• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT2| You missed the Conference Call, next time don't Bee late.

zatara

For those that have played both the 360 and the PS3 version, does anyone notice draw in with the PS3 version especially with foliage? I had the 360 version about a month ago and got a PS3 now and I don't remember it being this bad, I just hope my ps3 isn't acting up on me.

Prodigal

Banned
Do you guys think it'd be more fun to do the new DLC's with a maxed out character or an alt that's 30 or below? I feel like even if I played them on my level 50 dude I wouldn't be getting many better items than I already have anyway.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Sounds like you would be better off grinding torgue tokens for your first few legendaries. Also get a bee if you don't already have one. I've been farming the warrior for 2 days and no legendaries. I need to replace my old conference call with a bigger one. I want to solo all the raid bosses before its too late. At first I thought the unkempt Harold was dog shit, but upclose it is basically a one hit kill on any enemy so yeah, definitely feeling it now.

...this sounds exactly like the reasons I quit WoW. Is there a lot of grinding in this game?

Inskipp

...this sounds exactly like the reasons I quit WoW. Is there a lot of grinding in this game?
Only for specific high-end gear (orange & above). You can acquire good purple grade gear while playing in regular fashion pretty easily.

F#A#Oo

Banned
Is Mad Moxxi's tipping thing unlimited?

So if I tipped her at level 12 and got the bad-ish gun and tipped her again for the good one...Can I then tip her later for re-levelled guns?

FerranMG

Is Mad Moxxi's tipping thing unlimited?

So if I tipped her at level 12 and got the bad-ish gun and tipped her again for the good one...Can I then tip her later for re-levelled guns?

More or less.
She only gives you once the first gun (I think it's the Bad Touch).
You can keep on tipping her, and she'll give you the second one (Good Touch?) again and again leveled to match yours.

More or less.
She only gives you once the first gun (I think it's the Bad Touch).
You can keep on tipping her, and she'll give you the second one (Good Touch?) again and again leveled to match yours.

The corrosive one is the only one that matters. That thing melts robots.

one_kill

What's the best way to power level a character.

I have a lvl 50 Siren, and I'd like to level fast a Commando and a Gunzerker to get the achievements related to their skills.
If you're on PS3 or 360, the best way is the Fleshstick method. Go to sites dedicated to trophy or achievement hunting to hopefully find someone who can help you out.

If I can remember correctly, Gunzerker needs to be at level 25 or 26 to get the right amount of skill points. As for Axton, you just need to grind 100 turret kills.

Do you guys think it'd be more fun to do the new DLC's with a maxed out character or an alt that's 30 or below? I feel like even if I played them on my level 50 dude I wouldn't be getting many better items than I already have anyway.
It's more fun to play the DLC in PT1 with a character at level 50 because you're overpowered like crazy! The only missions that might give you trouble in PT1 are the raid bosses and the tier 3 rematch battles.

Griding in this game is attached to getting better gear, leveling, getting badass points, and trophy/achievement hunting.

Krelian

I don't see golden key posts anymore. Anyway, here's a new one:

PS3: C3WBT-TX6C3-T55CB-HTWTJ-KZHB5
PC: 535JT-SBJ5C-WF33J-JBTBT-Z35WX
X360: KJKJ3-ZBT3F-F9RB6-56JTB-ZKZXF

If anyone needs some power leveling done on ps3, my flesh stick is level 50 so you can gain levels quickly. Just grab my bee and a Shotty and have a gay old time.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Just started playing my Black Friday copy. I'm on chapter 5 I think (where I have to chase Claptrap onto the boat), and holy shit everything about this game pisses me off. The aiming is shit, the enemies are annoying, the starting guns are terrible, and the difficulty feels like it was built around co-op. The first boss I fought almost killed me, and the encounter design generally boils down to "throw lots of enemies at the player." Maybe this game is more fun in co-op, but right now I'm reaaaaally not feeling it. I would be really pissed right now if I hadn't only spent $25 on this.

madhtr

Just started playing my Black Friday copy. I'm on chapter 5 I think (where I have to chase Claptrap onto the boat), and holy shit everything about this game pisses me off. The aiming is shit, the enemies are annoying, the starting guns are terrible, and the difficulty feels like it was built around co-op. The first boss I fought almost killed me, and the encounter design generally boils down to "throw lots of enemies at the player." Maybe this game is more fun in co-op, but right now I'm reaaaaally not feeling it. I would be really pissed right now if I hadn't only spent $25 on this.

If you hates the difficulty already, be prepared to break a controller or two when you reach the first mini-boss in the Highlands. Only reason I don't count it as a boss, it because there is no introduction to the enemy.... it just attacks, and you will get pissed off.

Jezbollah

Did you play the first game? You're barely scratching the surface but the start you do feel very underpowered - because you're low level.

This game is all about thinking innovatively if you are underpowered, raging Goliaths to kill other mobs, using the right weapon against the correct enemy and looting the shit out of everything. This game is brilliant at rewarding you for your perseverance - and to be honest you havent barely started the game till you've got to Sanctuary

(also, sign up for Shift and start redeeming the Shift keys that the kind folks here have posted - you will get purple weapons from the gold chest near the Sanctuary fast travel point)

one_kill

The game starts off slow, but it does get better. Play PT1 in coop. You can at least have the backing of other players. Don't worry about the loot so much in PT1.

In firefights, you can always run away for a moment and go back. The enemies only respawn when you quit the game.

Got lvl 50. Now what ? Find partners to farm the lvl 50 boss ? Or look for legendaries first ? Anything I should look for ? Class mod ? Specific gun ? Shield ? (I play maya)

one_kill

Got lvl 50. Now what ? Find partners to farm the lvl 50 boss ? Or look for legendaries first ? Anything I should look for ? Class mod ? Specific gun ? Shield ? (I play maya)
My siren has a legendary siren mod, a tediore allegiance relic (damage and mag size increase), a couple of baby makers, and the sham. I've also given her the leech grenade since she doesn't regenerate health.

The tediore reload trick helps a lot during boss fights. Although you can do it with any character, it helps that I can easily pull enemies together and slag them.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Alright thanks for the tips, I'll try playing in co-op and signing up for Shift (whatever it is). I was just expecting a pretty chill game but I was surprised to get my ass handed to me within 20 minutes of starting up the game. It was a shock to say the least.

Should I be farming the leviathan treasure room instead of the warrior? I've been farming him for 5 days and gotten no legendaries... I did get some decent purples but still...

one_kill

That's odd, it's been over 2 weeks since PC got patched. I was under the impression that the consoles would have been patched by now.
I reckon the game will be patched when the third DLC is about to come out.

Should I be farming the leviathan treasure room instead of the warrior? I've been farming him for 5 days and gotten no legendaries... I did get some decent purples but still...
Yeah, you'll have more luck farming the leviathan treasure room. I haven't done it myself (since I did it wrong), but I've heard success stories from a lot of players.

one85x

It's not a guarantee every time you do it. I got stuck the first few times and gave up.
It definitely takes some practice to be able to do consistently. What I found out is that the location of the elevator depends entirely on which direction you're holding the analog stick. For example, if you're holding it straight up, then the elevator will be somewhere to the northwest, and if you're holding "W+A", then the elevator will be somewhere to the north. Most tutorials don't realize this and just end up telling you to look at random rock formations and jump.

Jezbollah

It's not a guarantee every time you do it. I got stuck the first few times and gave up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rK2RAHt1Z-k

I used this method tonight for the first time, Got in all but once (tried it a dozen times) and got two legendaries. I find this method excellent.

Also, to add - I started using a secondary account and level 1 players in split-screen to use as 12 slot banks for my purples. I emptied my main char backpack into one of those characters for storage, logged out of that account and got my first legendary after that. I dont know if that's a coincidence or not...

After only three openings I already grabbed my first legendary, the legendary shield vlad. Fittingly enough one of the drops the warrior is supposed to have. Found some lousy e-techs, but so far just getting that one legendary gives me hope. Looking forward to picking up a conference call, hopefully neutral element or electric, I want to farm raid bosses by myself.

Holy fuck, the amplify bonus and the bee shield combined will make farming such a chore now. A level 50 CC with the bee will still clean up, but yeah, ouch. Definitely going to stay logged out for as long as possible or at least until I kill the raid bosses. I checked, but does the patch fix the treasure room glitch as well? I just started doing it haha, so I'm definitely not updating until I get mine. Found a gunerang, pretty neat little pistol.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
I keep up with them here: Link type thing right here

Edit: Scroll to the bottom for latest codes.

Thanks to this I now have 7 keys. What should I do with them? I'm currently level 12. Should I save them until I get to a point in the game where I'm stuck and I need a better gun?

Anyway I played some more of this game yesterday and I'm starting to warm up to it after my very negative first impressions. I think part of it was I played a little bit of co-op, which was more fun than playing solo, but it also meant the game lost pretty much all of its campaign momentum (people were turning in missions so fast I had no idea what the hell was going on). But I also ended up joining a level 50 player's game for a few seconds and jumped instantly from level 6 to level 12, so now I'm a little over-leveled for my quests, but that's good because it makes the game slightly easier and more enjoyable. Plus I picked up a few good guns so combat is also more enjoyable. I may have misjudged this one, but I'll see where the rest of the game takes me.

Thanks to this I now have 7 keys. What should I do with them? I'm currently level 12. Should I save them until I get to a point in the game where I'm stuck and I need a better gun?

Anyway I played some more of this game yesterday and I'm starting to warm up to it after my very negative first impressions. I think part of it was I played a little bit of co-op, which was more fun than playing solo, but it also meant the game lost pretty much all of its campaign momentum (people were turning in missions so fast I had no idea what the hell was going on). But I also ended up joining a level 50 player's game for a few seconds and jumped instantly from level 6 to level 12, so now I'm a little over-leveled for my quests, but that's good because it makes the game slightly easier and more enjoyable. Plus I picked up a few good guns so combat is also more enjoyable. I may have misjudged this one, but I'll see where the rest of the game takes me.

the one thing about co-op is that when you jump back into solo, the game will ask if you want to skip the quests that were turned in during co-op or play them again. as long as you don't skip....you should be able to do all the story quests.

I'd save the keys to a) when you get stuck or b) after lvl 50.

I opened a gold chest and got an eTech Plasma caster at level 50. Also a nice gatling gun. Second time I got 2 level 50 pistols that do a ton of damage.

I opened a gold chest and got an eTech Plasma caster at level 50. Also a nice gatling gun. Second time I got 2 level 50 pistols that do a ton of damage.

i've noticed a lot of etech stuff in there after lvl 50. got a sniper, smg, and ar all etech. all fairly awesome. EATS through ammo though

Krelian

I also got an awesome Plasma Caster from the golden chest. I usually avoid weapons that consume 2 ammo per shot, but it's just too good to ignore. It has corrosive elemental damage.

I liked the core idea of the Torgue DLC but thought it was pretty disappointing. I was hoping for tougher enemies from a second DLC, but everyone was just fodder. I stomped all over them and barely got any exp from it. On top of that, the loot was very underwhelming, I didn't even get any of the prizes for beating Piston Pete for some reason. Just gave me the loot-splosion dialogue, but nothing came out.

Top Bottom