• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bojack Horseman Season 3 |OT| Everyday It Gets a Little Easier

Status
Not open for further replies.

VegiHam

Episode 4 was amazing.

Episode 11 was too much man.

I called a few things that were gunna happen in 12 before they happened so now I feel smart.

I need to go sit down :(

Geist-

It's too much. Every season, every 11th episode, every finale... It hurts so good.

I think I need to lie down and cry.

O89hbBz.gif

Bojack having a daughter might be just the thing this show needs.

Up to episode 4 and I'm not really feeling it yet. Apart from one moment they've kind of lost track of what made the show so good - BoJack's constant inability to make a decision that wouldn't turn everything to shit. It's a bit all over the place and silly so far, there's no clear tone.

Hopefully it picks up a bit. Episode 4 was pretty good, but mostly it was good in an "episode of TV" way, rather than a "BoJack Horseman" way, if that makes sense.

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
I keep starting this show but can never get through the first episode. Is the rest of the show like this, or any better?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I keep starting this show but can never get through the first episode. Is the rest of the show like this, or any better?
Apparently season 1 is pretty bad? I just started at 2 and it basically feels like a surrealistic version of a LA comedian sitcom.

Guess Who

Banned

Season 1 is a deliberate bait-and-switch. It starts like an average animated comedy and morphs into something closer to a character drama by the second half of the season.

So no, the rest of the show is not like that, and yes, it gets much better.

Catvoca

Banned
Somehow finished the whole season today and loved it. I don't think it quite hits the highs of season 2, there were less gut-wrenching moments for me and I only really teared up once. The comedy is better than ever though, and there's some incredible episodes, particularly 4 and 11.

Oh, and I love how they handle Todd this season. His storylines are much more relevant to the plot and I really like they way the handle his character in the end, it feels perfect.

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
Season 1 is a deliberate bait-and-switch. It starts like an average animated comedy and morphs into something closer to a character drama by the second half of the season.

So no, the rest of the show is not like that, and yes, it gets much better.

Weird. Anything lost from just skipping to the middle of the season then?

batbeg

I think a show like this you get the most out of it by actually following the characters development. Of course I've also never has a problem with the pilot.

Geist-

I wouldn't recommend it. A major point of the show is the progress of the main character's development. You'll also be missing a lot of world building.

VAD

Oh my god this fucking show... I love it so much for its subtle jokes and character development and hate it for what it makes them suffer through.
Will Arnett is a great actor.
Also the
Sopranos's reel joke
was GOAT.

Sblargh

Banned
Woah, dude, the guy who subtitled the season into portuguese is around here somewhere? (he popped up on another thread)
The "Eu sou Luis Carlos Prestes?" line was genious. Want to kiss you right now.

Kid Ska

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Oh yes this was the best surprise ever. So excited to have a few beers, laugh a bit, and have my heartstrings tugged all night.

Plum

Got to Episode 4 today. Yep, gonna end it there for now. Such an amazing episode, reminds me why I love this show.

Anyone know what the ending song is? Or is it just something written for the show?

WarRock

Between 7 and 8 I was saying "boy, I'm glad this is not reaching season 2 levels of gut punches".

Then episode 9 happened and I felt sucker punched in the neck.
Then episode 10 happened and I felt nut stomped.

Not sure I can watch 11 today. Damn. Episode ten man...

Finished episode 10.

You are all the things that are wrong with you. It's not the alcohol, or the drugs, or any of the shitty things that happened to you and your career, or when you were a kid... it's you.

MY HEART A;KNMBAL;FG

kris.

Banned
holy shit episode 4 was perfect, especially that ending. this is bar none the best show on tv at this point.

WarRock

I should not have finished this today. Ugh.

Anyway, the amount of visual storytelling during the last episode is ridiculous. No
nice catchphrase to encapsulate the moment either.

Atrophis

holy shit episode 4 was perfect, especially that ending. this is bar none the best show on tv at this point.

Its been the best show on TV for a while now. I just wished more people knew about it.

Not sure whether to start Season 3 now or not. Its 2.51AM. I've been out drinking all night and I'm depressed as fuck. Not sure I can handle this right now but I really want to watch :/

I just finished S3. At the end of episode 11 *also ep 12 spoilers*
my heart sunk. That was so cleverly done and I felt the same as Bojack did. It was like she was a daughter to him and the whole episode being dedicated to their relationship showed how important she was to him. What Bojack said in the next episode was so true about it being bound to happen but not really. i really feel for the guy. Also Bojack having a daughter like they hinted at earlier in the season was genius. It's exactly what he needs. Almost a perfect solution to his problems. Almost.
I don't know what to do. This is honestly the best show I've ever seen (that I can think of right now) and I've seen a lot of shows, but now I've gotta wait a whole year for a resolution to the feelings that could only come from watching another season of Bojack Horseman. Was it worth it? Did I know I'd feel this way going into season 3? Would I do it again? All I know is that was an amazing experience and has been my favourite piece of media I've consumed all year.

I'll probably look harder at some of the episodes on a second watch but I don't think I've ever laughed harder at a TV show then when
Get Dat Fetus Kill Dat Fetus
came on.

I was in fucking tears, I had to go back and rewatch all the shit I missed from crying.

Fury451

Banned

Season 1 is rough to get into, at first. It's not bad at all, but it starts kinda clunky for a few episodes.

Episode 3 is where it starts to find its footing and sink in- episode 4 and beyond through season two are wonderful

Oh shit now I know who Captain Peanutbutter is.

Goddamn Weird Al Yankovic!

This show has some real impressive direction that often has me see a voice actors name and be astonished they were that person.

Some of the VA on this show is the best I've heard from a number of people

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom