• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bond 24 title and cast to be revealed on December 4 [Live now]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nodnol

Andrew Scott's involvement would blow up the hype train for me. Waltz AND Scott? Too much awesome right there.

With how Skyfall ended, it's apparent they are heading towards a slightly more orthodox formula. We have M, Q and Moneypenny all set up.

If Waltz is Blofeld, then maybe we see a transition throughout this film, leading to his bald cat-loving self for the next film, with Scott being the main villain this time around.

glaurung

Thought. Kevin Spacey next Bond, please.
austin_powers_kevin_spacey.jpg

He's an amazing Bond and even his weakest film (Quantum of Solace) is still leagues better than shit like The Man With the Golden Gun and Diamonds are Forever.

What? No, you crazy. I mean, yeah one could argue that QoS is better than those two films but those two films were NOT shit.

I hope they continue with the more Epic Bond with larger than life villains and schemes. Skyfall was close but it needs to ratchet it up another notch.

Rich!

Man with the Golden Gun had the best villain and best actor for a villain in the entire series and completely squandered that opportunity.

It also had the return of mr redneck asshole sherriff pepper, and the single greatest stunt in Bond history (360 degree car jump) was ruined by a silly whistle cartoon sound effect and the aforementioned idiot sherriff rolling around the back of the car shouting WAHOOO YEEEAAAHH

Considering the source material and Christopher Lee's talent, it was a huge, huge wasted opportunity and I hate it for that. Goodnight was also absolutely unbearable as a bond girl.

Amazing soundtrack though. Based John Barry.

And as for Diamonds are Forever, it had Blofeld in drag and a Sean Connery who clearly did not give a single fuck.

lobdale

3 ft, coiled to the sky
Rewatched Skyfall last night for the first time since theater to get hype and the most glaring omission is there was not enough hot babes.

More hot babes please!!!

ascii42

Man with the Golden Gun had the best villain and best actor for a villain in the entire series and completely squandered that opportunity.

It also had the return of mr redneck asshole sherriff pepper, and the single greatest stunt in Bond history (360 degree car jump) was ruined by a silly whistle cartoon sound effect and the aforementioned idiot sherriff rolling around the back of the car shouting WAHOOO YEEEAAAHH

Considering the source material and Christopher Lee's talent, it was a huge, huge wasted opportunity and I hate it for that. Goodnight was also absolutely unbearable as a bond girl.

And as for Diamonds are Forever, it had Blofeld in drag and a Sean Connery who clearly did not give a single fuck.

Goodnight is a good candidate for the worst Bond girl. I mean, she nearly gets Bond killed with her butt.

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
I was super bummed by Skyfall and the fucking terrible logic that much of the film had and I really hope that they don't return to the Bond formula with the reintroduction of Blofeld, Moneypenny and Q. The only story I want from Blofeld are accurate adaptations of On Her Majesties Secret Service and You Only Live Twice, which would be incredible. The Tracy story would get the ending it deserved, not bloated, uninterested Connery chasing Blofeld in drag.

Ithil

How did they even flip a car like that?

obin_gam

surprised the title hasnt leaked yet. Last time it was months in advance no?
nothing on what Sony has bought as website names?

Rich!

This is the second time I have read this (dunno if it was also you in the other thread?), but I wouldn't like that title. I hope it'll be something else.

Wasn't me. Didn't realize anyone else had mentioned it here.

But I would love it. Blofeld time!!

Penguin

so uh, lots of buzz around that this could be the potential title:

SPECTRE

Eh I feel like

1)Way too simple for a Bond title

2)Seems odd would give that away in the title.

Someone suggested

They could use it in the title like the Spectre of Defeat or something

Please make the villain actually sinister this time, and not some lame accountant, water tycoon, or guy out for revenge. Man, Craig's villains have sucked.

Knowing this though, Christoph Waltz will play Blofeld (if he is playing Blofeld) as a corporate businessman who wants to take over Walmart and will do whatever it takes to do it.

Rich!

One of only two laughs* in the whole movie but a great one. Kevin Spacey's impressions never fail.

*The other being Michael Caine's line: "There's only two things I hate in this world: people who discriminate, and the Dutch!"

Dude, danny devito was hilarious as mini me too.

Pachimari

I'm not feeling this project, but I totally felt it with Skyfall before release and that one turned out to be Craig's worst. Hopefully tomorrow will change my mind and induce some hype when I get to know the title.

obin_gam

This is the second time I have read this (dunno if it was also you in the other thread?), but I wouldn't like that title. I hope it'll be something else.

that was me lol. found that rumor just after the time I asked about the title here and didnt know what thread I was in :p

I hope they use it (if it is that) together with more words. Two Bond films after one another can't be just one word.

I have it on good authority that the title is a borrowed from one of Fleming's lesser known works, and it'll be called
Chitty Chitty Bang Bang

Blader

Quantum really needs to be sloved. That's been what's bugging me, unless they say Blofeld was leading Quantum.

Other than that, all I ask is gun barrel intro sequence and a good song intro.

I'd like to see Quantum return too but I feel like it's unlikely given: a) the time that's passed since QoS, b) QoS' relative unpopularity.

That said, they kind of gave themselves a way to write out Quantum, with Bond having identified most of their figureheads at the opera. Only Mr. White escapes being ID'd.

For those worried about the cheesiness, fear not!

As for the next Bond film — the title and cast of which will be announced on Thursday — Craig said that he hopes to push the cheese even further.

"I don’t want to go ludicrous and we’ve got to keep them in reality, but Christ almighty, the world’s f—-ing weird and there’s plenty we can start mining and taking out," he promised. "If Blofeld turned up again, it wouldn’t be a bad thing."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom