• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Boxing Discussion

TheChits

Cotto impressed me in that he made it entertaining, but Floyd Mayweather is an athletic freak. As much as I hate the dude, he has some incredible skills. A damn shame we'll never get him and Pacman

untitled-8xfjnn.gif

untitled-9ofkfw.gif

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
He was instigating like a mother for sure. Even after getting an apology.

Great, great match - too bad Cotto wasn't consistent from the beginning, would have been crazy to see history made.

Money May being classy in the second interview, hahaha!

Amazes me that Floyd let Cotto fight his style of fight for 10 rounds and still out boxed him. Really feels like Floyd and Manny are in a class by themselves right now.

Also looking forward to Freddy Roach telling us Manny did it better with the 12th round TKO like he did with Hatton lol

abuC

Amazes me that Floyd let Cotto fight his style of fight for 10 rounds and still out boxed him. Really feels like Floyd and Manny are in a class by themselves right now.

Also looking forward to Freddy Roach telling us Manny did it better with the 12th round TKO like he did with Hatton lol

I like the little shot Floyd took at Manny when mentioning it wasn't at a catch-weight.

Well, it's true

DominoKid

Back from a bar full of Mayweather haters, that was amusing as shit.

Comfortable win, but Mayweather's strategy baffled the fuck out of me. I kinda expected him to come out of the corner around the the 7th or 8th but he never really did.

and Miss Jackson... *strokes goatee*

abuC

Considering Manny dominated Cotto, that's not much of a shot

Miguel fought Manny at 144lbs, he hadn't been under 145lbs in 3 years prior to that fight.

Manny has had some dominant performances, but lets not act like he isn't the catchweight king forcing guys to fight him at weights they either haven't fought at, or have trouble making weight at.

Buzzati

Banned
Miguel fought Manny at 144lbs, he hadn't been under 145lbs in 3 years prior to that fight.

Manny has had some dominant performances, but lets not act like he isn't the catchweight king forcing guys to fight him at weights they either haven't fought at, or have trouble making weight at.

It's either Manny is forcing people to fight at a lower weight, or he's using performance enhancing drugs to bulk up lean mass in an impossible frame of time. You can't win with these guys.

It's either Manny is forcing people to fight at a lower weight, or he's using performance enhancing drugs to bulk up lean mass in an impossible frame of time. You can't win with these guys.

Why can't both be the case? It's not like the contradict each other. Manny is undersized for the weight classes he fights at. He was fighting at 120 lbs 10 years ago.

Baby Milo

this is actually a promotional no lose scenario really. mexico vs puerto rico, guaranteed action fight. It could probably sell as a PPV with another big event attached.

yup than winner can fight floyd. money in the bank

Next big fight is Bradley-Pac

Who you guys picking?

jergrah

Yeah, I updated with weight. Khan has talked about moving up before. I'm not sure how light Alvarez has fought before -- not sure if he could drop to 147 or not. Still a fight I'd like to see.

Exactly. Pacman can't get a free pass no matter what.

if you really don't think there is a "smoke there's fire" situation, and something fishy going on with Manny and PEDs, has anyone been able to explain this:

Teddy Atlas detailed information (watch the replay on ESPN 360 if you want to hear it in his own words, also some good action in the main event) about a source close to the negotiations who claims to have seen emails sent from Pacquiao's camp to the Mayweather people.

The first email allegedly asked what the penalty would be if Manny tested positive. The second requested that a potential positive test from Pacquiao be kept secret for the benefit of boxing.

If Manny was 100% clean why would this even be brought up?'

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...s-out-of-the-sand-manny-has-something-to-hide

Buzzati

Banned
Why can't both be the case? It's not like the contradict each other. Manny is undersized for the weight classes he fights at. He was fighting at 120 lbs 10 years ago.

He conquered those weight classes. Tim Bradley is shorter than Pacquiao, has climbed the weight ladder, and he fights at Welterweight. What do you think about that?

abuC

No, the performance enhancing is speculation, the catchweights are fact.

Don't think Khan can handle Canelo.

I think Khan will beat Peterson and then go up to 147 in the fall. Don't think Floyd will fight until end of the year/early next year now and if Khan wins his bout at 147 well I can see that being Floyds next fight. Which he will win with ease.

He conquered those weight classes. Tim Bradley is shorter than Pacquiao, has climbed the weight ladder, and he fights at Welterweight. What do you think about that?

When Bradley has his camp send email's to his opponents asking them to keep a potential positive drug test secret, maybe I'll be a little more suspicious of him too.

Buzzati

Banned
When Bradley has his camp send email's to his opponents asking them to keep a potential positive drug test secret, maybe I'll be a little more suspicious of him too.

If those e-mail rumors are true, then why hasn't the Mayweather camp (who claims to have received them) publicly posted them?

If those e-mail rumors are true, then why hasn't the Mayweather camp (who claims to have received them) publicly posted them?

Why hasn't Manny's people publicly denounced them? Teddy Atlas isn't exactly known to make shit up.

Again, I don't know if Manny is testing, but people need to stop acting like Floyd is bringing this up out of nowhere. It might just be a negotiating tactic, or an attempt to get into Manny's head, but where there is smoke there is fire in almost all instances. People need to stop acting like this is really about Floyd and Manny anyway, and not their massive teams of promoters that basically tell them who/what/when/where to fight and don't want to see their golden geese disappear. Why make these guys fight now, when they can string us all along fighting a rotating stream of cans and fool us into paying $60 to watch it with the hope that this will be the last time before the eventual "Super Fight"?

TheNatural

My Member!
if you really don't think there is a "smoke there's fire" situation, and something fishy going on with Manny and PEDs, has anyone been able to explain this:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...s-out-of-the-sand-manny-has-something-to-hide

Easy explanation: it's bleacher report first off, anyone can write that. Second, anyone from Mayweather's camp can claim knowledge over anything. Look at tonight, the guy is a PR machine. He went on some weird rant about protecting his health before this fight and about Pacquaio not doing anything for the American people. Someone that's a "source" could be in Mayweather's camp and make whatever the fuck they want up.

Floyd Mayweather could tell me the sky was blue and I would have to go outside and check to make sure, that's how much credibility the guy has. He's a bullshitter. The guy has also been sued civillly for defamation by Pacquaio and refused to show up for deposition. You figure a guy so adament about claiming he used steroids would show up to lay the hammer down but he chickened out, and Golden Boy themselves settled.

This fight is never going to happen, so there's no point arguing it. Both sides have pieces of shit involved that you can't trust the word of, you have Arum on one side, and you have Mayweather on the other.

I don't know what Pacquaio has going on or what he does, and I don't think his camp is clean and clear about things with Bob Arum running the show either. What I don't understand however, is how people can sit back and act like big Mayweather supporters over this issue and back Floyd over an ethical issue and his claims about what he says is happening. He changes his story constantly. One say it's Arum, one day it's his health, one day it's testing, and one day its 60/40 split.

And most of all I can't understand anyone supporting this guy when HE'S GOING TO JAIL FOR BEATING UP A WOMAN. How in the blue fuck can anyone believe anything this guy says? You support Mayweather, you support a piece of shit woman abuser, period. There's no other way around it.

The Mayweather ass kissing train is old. I don't think Pacquaio's camp is fine and dandy, I think Arum's a piece of shit, and I think Manny lost to Marquez - but I sure as hell am not going to believe, much less ROOT for a piece of shit like Mayweather.

Nothing would make me happier to see this fight fall apart for good in some way or some how, be it by retirement, injury, or whatever else.

Top Bottom