• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bonnie Ross (Head of 343i): "Every Halo FPS will have Split-Screen going forward"

Banamy

good news. I think the foundation for halo 5 multiplayer is really solid. So a lot of resources could be put into campaign.

Hopefully after Halo 6 they do a soft reboot. I wish the had put chief in the cryptum and had 6 take place 10,000 years later with chief coming out. Ace that splitscreen is back as I can see the significance of the feature and was upset with it's removal even though I don't use it lol.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Frankles, can you get Eric Nylund back for writing Halo books? Fall of Reach, First Strike, and Ghosts of Onyx are still my favorites.

Or better yet, do you think you can get him to collaborate on Halo 6's campaign?

Nope, he's partly retired, from what I understand - and working on his (excellent) original material.

We would were he interested and available.

Theorry

Hopefully after Halo 6 they do a soft reboot. I wish the had put chief in the cryptum and had 6 take place 10,000 years later with chief coming out. Ace that splitscreen is back as I can see the significance of the feature and was upset with it's removal even though I don't use it lol.

Halo 6 is the last part of the latest trilogy really. So Halo 7 could be a "reboot"

IHaveIce

Banned
Perhaps you did not fully comprehend the OP my stout and well-intentioned friend. It's not an announcement, she's talking to her peers at DICE about that experience.
What is your experience with setting up tourbeys without LAN mode so far and how much hope can we have regarding that going forward

Outrun

good news. I think the foundation for halo 5 multiplayer is really solid. So a lot of resources could be put into campaign.

This is what I am hoping for.

We need a MC-centric story, where you play solely as the Chief.

We need a long campaign.

We don't need the Chief being rescued.

Oh Cortana in H5 needs to be some evil Contender class AI.

link1201

We need a long campaign.

Bolded is what I hope for especially.

Adam M

So everyone's happy :)

header.jpg

Theorry

We need a long campaign.

My hope is. You play as MC whole campaign. With 3 ai buddies. Locke, Arbiter and Buck.

Gwyn

Tbh i would prefer if they spent the time for classic FF and BTB dev maps which 100% of the users will enjoy rather than spliscreen which i guess only a small % will use

Woorloog

Banned
Well, this is pleasant news. Now, just let me play as an Elite (Arbiter, or someone else) as well.

And remove ADS and Sprint.

FenDozer

More so than couch coop, they really need to remove ADS (aim down sights). Halo 5 felt more like a Call of Duty game than a traditional Halo game.

They should stick with 60 FPS, go back to standard Halo aiming, incorporate split-screen, and include a diverse looking set of multiplayer maps. All of Halo 4 & Halo 5's maps looked VERY similar. The diversity in Halo 2 & 3 was fantastic!

marciocdb

Banned
Nope, he's partly retired, from what I understand - and working on his (excellent) original material.

We would were he interested and available.

Can't wait to see what you'll do with Halo in Project Scorpio!!

Congrats to the whole team, Frank!! Keep it up!!

Dont get why they have to announce something like this... Its standard since 2001 for this franchise. But i guess everything not done by 343 needs be re-announced.

After Halo 5, I needed to hear this asap about the future of the series. I appreciate the transparency. While I love Halo 5 (and look forward to getting into the Halo Wars 2: UE I won from the Xbox dashboard promo *bites lip*), my dedication as a primarily split-screen, casual fan of the series was waning to the point where I could have been estranged with Halo/Xbox to some degree by the time Halo 6 (or whatever) came out. Now I know to look forward to the future.

Banamy

We need a long campaign.

I'd like for the created to be canned in halo 6, Master Chief to be the star, working along side blue team and osiris. But you're not really with osiris, they are doing different objectives for the same mission.

farisr

I'm not so sure they will be honestly after all this "simplifying" talk.

The problem with past games was not that the story was too complicated or deep, it was that it required outside knowledge not contained within the games or stuff that was out of the way. Now they're going for a simpler story, and leaving all the deep stuff to the external media... I think they're taking the wrong approach here.

They should be figuring out a way to introduce the knowledge required in-game for a decent understanding of the story instead of simplifying it because "people can't digest story while shooting things"

Woorloog

Banned
Why is there even talk of 30fps... Keep it at 60, just sort out the issue where the enemies in the background are at 30.

Yup. That's terrible.

60FPS is certainly the best thing about Halo 5, and MCC with 60FPS is pretty damn great. FPS increase is always always a positive as far as gameplay is concerned.

Gestault

That is absolutely fantastic to hear. I wish it was never an issue, but Frankly, I think besides making it a better game, I have a feeling it pushes their tech to be more efficient behind the scenes.

Top Bottom