• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bound announced (PS4) (The game behind Sony Santa Monica last teasers)

Just got back from a trip to burger king. They're showing it on Playstation twitch stream.

Not sure how long it's been on for...it might be almost over.

Edit: Yeah it just ended...

Comes out 2016 they said at the end.

Raylan

Banned
So good. The animation and the artstyle. I love it. Can't wait to see more. Really reminds me of the good old PSX and PS2 days. Those freaky and different games. Just look at 100ft Robot Golf. Can't get enough of them.

Game4life

Banned
"We removed falling while walking of the edge, We removed the penalty for falling, We removed puzzle elements as well because we wanted you to focus on this story"

Yeah I am out.

Shame considering its such a lovely looking game but unfortunately that is all they want to focus on.

kyser73

"We removed falling while walking of the edge, We removed the penalty for falling, We removed puzzle elements as well because we wanted you to focus on this story"

Yeah I am out.

Shame considering its such a lovely looking game but unfortunately that is all they want to focus on.

It's essentially what Journey did though. There are no real puzzles, no real way to 'die' although you can fall...

Afrikan

I was laying on one of the bean bags when they had the panel with the devs.

The main dev fella came to my section after the interview and let me hold their miniature character model. I wished them the best. Asked if he was giving me the item..lol.. which wasn't the case...lol.

Game looks and moves so Beautiful....reminded me of my love for Unfinished Swan.

edit- Also I don't know what type of projector Sony had set up for that section....projecting on that black wall, but it look so damn good...that I'm interested in projectors again.

KooopaKid

Banned
Interesting visual skin but I didn't think the gameplay would be this traditional.
Other than the dance moves, the platforming looks to be really by the numbers.

Interesting visual skin but I didn't think the gameplay would be this traditional.
Other than the dance moves, the platforming looks to be really by the numbers.
Did you read the interview? They said they've removed the puzzles and typical "you can fall off the ledge" elements because it's a very narrative driven experience. It's not a traditional game at all from what I've gathered.

Definitely does look like a Journey experience. Where a story will be told through the gameplay, but minimalistic in nature. The dancing concepts look absolutely beautiful. Very universal themes, I hope it finds its intended audience, I appreciate the premise.

Top Bottom