Masagiwa

It looks like Bluepoint is working on another remake.

Bluepoint Games has confirmed that its next project in the wake of the stunning Shadow of the Colossus for PlayStation 4 is a new remake. Digital Foundry had the opportunity to talk with the team about the technology powering its latest release, and asked whether the expanded art team brought on for the project would be deployed next on an original game.

Well, we could but we're doing another remake," replied Bluepoint's president and co-owner, Marco Thrush. "This project served us as a great point of growing the art team to the point where we can take on a full triple-A game major scope of art content. So now our next step is, let's improve the art pipeline, let's improve the engine, let's improve workflow for artists, let's grow on the art side some more to handle our next project because it's a bit bigger. And our next focus is, all right, let's work on design and add new stuff to get to the next remake, because now that can be our sole focus of making sure that's where we put the time and everybody else, they're already at a level where we can perform.

Source: Eurogamer

What are you guys hoping for? These are the excellent games they have put out so far:

2006 - Blast Factor (PS3)
2009 - God of War Collection (PS3)
2011 - The Ico & Shadow of the Colossus Collection (PS3)
2011 - Metal Gear Solid HD Collection (PS3, Xbox 360)
2012 - PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale (PS Vita)
2013 - Flower (PS4, PS Vita)
2014 - Titanfall (Xbox 360)
2015 - Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection (PS4)
2015 - Gravity Rush Remastered (PS4)
2018 - Shadow of the Colossus (PS4)

Would be really interesting if Microsoft made a deal with them for an exclusive remake/remaster on Xbox.

Last edited:

hybrid_birth

Gold Member
I hope they remake pong. With realistic balls and paddles. Oh and with motion capture.

Should have an orchestra sound track too.

I would buy that in an instant.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
I'm excited and I don't even know what it is.
I'm assuming it's a old AAA title

bosnianpie

All Sony exclusives since 2015. Maybe it's Shenmue 1 and 2? Ports could be ready in time for the third game, it's a console exclusive.

Bergoglio

Source: Eurogamer

What are you guys hoping for? These are the excellent remasters/remakes they have put out so far:

2006 - Blast Factor (PS3)
2009 - God of War Collection (PS3)
2011 - The Ico & Shadow of the Colossus Collection (PS3)
2011 - Metal Gear Solid HD Collection (PS3, Xbox 360)
2012 - PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale (PS Vita)
2013 - Flower (PS4, PS Vita)
2014 - Titanfall (Xbox 360)
2015 - Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection (PS4)
2015 - Gravity Rush Remastered (PS4)
2018 - Shadow of the Colossus (PS4)

Would be really interesting if Microsoft made a deal with them for an exclusive remake/remaster on Xbox.

Medievil.

eso76

Yep.

It's Galleon.

(Kidding, a friend of mine was just joking about this a couple days ago because apparently I'm the only one who liked the game :p )

INC

Kz2 would be nice

Full 60fps MP with no input lag would be amazing

But I'm realistic, it won't be that

DavidGzz

Demon's Soul's and it will make the Dark Souls remaster look like a joke. Fyi, I am excited about the remaster of Dark Souls.

With last few games being for PS4 I'd say it will be another Sony exclusive as they must have expert knowledge of the platform now.

I think Heavenly Sword deserves another chance - game got hit badly due to being released in early ps3 era where it suffered from limited audience due to expensive hardware and got grilled for it's length due to people still having ps2 era expectations for games.

Mathrin

Eternal Darkness will never happen after the SK bullshittery, but I still dream.

Dear god, I dream.

Last edited:

Breakage

I just remembered that in a recent in interview, Yu Suzuki neither confirmed nor denied HD updates for Shenmue and Shenmue II.

Last edited:
Made from the ground up Remaster/Remake like Shadow of the Colossus but for Banjo Kazooie on Xbox One/X and Win 10. This year its the 20th anniversary MAKE IT HAPPEN

I felt like a kid on Christmas eve when this news popped up in my Twitter feed. Bluepoint are amazing. I love the fact that the industry has finally grown to a point to where it actively wants to respect its past and preserve it for future generations of gamers (and for current gamers to enjoy again). There's now an entire business model based around remasters in video games and I love that. What a great generation this is.

base

Banned
I hope it's Final Fantasy 7, so we can get in in a couple of years instead in the century if Square Enix decides to do it on their own :D

Hostile_18

Banned
Love Bluepoint. In fact there so good I kind of would rather a handful of remasters than the time taken to do one remake.

I feel the same way when people hint at them to do original games. There's loads of good developers out there, of which they could no doubt join, but why when they are the best in their field at the remaster.

In short keep up good work and stay king of your niche! :D

ZehDon

Gold Member
Shenmue I & II remakes.
Yep, that's where my money is. There's clearly a market for them, and with Sony giving the Shenmue III kickstarter a prime position at their conference, I wouldn't be surprised if they locked up another exclusive.

With that said, if they were making what I wanted them to make, we'd be getting Draken: Order of the Flame:
drawn-game-drakan-11.jpg

Top Bottom