• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bonnie Ross (Head of 343i): "Every Halo FPS will have Split-Screen going forward"

hwalker84

Here's what I'd like for Halo 6

Right click copy "Halo 5 Multiplayer.xml"
Paste into Halo 6 Project
Improve graphics

Single player
Stop fucking around with other characters. I'm fine with Blue team being around but fuck off with playing most of the game as Spartan Locke and his merry band of Spartans. Hell i'm fine with different people coming along for the mission like how Gears would switch out teammates.
There's nothing wrong with recapping before the very first mission. So many elements seem to need expanded universe material to fully appreciate and enjoy.

wwm0nkey

Improve graphics

Single player
Stop fucking around with other characters. I'm fine with Blue team being around but fuck off with playing most of the game as Spartan Locke and his merry band of Spartans. Hell i'm fine with different people coming along for the mission like how Gears would switch out teammates.
There's nothing wrong with recapping before the very first mission. So many elements seem to need expanded universe material to fully appreciate and enjoy.

If (I hope) MP is just Halo 5 with a BUNCH of extra stuff and better art/graphics, then the SP will benefit a lot probably.

On the downside, Bonnie Ross also said this:

Source: https://youtu.be/h_7M93WRFng, it was about 20 minutes ago from this post.

Makes me worry about Halo 6 a little, maybe I'm reading into this too much.
Considering Halo Wars 2's story is an incoherent, worthless mess of unneccessary one-liners and unrealized potential, the only way they should look at its story as a blueprint for the future is to do everything differently.

Halo needs some new writers or less managerial input into the story.

Akai__

They do and did. We have been very clear that the situation was not optimum, to put it mildly. But it was not caused by some corporate specter.

Silence fills this empty post, now that you are gone. But my mind is not at rest, for questions linger on.

Would really love to know what happened.

It was a joke playing off what the guy introducing her said, I assume neither of you have given presentations before?

She is speaking to a wide audience as the Head of 343i. It seemed out of place to me to start a presentation like this.

Chris1

Will be disappointed if its 30fps, worst case scenario should be 30fps or 60fps option for the campaign.

Gameplay felt just right. The only problem with the game was the story imo.

JaggedSac

I actually hope they split MP and single player. Make the MP a continually evolving thing. Go balls out on a single player campaign that innovates on single player fps campaigns. The mission structure that Halo has is tired. Make a hub world, pick and choose locations to go to next in order to combat the AIs. Optional side missions. Upgradeable gear. Skills. Upgradeable base of operations. Etc.

Woorloog

Banned
I actually hope they split MP and single player. Make the MP a continually evolving thing. Go balls out on a single player campaign that innovates on single player fps campaigns. The mission structure that Halo has is tired. Make a hub world, pick and choose locations to go to next in order to combat the AIs. Optional side missions. Upgradeable gear. Skills. Upgradeable base of operations. Etc.

NO, no, no FUCK NO.

Explorable hubs (kinda liked the concept in H5 actually, only they never had anything interesting) and optional objectives/locations in mission maps are OK but skills, upgradeable gear etc.... FUCK THAT.

farisr

Haven't played it yet so not sure if accurate, but that pretty much sounds like what Infinite Warfare's campaign is from my understanding.

Hope the next Halo fps has more of a classic artstlye and plays more like traditional Halo. Cant stand this fast movement abilities anymore. Halo was never a super fast shooter to me.

Storywise? Not getting my hopes up until they replace their story writer.

Some of that was my hope for Halo 4 after the first concept art trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAKmu2yn3Fk

Remains of the Forward unto Dawn acting as a base that you would branch off of to hub like levels ala the 'Silent Cartographer' or 'Halo'.

Theorry

Really think thats gonna be the future of Halo. Doubt we get a Halo RPG ever so thats the best thing we probably get. Outside the skill thing tho. The hub thing was 5 was already a start. Even small. But its a way to keep Halo going forward with time.

link1201

Improve graphics

Single player
Yep, I agree. I hope they rein the side stuff in.

Fuchsdh

If (I hope) MP is just Halo 5 with a BUNCH of extra stuff and better art/graphics, then the SP will benefit a lot probably.

Graphics are nice. Outside of Forge performance improvements, though, all I really want is a more robust featureset at launch.

Cyclone

Hope they learned their lessons from 5. What a terrible campaign.

Gameplay, level design, mission design, voice-acting, production value was terrible? There are multiple parts of a campaign. Story was underwhelming and character development was shocking, but that's not the entire campaign.

UKUMI0

I actually enjoyed Halo a lot more without the guests on teams.

People would leave if they had guests on their teams in past Halos. Honestly, if you allow guests in social playlists but out of competitive that would be okay, but you'll still have people leave.

jelly

That's cool, I like how they are taking on board the flaws and what worked

I want a great single player campaign again that is more focused on Master Chief, side characters like Blue team is fine to tag along but more like Reach not not Halo 5. By all means explore different stories in Halo but a side show that makes you thirst for a solo game based on it or a solo game itself so it gets proper attention and doesn't get in the way.

Don't go to cutscenes for cool moments, let me do the cool stuff.
I don't care how awesome the cinematics are, let me do it.

KORNdoggy

So basically the excuses they made concerning the feature being absent in halo 5 was bullshit then? Understood.

Tbh i skipped halo 5 entirely for that reason, so i'm glad to hear it's returning!

Gameplay, level design, mission design, voice-acting, production value was terrible? There are multiple parts of a campaign. Story was underwhelming and character development was shocking, but that's not the entire campaign.
Terrible is absolutely hyperbolic, but there were problems beyond story and character development, level design being one of them. While levels were generally bigger to compensate 4-player co-op, they were still less open and less of a sandbox than Halos of past. Some of the encounters were more static, compare the Scarab to the very boring Kraken encounter. It also lost its space marine identity and seems more fantasy Power rangers-like. I think the multiplayer is the best it's ever been (with the caveat that real BTB maps need to return). Gun play and gameplay are the series' best. All that said, campaign has a lot of room for improvement. Where are the "Assault on the Control Room" and "The Covenant type levels?"

Top Bottom