• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Booze over weed ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BowieZ

Banned
koam said:
wtf? What does smoking weed have to do with being cool?
I was just being cute. And probably not much, in answer to your question.

williamsan said:
Weed over alcohol any day, imo. Weed doesn't bring a hangover and you don't have to piss every 20 minutes
I never get a hangover when I drink. (Yay clean vodka and avoiding mixing drinks.) And I piss every 20 minutes anyway cos I drink water all throughout the day.

koam

BowieZ said:
I was just being cute. And probably not much, in answer to your question.

I never get a hangover when I drink. (Yay clean vodka and avoiding mixing drinks.) And I piss every 20 minutes anyway cos I drink water all throughout the day.
Yeah pretty much, no mixing is the best strategy and drink water before going to bed.

Ridli

Booze.

Purely for the aesthetics. You can still look like a badass with a cocktail in your hand. What weed needs is a James Bond to give it some good PR.

Imbarkus

As Sartre noted in his contemplation on Hell in No Exit, the true horror is other members.
koam said:
comparingdangers.png

I dunno man that tolerance stat didn't fit with my experience.

VariantX04

Loser slave of the system :(
Drinking just never does it for me. Laying back with a good friend or two and some hash beats getting drunk any time of the day for me.

Imbarkus said:
I dunno man that tolerance stat didn't fit with my experience.

For me, tolerance with weed pretty quickly caps out with frequent use. I've heard of people smoking and saying it doesn't "get them high", but I've never experienced this in all of my time smoking. Sure, the high is different after constant use, but it is still a high to be respected and enjoyed for its intricacies.

jorma

is now taking requests
koam said:
comparingdangers.png

What pisses me off is that marijuana is perceived as more dangerous because it's illegal. The only reason it's illegal is for racial reasons and not health reasons.

What is the source on this chart? Seems about right according to my experiences except the intoxication part where there probably should be a bigger gap between nicotine and marijuana. (i never tried heroin or cocaine though)

Personally, i gave up alcohol completely in favour of weed mostly because i don't really go out clubbing anymore. I usually smoke daily for two months and then stay clean for two months. Among other things i have noticed that i'm more likely to be in time for work during my weed period since i get more sleep when i've smoked.

It really should be decriminalised.

Imbarkus

As Sartre noted in his contemplation on Hell in No Exit, the true horror is other members.
effingvic said:
Weed for sure. I hate being drunk, plus I always sleep better when I'm baked.

Yeah but you don't dream, or you don't remember them, or whatever. Fucking intense ones hit you when you quit, and you get like a month's worth of 'em before they mellow too.

Or at least that's how it worked for me. Quitting nicotine will screw up your dreams for a while too BTW.

Fuuuu why do I read these threads :lol Never tried weed as I hate the smoking aspect but goddamn if its safer than booze and I drink on average once a week I need to fix this.

If that charts even halfway accurate I feel like a tool for being so anal about weed for years..

Imbarkus

Lard said:
Shrooms > Weed

Every time.

Zoikes!

Hallucinogens seem really fine and dandy, until all of a sudden they don't. Happy to leave those behind me too.

Personally I prefer weed, but for socializing drinking is more or less a requirement. Chic's think guys who just smoke up but don't drink are weird. If we're talking daily use, weed wins for sure. I could never get drunk or drink on a daily basis.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
blame space said:
depends on whether or not I want to socialize with a group.

http://www.fotoshack.us/fotos/182831268165551765.png[IMG][/QUOTE]
from one smoker to another, i can relate. :lol

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
I was just thinking about this recently. You see, lately I haven't been feeling good drinking alcohol. Everytime I drink, I feel physically shitty, especially the next day. Now, I know alot of people here will say that's what happens but I was always able to enjoy drinking and even putting up with the stomach aches the next day. Now, even during drinking, I feel like it's something I force.

Marijuana has always made me feel whacked out. Recently though, I smoked some and actually liked it. I still had that somewhat paranoid, whacked out feeling, but I felt relaxed overall and the best thing is I don't feel like I'm forcing it. I don't have a bad taste in my mouth or wake up with stomach aches. I used to pro-alcohol and anti-pot (personally... I was always for the legalization of marijuana).

Now, however, I want pot more than booze. It sucks, although because 1) it's still illegal here in the state of Nevada and 2) it's not easy to obtain.

Although I can completely understand where the OP is coming from.

blame space said:
That's pretty accurate, unfortunately. Which is why I prefer smoking when I'm alone. It also doesn't help I suffer from high anxiety.

Overall, I really wish there was some legal way of getting the feeling you're on when taking Oxycodone. Yeah, I know they say you can increase your endorphins by doing things such as exercising, but it's nowhere near the same feeling imo.

I seem to do everything in extremes.

I saw what liquor did to my dad in extremes. I'd rather be the extremely passive guy that gets a few things done, then the extremely aggressive guy with no moral compass.

I'm not too fond of smoking, period (it makes my throat raw), so booze.

Plus, weed make someone close to me seriously difficult to deal with.

esquire

Has waited diligently to think of something to say before making this post
The only problem with weed is that you have to put in a lot of effort into it if you want to mitigate the potential negative side effects of it. And even then it's still illegal so you have to be somewhat secretive about it.

I have so many reservations about Alcohol but it's just easier to socialize around it which is the main reason to drink anyway. If I just wanted to feel good all the time I'd just do coke.

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
blame space said:
give him/her nachos
Are they a pothead? If so, I can see his point. A lot of potheads I know are moody and can be difficult people to deal with it, especially when they're dry.

Max@GC

Johnlenham said:
Fuuuu why do I read these threads :lol Never tried weed as I hate the smoking aspect but goddamn if its safer than booze and I drink on average once a week I need to fix this.

If that charts even halfway accurate I feel like a tool for being so anal about weed for years..

Try a space cookie. It´s awesome.

Wark

I like both, but just not at the same time. I turn into a super anti-social douche when I mix the two.

But if I gotta choose, then I'd say booze over weed.

esquire said:
The only problem with weed is that you have to put in a lot of effort into it if you want to mitigate the potential negative side effects of it. And even then it's still illegal so you have to be somewhat secretive about it.

I have so many reservations about Alcohol but it's just easier to socialize around it which is the main reason to drink anyway. If I just wanted to feel good all the time I'd just do coke.

It's much harder to mitigate the negative side effects of a substance that literally makes you retarded, btw.

blame space said:
give him/her nachos

In general people should share love w/ each other more often. Nacho love.

RiskyChris said:
It's much harder to mitigate the negative side effects of a substance that literally makes you retarded, btw.

In general people should share love w/ each other more often. Nacho love.

being retarded is fun

one time i jerked off with nacho cheese.

I've never tried pot but after last night i won't be touching alcohol for a while. Didn't do anything too bad, but i blacked out and playfully slapped one of my friends in the face. This friend lost a tooth earlier in the week so he was sober and my slap was about the same as me stabbing him in the gums pain wise for him. Worst thing is i don't remember even doing it. I remember him telling me not to do it again but thats about it. Black outs scare me. Alcohol is bad.

Yeah i don't know what pot is like but after a few drinks the temptation to go "fuck it, let's get shit faced" and empty my wallet at the bar is too great. I imagine you would know when to stop with pot.

CM McPunk said:
Yeah i don't know what pot is like but after a few drinks the temptation to go "fuck it, let's get shit faced" and empty my wallet at the bar is too great. I imagine you would know when to stop with pot.

Some people don't, but most do. At least those who aren't rich or holding a crazy amount haha. For most, you just get so tired and stupid that the need/thought to smoke more just kinda goes away. Especially if it's with friends who generally don't smoke as much, cause if you know you're high as hell yourself, then they are at least a few leagues beyond. Smoking more at a certain point is wasteful imo.

Not a Jellyfish

but I am a sheep
Weed >>>>> Booze. Hands down, no questions asked.

I have never had a shitty night smoking but have had many shitty nights drinking.

Also to someone who said weed smells like crap, it means you aren't smoking good weed. :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom