• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bound announced (PS4) (The game behind Sony Santa Monica last teasers)

Shin-Ra

All the fades between shots makes it difficult to GIF well.

BoundSSR.gif

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Though I don't get the purpose of the teasing. Why tease something with bit images when it turns out that it's something brand new that no one could have possibly guessed. Especially as a big developer like SSM, a tease like that was bound to drive hopes of something from their own stable of games.

I think they would have been better off just announcing it at PSX or TGA. After all that teasing, this comes off as a big "Oh. Huh." reveal.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Some of the posts here are killing me. Some of the guys here don't really seem to read the OP.

I'm glad to see Plastic doing stuff. I really liked Linger in Shadows. Hope to see more of it soon.

crimilde

Banned
This kind of thing is the biggest reason I bought a PS4: the professional quality experimental games. Stuff like Unfinished Swan, Flower, Journey, and now Bound is a big part of what (for me) sets PlayStation apart from its competitors.

Even modern stuff from Naughty Dog is boundary pushing and, in many ways, feels so experimental and constantly crossing new thresholds. I had (have) never played anything like Last of Us. In its prime, that's how I felt about Uncharted 2.

And, I'm sure, how I'll feel about The Last Guardian. And Rime. And Firewatch.

PlayStation games are just so interesting.

I love this and it makes me happy and excited to be a player.

I feel exactly the same way, it's like you read my mind.
Very intrigued by this game, it's looking lovely so far. I'm in!

Luke_Wal

The fact that they announced this now hopefully bodes well for PSX. Santa Monica collaborations are usually kind of a big deal, so them getting this out of the way early like this could mean that they have some good stuff up their sleeve for Saturday.

This kind of thing is the biggest reason I bought a PS4: the professional quality experimental games. Stuff like Unfinished Swan, Flower, Journey, and now Bound is a big part of what (for me) sets PlayStation apart from its competitors.

Even modern stuff from Naughty Dog is boundary pushing and, in many ways, feels so experimental and constantly crossing new thresholds. I had (have) never played anything like Last of Us. In its prime, that's how I felt about Uncharted 2.

And, I'm sure, how I'll feel about The Last Guardian. And Rime. And Firewatch.

PlayStation games are just so interesting.

I love this and it makes me happy and excited to be a player.

Don't forget The Tomorrow Children

AndyD

aka andydumi
Definitely feels like a PSVR game/experience to me. Mainly because of the simpler geometry, bright colors, high detail and effects which can be impressive in a sleek, smooth VR experience. Really nice and really pushing boundaries, which is a trademark for them.

sn00zer

Definitely feels like a PSVR game/experience to me. Mainly because of the simpler geometry, bright colors, high detail and effects which can be impressive in a sleek, smooth VR experience. Really nice and really pushing boundaries, which is a trademark for them.

Absolutely... was going to make a similar post

Aslo these guys are from demoscene which is basically using tricks to do insane things with hardware

Wabba

This reminds me of something from Media Molecules, Dreams. It has the same art style with blocky graphics.

I was hoping Plastic's next game would be a PSVR game but this actually looks interesting. Hopefully they show off gameplay over this weekend.

eFKac

I was hoping Plastic's next game would be a PSVR game but this actually looks interesting. Hopefully they show off gameplay over this weekend.

Yeah, thought it would be as well.

Datura is basically "VR ready" as it is, it would be cool if Sony ported it, I liked the game, would have replayed it.

Top Bottom