• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bravely Second: End Layer |OT| Those Thighs, Good Gravy! [out now in NA]

I suppose you should approach the Ba'als as specific challenges. Like set parties and equipment explicitly designed to bop a given Ba'al's weaknesses. My party set ups are usually optimized around whatever Jobs I'm trying to level up while still being generically strong.
I pretty much always changed the special element when facing a ba'al

BooJoh

Really digging magnolia as well

Wish I knew French!

Lol

I don't really speak the language but from what I can tell most of what she says is basically varying exclamations.

As much as I miss Ringabel and Edea's banter, I'm loving this game's characters just as much. I'm still in Chapter 1 but so far things seem much more lighthearted than the first game.

jorgejjvr

I don't really speak the language but from what I can tell most of what she says is basically varying exclamations.

As much as I miss Ringabel and Edea's banter, I'm loving this game's characters just as much. I'm still in Chapter 1 but so far things seem much more lighthearted than the first game.
I'm in the prologue and I already love yew and magnolia

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Can someone tell me how catmancer works?

As far as learning enemy skills, as long as one person has the "Learning" ability equipped, you can learn an enemy move, so long as it doesn't disable your character (or at least in the case of wing scales, if your character gets confused, you won't learn it). As far as using the moves, each move requires you to have a specific piece of cat food, which you can get from upgrading one of the Fort Lune spots and buying from the Adventurer who saves for you, or by using the skill "Dig" which you learn at job level 4.

As far as learning enemy skills, as long as one person has the "Learning" ability equipped, you can learn an enemy move, so long as it doesn't disable your character (or at least in the case of wing scales, if your character gets confused, you won't learn it). As far as using the moves, each move requires you to have a specific piece of cat food, which you can get from upgrading one of the Fort Lune spots and buying from the Adventurer who saves for you, or by using the skill "Dig" which you learn at job level 4.

Hmm. Weird cuz I've levelled up catmancer with the learning skill and I've yet to learn any skills.

Niraj

Hmm. Weird cuz I've levelled up catmancer with the learning skill and I've yet to learn any skills.

You have to actually be hit by the attacks. The journal gives you some hints as to what enemies have skills you can learn. There are also some cats you can talk to who also give you hints.

Brakke

Banned
You have to actually be hit by the attacks. The journal gives you some hints as to what enemies have skills you can learn. There are also some cats you can talk to who also give you hints.

Yeah there's a cat at the town that you're operating out of when you get the Job that points you to like four skills. Otherwise, just get the passive ability and keep that one.

What I don't get is the buffs. Is there a skill on some job I haven't noticed that lets you control enemies? I think it's one or two of the robotmen skills that they only appear to use on allies. I guess Confuse them?

Niraj

Yeah there's a cat at the town that you're operating out of when you get the Job that points you to like four skills. Otherwise, just get the passive ability and keep that one.

What I don't get is the buffs. Is there a skill on some job I haven't noticed that lets you control enemies? I think it's one or two of the robotmen skills that they only appear to use on allies. I guess Confuse them?

The forest with the poison pools (forget the name offhand) has these moths that have the move "Wing Scales" you can learn which can cause confusion. That's how I got the move from the Iron Man and from the lanterns in that area with the platforms you can move up and down.

bumpkin

Mrgrgrgr...
I was close to having DeRosa defeated to get the Red Mage asterisk and the game crashed on me. He had just done his love spell thing on Edea and she was about to attack someone in my party
and the game locked and then moments later I got the crash message and my 3DS restarted. :(

Has this happened to anyone else?

Are people over this series already? Very little activity in this thread for the game just releasing days ago and compared to the first one.

Are people over this series already? Very little activity in this thread for the game just releasing days ago and compared to the first one.

DS3 is taking up most of my time and when I do sit down for a BD session I find myself taking my sweet ass time. 14~ hours and still in Chapter 2 (hard).

Yew's journal is a good source for catmancer skill learning hints. For the skills that target allies, try confuse that enemy so that it will use it on your party instead. Can't remember if there's alternative way to do so

i guess it's a combination of staggered release using same OT + sour taste from 1st game + other games like DS3 just released as well

Mrgrgrgr...
I was close to having DeRosa defeated to get the Red Mage asterisk and the game crashed on me. He had just done his love spell thing on Edea and she was about to attack someone in my party
and the game locked and then moments later I got the crash message and my 3DS restarted. :(

Has this happened to anyone else?

random crash happens randomly to random users. there's no set pattern discovered i think

spiritfox

Still playing, but nothing much to discuss. I think the problem is that it feels too much like Bravely 1.5 instead of a full sequel.

BooJoh

I'm loving the game, but I'm juggling it with StarFox now, among other things. I think there's probably a lot of people who were soured by the first game's later chapters and I can only hope it doesn't spell the end of the series. At the very least I'd like to see it carry on in spirit like BD did for FF:4HoL. To me these games are the best modern evolution of turn-based JRPGs.

spiritfox

The twist is kinda cool.

I always like it when games lean on the forth wall, acknowledge their nature as a game, and mess around with stuff that's the wrapper around the actual game. The twist certainly better done than the first game, since the time loop is totally optional.

Brakke

Banned
So what's up with Wizard? The base spells' power never improve? I'm in a weird spot with magic. Spirit Magic is basically useless, Summoning is expensive in MP. I guess I gotta spend mad dollars on Ethers or else train my main caster up on Red Mage. Stylistically, I didn't want my dedicated caster to be into Red Magic but I guess that's just me being silly.

I wish I had taken Black Mage after all: I don't care about Hunter and it turns out I want Black Mage. But my dog was snuggled up on me during that side quest so I had to side with the dude who was loyal to his pet.

spiritfox

So what's up with Wizard? The base spells' power never improve? I'm in a weird spot with magic. Spirit Magic is basically useless, Summoning is expensive in MP. I guess I gotta spend mad dollars on Ethers or else train my main caster up on Red Mage. Stylistically, I didn't want my dedicated caster to be into Red Magic but I guess that's just me being silly.

I wish I had taken Black Mage after all: I don't care about Hunter and it turns out I want Black Mage. But my dog was snuggled up on me during that side quest so I had to side with the dude who was loyal to his pet.

Spirit magic fall off after the early game, but they're still potent with Spellcasting until late chapter 3. By then you should have able to use summons more reliably. Also Summoners have MP recovery on hit which much better this time round, and Rejuvenation spam for MP is still very good (that requires you to have a higher lvl village).

Red magic is great early to mid game. The game pushes you to switch jobs often anyway.

Razmos

Spirit magic and spellcraft lasted me right until to the end of the game. Never used conventional black magic once.

I was frequently doing 9999 damage or 6000x4 with spirit magic by the end of the game. You just need the right set up

Koeta

I'm loving it, but I do think the amount of good games coming out this year and the gap from EU to NA release are playing a part in the slow thread. I still have to finish FE Fates, Haven't beat Dark Souls 3 or Fallout 4 yet, and only a few days till Uncharted 4 and Overwatch ;x

Spirit magic fall off after the early game, but they're still potent with Spellcasting until late chapter 3. By then you should have able to use summons more reliably. Also Summoners have MP recovery on hit which much better this time round, and Rejuvenation spam for MP is still very good (that requires you to have a higher lvl village).

Red magic is great early to mid game. The game pushes you to switch jobs often anyway.

not to mention once you get exorcist you can get a skill that recovers 30 mp per turn

base wizard spell is useful to cover wide range of elements in the early game. starting mid-late game it's better to spellcraft other spells from other job

Alright, question about chapter 4:

So, Anne transported the moon and now the game's hinting at me to New Game+ it. Which is neat! That's a really neat idea! So I go and watch the AR scene with Agnes and start up a NG+ file. The beginning Kaiser fight let me choose an attack which I think is different, and it saved my outfit and equips from the previous file, but I still lost the fight, and the game just continues on as normal. I'm now up to having all the characters in my party once again (I've been skipping the cutscenes) and... everything seems the same? Am I doing this right? Or is there something I'm missing? I just don't want to waste my time in case I'm doing something wrong, haha.

I will add everyone who has posted their FC in the past couple of pages! Mine is 1204-0312-8934.

So, Anne transported the moon and now the game's hinting at me to New Game+ it. Which is neat! That's a really neat idea! So I go and watch the AR scene with Agnes and start up a NG+ file. The beginning Kaiser fight let me choose an attack which I think is different, and it saved my outfit and equips from the previous file, but I still lost the fight, and the game just continues on as normal. I'm now up to having all the characters in my party once again (I've been skipping the cutscenes) and... everything seems the same? Am I doing this right? Or is there something I'm missing? I just don't want to waste my time in case I'm doing something wrong, haha.

I will add everyone who has posted their FC in the past couple of pages! Mine is 1204-0312-8934.
You have to
bravely second once the fight with the kaiser starts in new game +

aaronrules has answered your question, and this is just extra stuff
if you go back to previous save before new game +, npcs should give you the bravely second hint in order to progress

So I played the demo for 20 minutes, decided I wanna buy the game.

Should I play the full demo first? How long is it? Is it a narrative prequel to the game? I know there are a few bonuses unlocked from the demo, how vital are they?

that Snowcap Ba'al is such BS, Esunaga or Innocence should be able to cure Freeze(FYI you need to cast fire or have a fire based weapon to attack you own teammates)

and the Ice Fang moves is just the epitomy of BS!!! I don't bother to face them without crippling them with tank fire

The new specials ost are good, they are just too similar (rockish), and is hard to differentiate them

B_6ruYlVAAAJbkp.jpg

that Snowcap Ba'al is such BS, Esunaga or Innocence should be able to cure Freeze(FYI you need to cast fire or have a fire based weapon to attack you own teammates)

and the Ice Fang moves is just the epitomy of BS!!! I don't bother to face them without crippling them with tank fire

The game is called BS.

I'll see myself out~

Niraj

So I played the demo for 20 minutes, decided I wanna buy the game.

Should I play the full demo first? How long is it? Is it a narrative prequel to the game? I know there are a few bonuses unlocked from the demo, how vital are they?

The bonuses aren't really worth it, but there are some narrative aspects it plays around with in relation to the main game that are pretty cool. Demo is probably 6-10 hours depending on how quick you are/if you want to do everything.

Top Bottom