• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bomberman 64 (Wii U Virtual Console) out in NA tomorrow

Madao

There is a minimal amount of input latency. I believe newer N64 VC releases have almost fixed this, so it isn't too bad. The games also have a dark filter placed over them to reduce epilepsy issues.

Other than that, they are the exact same games but with the frame rate sometimes improved.

nope. lag is still the same even on the newest releases. i played FZX the other day to compare and it has awful input lag. worse than on Wii VC.

the dark filer is unacceptable since other VC platforms completely lack this thing (GBA is the most obvious one) and is there just to screw with the games. the games lack a pixel perfect mode and that's why they look blurry (again, comparing to GBA VC since that also has pixel perfect modes)

N64 VC on Wii U is absolutely dreadful even comparing to another VC system on the exact same console. there's no excuse to support or downplay this since, if GBA can be as good as it is, why can't N64?

The best bomberman game has returned 😎😎😎😎
Loved the single player and loved the multiplayer
Man if they enhanced this on switch with online multiplayer I'd go nuts

That Bomberman game was nuts. Even with cheats, it took a hell of a lot of effort to get all the outfit pieces.

Remember to POUND the start button a lot at the title screen to unlock more multiplayer levels.

shiyrley

Banned
We'll be lucky if it's as little as 5.
:(
I sold my Wii U to afford my Switch and emulation for this game is trash. I could play it on my original N64... at 50 hertz lol

I really want this to get on Switch soon. Maybe because of Super Bomberman R Nintendo and Konami are currently buddies about Bomberman in VC

Yes. I never fully beat this game, only Bomberman Hero and Second Attack. I hope this means second attack is coming as well.

Mrbob

Put me in the"Would have bought on Switch" camp too. Not touching this on WiiU as I don't want to pay twice for this game when it comes to Switch.

There are 72 GBA games on the WiiU VC. GBA emulation is superb and it has one of the best libraries of any system ever. My WiiU is often a GBA player and I love that.

Yup. The fact the Switch is a real handheld makes me want GBA VC sooner.

Mannnnn this is so great! I mean, yeah I wish it were on switch or at least came out sooner in the wiius life, but I'll take it.

Best 64 Bomberman. And that soundtrack.... Yes.

RedSwirl

I'll think about getting 2nd Attack. I'm not confident about the future viability of my VC purchases but people said 2nd Attack was awesome, I never got to play it, and it's expensive as shit these days.

I get it. Not everyone bought a Switch. Theyre giving Wii U owners something nice. I stopped all Wii U purchases after Paper Mario last October, soon as the Switch announcement came.

The only good Bomberman game.

5ef.jpg

Getting all of the gold cards and 100% this game is absolutely nuts I still can't believe I did that as a kid. Really liked the 'twist' in the story as well didn't really expect it from Bomberman of all things. The sequel The Second Attack was also really good but not nearly as insane although its rare as hell now and goes for well over 150$ now and I really liked seeing a certain character from the first game show up in the second.

Fou-Lu

Judging by the reactions I am assuming this game was actually good? I played and beat it as a child, but don't remember it well.

VARIA

Will we get any sort of deal/discount from (Switch) VC games that we already own on the Wii U, or are we starting from scratch (AGAIN!) on the Switch?

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I was going to sell my Wii U becuase I haven't played it in ages. I'm afraid to hook it up to the internet and risk losing CFW.

But Bomberman 64 is seriosuly incredible.

WAIT WHAT

this implies that it will probably launch on Switch too eventually

YESSSSSSS

How does it imply that at all? Especially when VC release in packets relevant to the device its in. Unless there's something different about the upcoming VC release, I would keep expectations in check.

Madao

Judging by the reactions I am assuming this game was actually good? I played and beat it as a child, but don't remember it well.

the game was pretty good. it was one for the first n64 games where i got 100% back in the day.

i would have bought it again if it wasn't for how crap N64 games are on Wii U VC. it's so bad that it will probably make me not want to even get halfway into the game.

I still can't believe this. Like I would buy this if Switch had VC, but I don't want to hook up my Wii U so I won't get it.

What were they thinking

So you think they should drop all support for Wii U the minute the Switch launched? There are still 13 million of them out there, and supply constraints mean most of them couldn't upgrade right now if they wanted to.

Griss

Completely absurd for Switch to launch without VC and the dead Wii U still only just now getting certain N64 games. Absurd.

Can't wait to see what awesome game next week has!

Oh, ohh now we're getting those N64 VC games we were after. Makes sense!

What's that? 2 years ago? Naar, we just released a new console so it's the perfect time. Definitely not years ago.

This is the game that made me fall in love with Bomberman, and it's a shame it came out so late on the Wii U. I hope we can get it on the Switch VC before the week after the system dies.

Bulzeeb

If I wasn't already planning to buy a switch I will buy this in a hearthbeat, I still play the game in my old n64 every now and then when I visit my family

The best bomberman game has returned 😎😎😎😎
Loved the single player and loved the multiplayer
Man if they enhanced this on switch with online multiplayer I'd go nuts

I like you

Top Bottom