• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'Boys will be boys': Pyjama top pulled after parent complaint

VertigoOA

Banned
“Excuses behavior based on gender”

Give me a fucking break. Yes boys will be boys. Fucking obviously. Somehow that equates to rape?

Lunacy.

Fellow boys here... we are all rapists obviously.

Ever brawl with your siblings? Rapist!

Ever piss on the sidewalk while writing your name while drunk? Rapist

Ever lift weights or play sports? Rapist

Some of my favorite memories in my life is me and my brother beating the crap out of each other. And let me tell you — I got powerbombed thru a ironing board. Tried to prop it up. Mom came back home — shit just collapsed and all she did was drop a t-shirt on it. We pissed our pants. Little did we know that made us... rapists.

Last edited:

LegendOfKage

Gold Member
Call me a crazy capitalist, but if I was running a business, I'd quietly pull the shirt. I wouldn't want to be anywhere near the nutjobs on any side of a political argument. Why alienate your customers?

It's stupid that the phrase has been repurposed, but if I saw someone wearing it, I wouldn't know if they were a sarcastic liberal, a person trying to outrage liberals, or someone who only was aware of its originally intended meaning.

Dunki

That's what you are worried about?
Right now I am worried that boys at a SERiOUS disadvantage right now. They are getting more discriminated in schools, they are not using methods that should be more preferable for boys like more excersices between classes etc. Also programs to get boys into colleges, giving their perspectives for the future etc.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Right now I am worried that boys at a SERiOUS disadvantage right now. They are getting more discriminated in schools, they are not using methods that should be more preferable for boys like more excersices between classes etc. Also programs to get boys into colleges, giving their perspectives for the future etc.

Some disadvantages, but on the whole? Nah. Boys have the upperhand. But society does have a terrible way of telling boys how to be a so-called "MAN" that can hurt them down the road.

Dunki

Some disadvantages, but on the whole? Nah. Boys have the upperhand. But society does have a terrible way of telling boys how to be a so-called "MAN" that can hurt them down the road.
WRONG.

Women outclass man in terms of education since 25 years. Women in their 20s earn more then men twenties. They have higher Position and better education. and this is on a general level. And no Soceity or feminism tells men or bys no matter what you do you are shit. They are not allowed to talk to women and I am not saying catcall I am saying talking. Feminism 101 suggest men to change the street side when encountering women in the night. They tell them to not walk behind a women. They get cops called on them when they are a lone with their child in a Park.

Man have gotten stigmatized to a terrible degree and seen as sexual monsters who need to be taught not to rape women. Men are not in a good position. Maybe old ones who are still into power but the new generation is FUCKED.

Speaking as a parent here, a "Boys will be boys" logo on a child's pajama top to me translates to "Expect farts and poop jokes". Children's silliness and adult criminal behavior are very different things.

Last edited:

Jon Neu

Banned
That's what you are worried about?

Why we shouldn't be worried about boys getting weaker?

We have people worrying about manspreading, cultural appropriation and the wage gap between soccer players, and the two first are made up problems and the third one is just the result of the free market.

mckmas8808

Why we shouldn't be worried about boys getting weaker?

We have people worrying about manspreading, cultural appropriation and the wage gap between soccer players, and the two first are made up problems and the third one is just the result of the free market.

Because nobody has explained to me "how" they are getting weaker. What does that even mean? What is this weakness that you and some others speak of? Like what time frame are you thinking of when boys "weren't" so-called weak?

Jon Neu

Banned
Because nobody has explained to me "how" they are getting weaker. What does that even mean? What is this weakness that you and some others speak of? Like what time frame are you thinking of when boys "weren't" so-called weak?

Now you are changing the subject of why we should care about boys getting weaker to doubt the premise in itself.

Plenty of literature on the matter. Jordan Peterson for example has talked a lot about it. It's undeniable that the young men of today are weaker than the previous generations.

Last edited:

Dunki

Women outclass man in terms of education since 25 years. Women in their 20s earn more then men twenties. They have higher Position and better education. and this is on a general level. And no Soceity or feminism tells men or bys no matter what you do you are shit. They are not allowed to talk to women and I am not saying catcall I am saying talking. Feminism 101 suggest men to change the street side when encountering women in the night. They tell them to not walk behind a women. They get cops called on them when they are a lone with their child in a Park.

Man have gotten stigmatized to a terrible degree and seen as sexual monsters who need to be taught not to rape women. Men are not in a good position. Maybe old ones who are still into power but the new generation is FUCKED.

not enough?

mckmas8808

Now you are changing the subject of why we should care about boys getting weaker to doubt the premise in itself.

Plenty of literature on the matter. Jordan Peterson for example has talked a lot about it. It's undeniable that the young men of today are weaker than the previous generations.

I'm not changing the subject. It's very possible that me and many other disagree with what would be considered "weak".

not enough?

Could the education portion have something to do with men going to jail more often in their younger years? And not sure I believe you with the other stats. Your feminism stuff is ridiculous on its face. Still not sure how men are "weaker" than ever before.

Jon Neu

Banned

not enough?

Feminism basically dislikes confident, assertive & strong men. That's why they invent the "toxic masculinity" narrative, to demonize and antagonize every men that has any of those traits.

But feminism isn't the only one to blame for the weakened men of today. Society as a whole is to blame.

Ogbert

Just to give you an idea, my two and a half year old boy wandered into Tescos on Saturday morning (I was there too, just to ward off any parental concerns), mooched around the fruit section, gawped at the cereal boxes and then pulled his willy out and did a wee in the corner of the bread aisle. There was a little plant there, and he's taken to relieving himself in the great outdoors, against what he refers to as 'wee wee trees'. We encourage this, as part of the advent of toilet training is getting to grips with the basic mechanics.

This struck me as a case of 'boys will be boys'. Over hopefully many happy and wonderful decades, he will continue to wee (where necessary) in politely secluded outdoor settings. It will bring him great joy.

'Boys will be boys' encapsulates the fact that the male of the species are quite daft, cheerful and silly creatures.

Dunki

I'm not changing the subject. It's very possible that me and many other disagree with what would be considered "weak".

Could the education portion have something to do with men going to jail more often in their younger years? And not sure I believe you with the other stats. Your feminism stuff is ridiculous on its face. Still not sure how men are "weaker" than ever before.
They are getting more suspended in school and school chidlren normally are not in Jail. As for the other stats as example

https://www.theguardian.com/money/2015/aug/29/women-in-20s-earn-more-men-same-age-study-finds

But sue keep up the beleive that men/boys at this age have advantages while women /girls gets everything thrown at the, They have programs, they get support there are special days like girls day which aloje is already very sexist and so on. Men/boys are being left alone.

Last edited:

Jon Neu

Banned
That's a very inaccurate generalization.

I wish it wasn't true, but feminism don't like men that act like men. They advocate for low profile men that have to be constantly in repenteance for everything male related. Men have to "shut up and listen" or otherwise they are "mansplaining", men have to make themselves small and shy or otherwise they are "manspreading", men can't be assertive and aggresive because that is "toxic masculinity". You can't celebrate manliness by saying that boys will be boys because that is enabling "toxic masculinity" and apparently is a threat to the "empowering of women".

The list goes on and on.

Papa

Banned

What makes you think he will listen to an alt-right neo Nazi? Next you’re going to suggest Warren Farrell.

Grinchy

Banned
Just to give you an idea, my two and a half year old boy wandered into Tescos on Saturday morning (I was there too, just to ward off any parental concerns), mooched around the fruit section, gawped at the cereal boxes and then pulled his willy out and did a wee in the corner of the bread aisle. There was a little plant there, and he's taken to relieving himself in the great outdoors, against what he refers to as 'wee wee trees'. We encourage this, as part of the advent of toilet training is getting to grips with the basic mechanics.

This struck me as a case of 'boys will be boys'. Over hopefully many happy and wonderful decades, he will continue to wee (where necessary) in politely secluded outdoor settings. It will bring him great joy.

'Boys will be boys' encapsulates the fact that the male of the species are quite daft, cheerful and silly creatures.
lol you should not be letting your kid piss in a plant at the end of an aisle of a grocery store

Ogbert

lol you should not be letting your kid piss in a plant at the end of an aisle of a grocery store

Ha! No, I wasn’t encouraging him; I ran over, pulled his trousers up and apologised profusely.

We only encourage him in our garden.

Dunki

Ha! No, I wasn’t encouraging him; I ran over, pulled his trousers up and apologised profusely.

We only encourage him in our garden.
I am not a parent but would this not also mean hat you have to tell him at a certain point that you should not do what you did before? I personally think you should go for the actual "real" way and not take many sidestepts. But I am not a father so I do not know^^

Ogbert

I am not a parent but would this not also mean hat you have to tell him at a certain point that you should not do what you did before? I personally think you should go for the actual "real" way and not take many sidestepts. But I am not a father so I do not know^^

Well, yes. We will. My six year old still has a penchant for the al fresco. The problem with the ‘real way’ is that it is initially frightening, so they end up avoiding it and having an accident.

Still, when he wets himself, I simply note that ‘boys will be boys’.

Hissing Sid

Before I read this thread I had absolutely no idea that the saying ‘Boys will be boys’, was seen as anything other than an old fashioned phrase for lads fucking about in the dirt and getting bawled out by their mums for scuffing their brand new shoes.

But no, now the disgusting notion that ‘Boys will be boys’ is part of some ill-defined, nebulous rape culture is planted in my mind.

Another fluffy white cloud harpooned from the sky by nutters.

Some sick fucks can turn the most innocent things into shit can’t they?

There’s some seriously disturbed peeps out there. I dunno, maybe it makes them happy to drag the whole world down to their level in the mind sewer.

Grow the fuck up.

Last edited:

Ogbert

Some sick fucks can turn the most innocent things into shit can’t they?

Quite.

I sincerely believe that anyone who sees a three or four year old boy and starts contemplating a potential rapist is extremely disturbed and shouldn't be around kids. It's an extremely unpleasant form of sexualisation and fucking weird.

LordOfChaos

"Boys will be held accountable for their actions. I hate to see an Australian store, who makes such great pjs, put such a sexist statement on a t-shirt intended for young boys. Excusing boys of their behaviour is not a step in the right direction. It’s 2018."

As if you-go-girl do whatever you want, woman is always right etc cultural memes aren't also a thing.

That shirt was as innocent as they come, most people would just think it's about playing around with other kids, a 3 year old isn't going to wear that and grow into a criminal because of it.

More than ever a generation is going to grow up feeling guilty for being male.

Rest

All these years later I still chuckle at what a fucking moron that guy is.
It used to be that "boys will be boys" meant that boys will get into mischief, tell dirty jokes and get into fights. Now it means that boys will rape and abuse women. And it really seems that it's only been in the last 5 or so years that this has changed.
It doesn't mean the latter at all.

Top Bottom