• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Booze over weed ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
Has anyone actually ever "overdosed" on marijuana. I mean, you can pretty much overdose on anything but I've never heard of pot killing anybody because they smoked too much. I mean there's gotta be some side effect for going way over the limit on that stuff, eh?

Darkmakaimura said:
Has anyone actually ever "overdosed" on marijuana. I mean, you can pretty much overdose on anything but I've never heard of pot killing anybody because they smoked too much. I mean there's gotta be some side effect for going way over the limit on that stuff, eh?

you might freak yourself out, but no, you can't overdose on marijuana.

I don't much care for alcohol, so in my case weed > alcohol anytime. Doses are generally somewhat self-moderating, even if you're a bit compulsive with the self-medicating, nothing can really go wrong.

edit: As far as comparable drugs go, I prefer GHB to alcohol, but I seem to be a bit of a minority in that. It's at least less toxic than alcohol, too, but like all depressants it's not a good idea to mix them...

VASPER

Banned
CM McPunk said:
Yeah i don't know what pot is like but after a few drinks the temptation to go "fuck it, let's get shit faced" and empty my wallet at the bar is too great. I imagine you would know when to stop with pot.

UM its about the same for me i jsut keep smoking till i pass out, but on the other hand i will pay very close attetion to how much i have had to drink. But thats only becasue i will just keep drinking and get super wasted and get sick because of it, i think it just depends on the person.

Zeliard

Darkmakaimura said:

Yeah, it's called "falling asleep".

esquire

Has waited diligently to think of something to say before making this post
RiskyChris said:
Yeah but hearing that in reference to pot and then seeing praise for alcohol is weird to me, because it's much easier to drink too much than smoke too much.

What? How can I be more clear in the future because I really don't think you understood the message I was trying to convey if that's how you are responding.

esquire said:
What? How can I be more clear in the future because I really don't think you understood the message I was trying to convey if that's how you are responding.

Well either way I'm trying to share my opinion that the negative effects aren't really notable, much less difficult to overcome.

I do neither. I have money. If i do one and/or the other, I will have no money :p

Seriously though, once that stuff gets into my system I know I'll have paid my ticket and be waiting for the bar on the rollercoaster to come down and take me away. I've never smoked anything and I rarely drink, but hey, I'm better off. Each to their own. I just can't see myself in good relations with other people, prospective employers, family, the law and myself if I do any of that :p

smoothj

smoke weed when relaxing at the pad specially after work.. but for sure drink when going out.. smoke in the morning to cure any hangover.

Dipper145

I like smoking weed with people I know really well as can just relax with easily.

I like drinking when I'm with people I don't know as well because it makes me less self-conscious.

Dipper145 said:
I like smoking weed with people I know really well as can just relax with easily.

I like drinking when I'm with people I don't know as well because it makes me less self-conscious.
You're avatar totally reminded me of this.

Darkmakaimura said:

I don't think that's possible with Marihuana. You would have to smoke/eat a couple kilos.

It's possible to get so stoned that you feel like puking and getting panic attacks tho. But even these situations you can overcome by just sitting down and relaxing.

I used to eat hash joghurts and from my expereince it didn't made a difference to eat half a gram more or less. When you are stoned as fuck you are stoned as fuck. Can't get any higher with a higher dosage.

Dai Kaiju

onemic said:
Weed>>>>booze by far. Most that say different usually have never smoked weed before.

Yeah, no. I used to smoke weed every day in high school. Being a social butterfly and losing your inhibitions>>>>>>> getting sleepy and giggling at stuff. Though that might be because I'm so shy when I'm sober...

C4Lukins

I have never had a positive experience with weed, and it is kind of strange how many times I have smoked it knowing that. Something about the way I am built just does not react well with it. It does the opposite of relaxing me and makes me completely incapable of having a cohesive discussion with anyone. I just get stuck in my own head in a very negative way.

So far I'd put Oxycodone (at low doeses) over both weed and booze.

I had it for my back pain and it didn't make me tired. Made me more social/talkative and everything was funny. And no headaches or hangovers the next day. Not that I really get them with alcohol either, I don't drink enough.

AlternativeUlster

Absolutely pathetic part deux
discocaine said:
cocaine > everything

Thumbs-Up.jpg

CENOBITE

wormstrangler said:

I had it for my back pain and it didn't make me tired. Made me more social/talkative and everything was funny. And no headaches or hangovers the next day. Not that I really get them with alcohol either, I don't drink enough.

and that's why Oxycodone, a synthetic opium, is harder to quit than Heroin.

Wiki
the drug can cause impotence, enlarged prostate gland, and decreased testosterone secretion

Have fun with that, dude.

AvidNobody said:
I'm very inexperienced in both, but weed, easily.

btw is it like SUPER bad to smoke using a can?

Man just buy some glass or at least some rolling papers. The jury is still out on it but I wouldn't fuck with aluminium. The colored coating on the outside of the can can't help, either.

umop_3pisdn said:
Man just buy some glass or at least some rolling papers. The jury is still out on it but I wouldn't fuck with aluminium. The colored coating on the outside of the can can't help, either.

Alright man. Yeah I guess better safe than sorry.

AvidNobody said:
Alright man. Yeah I guess better safe then sorry.

Also, a better makeshift pipe can be made from an apple. Just rip out the step from the top part, if there is one, ram a pencil or something down the center of the core, but stop before reaching the end. Make another hole, connecting to the former channel you made from the top, but this time in the side of the apple. Fill the top thing where the stem was with weed like you would a bowl, spark, inhale from the hole in the side. Obviously it's not a permanent solution, but it works for spontaneous toking.

Edit: More on aluminium... it really isn't good for us, which is surprising considering how much it is used everywhere. It's suspected that we absorb most of the harmful aluminium through our diet, and it's not known how much 'smoking' aluminium will do, but with anything like that... aluminium foil bowls/screens, chasing the dragon, etc. It just doesn't seem worth it, to me. There's supposedly a link between aluminium and alzheimers.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
umop_3pisdn said:
Also, a better makeshift pipe can be made from an apple. Just rip out the step from the top part, if there is one, ram a pencil or something down the center of the core, but stop before reaching the end. Make another hole, connecting to the former channel you made from the top, but this time in the side of the apple. Fill the top thing where the stem was with weed like you would a bowl, spark, inhale from the hole in the side. Obviously it's not a permanent solution, but it works for spontaneous toking.

McGuyver?

Shurs

Imbarkus said:
i no one ever gets into stupid deadly fist fights, or rockets down the wrong side of a highway and creams a family of four, or croaks in the hostpital with charcoal vainly pumped through their stomach because they smoked too much weed.

I have plenty of friends who have gotten into accidents while high.

wormstrangler said:

Yeah, Oxycodone is pretty great. I'd never rate it above weed (in the end), but it's really not something you should directly compare (just like alcohol vs weed in actual effects, but perhaps in social culture is comparable in terms of use and accepted behavior) . It's definitely its own high and I really like it for that. Plus there are a couple of levels associated with the high, so it's pleasing in several aspects.

You should try Kratom if you like Oxycodone for the effects you listed.

CENOBITE said:

Wiki

Seriously, quit hating man. A little OC here and there ain't going to do anything like that. Well, temporary impotence at higher doses, yeah. But that's a completely expected (and sometimes desirable) effect of the drug.

desa

There's a reason why they say weed is a miracle plant, the gift from the gods. You can't compose no eargasm music on booze. You can't paint no visual orgies on booze. You can't have no body convulsing orgasms on booze. You can't have your taste buds moonwalk on no booze. You can't have no... on and on like Eryka Badu.

Although I prefer alcohol in most social settings or to get "stupid" sometimes.

WanderingWind said:
McGuyver?

Nah I heard about it from someone else, but it works really well! :lol In my senior year of highschool me and my friends would get high at school all the time, we were like the 'nerd-stoners' of our year (most of us were in the student newspaper, lol) and by that time all our classes were absurdly easy and no one gave a shit about school anymore. It became something of a ritual.

But we rarely had a bowl or even papers with us. So we'd go to the student services office where they'd have a free bowl of fruit sitting there, grab an apple (and sometimes an orange... which doesn't work as well) and then walk over to the neighbouring park :lol

Bleh, suddenly I'm all reminiscent. Grade twelve was the best. Never again will there be such a total lack of actual responsibility.

desa

umop_3pisdn said:

I've done this in my younger days. It's awesome. Plus you can eat the apple afterwards. An organic pipe and a healthy munchie!

CENOBITE said:

Wiki

I will have fun. I'm all about moderation! I haven't had any since my prescription ran out before Christmas.

Alucrid

Banned
So whenever I smoke I never really get "high." I often share a joint with a friend and he always gets it good, his customary action is "feeling is pants." Not feeling with his hands, but every time he moves he feels the fabric or some shit, I don't know, he's high. Me, nothing ever happens...I'm just normal. I mean, I've had a whole joint, numerous hits from a bowl, etc. Nada. Maybe I need treats.

Darkmakaimura said:

I think you have to some your body weight or something...good luck with that. :lol

Alucrid said:
So whenever I smoke I never really get "high." I often share a joint with a friend and he always gets it good, his customary action is "feeling is pants." Not feeling with his hands, but every time he moves he feels the fabric or some shit, I don't know, he's high. Me, nothing ever happens...I'm just normal. I mean, I've had a whole joint, numerous hits from a bowl, etc. Nada. Maybe I need treats.
Might not be inhaling it right. Sometimes takes a while to get it.

Alucrid

Banned
Desaparecido said:
Might not be inhaling it right. Sometimes takes a while to get it.

I just let it in my mouth without inhaling, then slowly let it into my lungs, keep it there for as long as I can then let out. Dunno, I've been at it for a while too.

Alucrid said:
I just let it in my mouth without inhaling, then slowly let it into my lungs, keep it there for as long as I can then let out. Dunno, I've been at it for a while too.
Not saying that's it, but it's worth looking into if you're interested.

Esch

Banned
Yeah, about OC's and other PK's... That shit is bad bad news, I know too many kids hooked on it.

To answer the topic title.... Make the decision based on what you're gonna do with it. You wanna chill, or go out?

Imbarkus

As Sartre noted in his contemplation on Hell in No Exit, the true horror is other members.
Shurs said:
I have plenty of friends who have gotten into accidents while high.

Courtesy of Bill Hicks:

"Yeah, but you're only going, like, five miles an hour."

'Dude, we hit something.'
'Forgot to open the garage door, man.'
'We gotta open the garage door so Dominos knows we're home!' "

EDIT: Seriously, driving is best sober. Hope none of your friends got greatly hurt. It's just that it's the drinkers who get going 80 mph before they pass out and cross the double yellow, IMO.

MaestroRyan said:
As someone who had to seek treatment for painkiller addiction, I would suggest you quit being an idiot. You will not realize you're hooked.

It isn't worth it.

Okay, and I see alcoholics everyday spending their single dollars on beer above all else, or those who can't stop shaking because they haven't had their morning 4pack yet.

Should we all stop drinking?

I've used synthetic opiates as recreation for over 6 years now, I'm pretty sure I have a handle on what it is.

Edit: I'm not trying to belittle your experience or say it isn't valid testimony, just that it's not indicative of all opiate use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom