• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bound announced (PS4) (The game behind Sony Santa Monica last teasers)

So if it's an actual game and not just demoscene wankery like Linger in Shadows was, it might be cool. I like artsy-fartsy games. But they have to actually be games.

Calm yourself. I think it looks great, but the average gamer these day will look at that a think it's "shit". So sadly, it is likely to bomb.
Define "bomb".

You guys and your unrealistic sales expectations. This game doesn't need 20 million to be successful. Hell, it doesn't even need 5 million. Stop expecting Skyrim and COD numbers out of every game and maybe "bomb" wouldn't be your vernacular as much :/

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
Wow this is a disappointment.

Was really hoping it was God of War 4 to continue off of the cliffhanger ending from the 3rd game. All those rumors about GOW4 using Norse mythology had me excited. This just looks like a budget Journey.

Zukuu

Banned
Doesn't seem interesting to me. More like a budget indie platformer... my "favorite" kind of games. Urgh.

4Tran

I don't know how many games like this I'll actually play, but I'm glad that Sony is willing to fund titles like this. On a personal level I appreciate games like this more than I would most AAA games.

Despera

Banned
So if it's an actual game and not just demoscene wankery like Linger in Shadows was, it might be cool. I like artsy-fartsy games. But they have to actually be games.
Spent a little less than 50 cents to play that thing, and I still regret that purchase to this day lol.

Can't get excited for this without seeing gameplay.

Guymelef

Was really hoping it was God of War 4 to continue off of the cliffhanger ending from the 3rd game. All those rumors about GOW4 using Norse mythology had me excited. This just looks like a budget Journey.

Can't believe there are people here that still doesn't know that Santa Monica is a videogames producer as well.

Read my good sir read!! Lol. This is not their game..6 Pages in lol

Calm yourself. I think it looks great, but the average gamer these day will look at that a think it's "shit". So sadly, it is likely to bomb.

The average player will buy Call of Duty and a sports game. We know far too little about this game to make any accurate predictions about whether or not it will bomb with the crowd that actually buys this kind of game.

LuuKyK

Santa Monica is only helping this game get done. They do this a lot with a number of different developers. There is nothing stopping them from developing or announcing a new GoW soon.

Tagyhag

Hopefully it's good. I love the art atyle, but it's hard to trust video game companies to pull off a good mature story.

Ricky_R

Generally you announce things when you feel they will get the most attention.

It will probably be quite a while before we see anything out of them.

barlogvgj83.png

I don't believe you, Cory.

This kind of thing is the biggest reason I bought a PS4: the professional quality experimental games. Stuff like Unfinished Swan, Flower, Journey, and now Bound is a big part of what (for me) sets PlayStation apart from its competitors...

...PlayStation games are just so interesting.

I love this and it makes me happy and excited to be a player.

Yep. Experimental, quirky, and more access to Japanese games are among my main reasons too.

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
Sorta reminds me of Lily Bergamo ...

UH HUH HONEY

RK128

The fact this is a 3D platformer has me very interested; nice seeing the genre slowly coming back through Kickstarter projects and indie games :).

The game's look is very nice and I am wondering what the mechanics are going to bring; the teaser looked like the person was very flexible, so I am wondering if we are going to have parkour elements or whatnot.

Looking forward to seeing more at the PSX this Saturday :).

prwxv3

This is not their internal game bro. Do you not know how SSM works?

Colin would have a seizure reading this thread.

This kind of thing is the biggest reason I bought a PS4: the professional quality experimental games. Stuff like Unfinished Swan, Flower, Journey, and now Bound is a big part of what (for me) sets PlayStation apart from its competitors.

Even modern stuff from Naughty Dog is boundary pushing and, in many ways, feels so experimental and constantly crossing new thresholds. I had (have) never played anything like Last of Us. In its prime, that's how I felt about Uncharted 2.

And, I'm sure, how I'll feel about The Last Guardian. And Rime. And Firewatch.

PlayStation games are just so interesting.

I love this and it makes me happy and excited to be a player.
My feelings exactly.

But... I really wanted Lord of the Dance!

I really like what I'm seeing. But I need to see more. The art direction, and mechanics look very interesting. In a good way.

Samemind

Looking forward to it cause dancing as a main focus is shockingly scarce in video games. I feel like there should have been more games by now that fuse dancing with more traditional gameplay.

PS I'd love to be proven wrong, btw

Pachimari

Disappointing? Well you guys...

This looks fantastic. I love artistic games, and this have a very nice premise of being a platformer and having one big puzzle for the community. I like it.

You guys will get your God of War IV but Bound looks good on its own too.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Ah that's great. Cool looking game, enjoy the aesthetic and art.
Fuuuuccckkkkk, have to change some things in my senior thesis so I don't get sued. Holy coincidence man. ._.

Jacob4815

I think that a "NOT CORY'S GAME" note should be added in the first post or the title.
It's obvious but people don't understand.

Yes it was all speculation.

Most of the speculation centered around the continuation of an existing IP( Sly, GoW)

The game looks fine. It just doesn't make sense as to why they would tease odd parts of an image with implications that the public could guess it.

Top Bottom