• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bravely Second The Ballad of the Three Cavaliers (Demo thread)

Exentryk

Man this game is pretty. Does anything else on the 3DS come close?

Don't know the answer to your question, but this game reminds me of classis FFs with its pre-rendered backgrounds and nice music. I especially love one new area that I just got to in the full game. Lovely music too there.

RpgN

Don't know the answer to your question, but this game reminds me of classis FFs with its pre-rendered backgrounds and nice music. I especially love one new area that I just got to in the full game. Lovely music too there.

I am especially reminded of FFIX when entering the town in the demo.

The demo has been very entertaining. It appears to be more refined and accommodating than Bravely Default.

While it is understandable that many do not like the asset recycle, I tend to not mind so much. FFX-2 and XIII-2 were interesting to experience. If all sequels recycle this much, then it gets annoying. But when we have few games that do that, I can deal with it.

Arkeband

Banned
Man, fuck
Geist
. Do I have to be max level in the demo just to overcome his obnoxiously high defense, and start dual-wielding rods just to get magic damage up?

edit: If I just knock the difficulty down from Hard, do I lose out on any play bonuses?

Piscus

Man, fuck
Geist
. Do I have to be max level in the demo just to overcome his obnoxiously high defense, and start dual-wielding rods just to get magic damage up?

edit: If I just knock the difficulty down from Hard, do I lose out on any play bonuses?
Nope. But if you beat
the boss after Geist
on hard, you get an extra bonus.

Arkeband

Banned
Beat
Geist
on Hard, didn't realize I still had it set to Hard.

The trick to doing massive damage to him is using the Spellcraft "Hammer", I was doing like 800-1k damage hits with Fire with two rods equipped.

Eevee86

Welp, I'm pretty convinced Square could not possibly win. Native American outfit? Nope, offensive. Southern Cowboy? Can't have that, it's a stereotype! Remove the character completely? OMG Square cutting content!

Yeah, totally. I've really missed high quality pre rendered backgrounds in RPGs.

Might have been answered in the thread already, but is there no way to gain villagers without streetpass in the demo? :( I usually never get them out in the wild due to where I live.

Also, do we get a healing job in the demo? As of right now, I can't heal at all except for items. :S (just started it really)

Eolz

You get a healing job relatively soon yeah.
For the villagers, there's not really another way in the demo, but if I remember well, completing it give you villagers in the main game. Just play the demo slowly (put it in rest mode from time to time) and you should complete the small part of the village in the demo relatively easily.

You get a healing job relatively soon yeah.
For the villagers, there's not really another way in the demo, but if I remember well, completing it give you villagers in the main game. Just play the demo slowly (put it in rest mode from time to time) and you should complete the small part of the village in the demo relatively easily.

Ah cool, thanks for the info! :)

Beat
Geist
on Hard, didn't realize I still had it set to Hard.

The trick to doing massive damage to him is using the Spellcraft "Hammer", I was doing like 800-1k damage hits with Fire with two rods equipped.

How'd you manage that cuz my party is level 15 maxed out jobs and getting brutalized

Tomita

I'm assuming not, but just in case...

I didn't finish the first Bravely Default yet, so will the demo for the new game spoil anything? And if so, is it anything major or not really? I haven't really paid attention to the press release for this game, but I still wanted to give the sequel's demo a whirl.

tuffymon

Was a fun demo, I'm a little sad that you have a level 20 cap though. Beat the game ffxi style~
4 blm's with various subs~

Also, who else was disappointed that the city/dungeon behind the sandstorm wasn't unlocked in the demo?

tuffymon

I'm assuming not, but just in case...

I didn't finish the first Bravely Default yet, so will the demo for the new game spoil anything? And if so, is it anything major or not really? I haven't really paid attention to the press release for this game, but I still wanted to give the sequel's demo a whirl.

Long story short no. Same region as the first demo, with changes to the map. Some old jobs, some new jobs, dungeons changed.

Arkeband

Banned
How'd you manage that cuz my party is level 15 maxed out jobs and getting brutalized

Party:

Red Mage secondary - Wizard primary
Red Mage secondary - Wizard primary
Red Mage secondary - anything primary
Red Mage secondary - anything primary

Equip your first two guys with dual rods to max out your magic damage. The other two are just healers/buffers.

Make sure they have In the Red and Barrage as abilities.

Brave X4 Lightning, Brave X4 Lightning on the shield guy, he should take massive damage and go down.

Buff your P. defense with one of your other guys and heal any damage taken or revive anyone that goes down.

When your first two guys get back up to 0 -

Brave X4 Blizzard, Brave X4, Blizzard on the sharpshooter, she will go down faster, any leftovers will spill over to
Geist
, who will waste a turn turning back the crappy damage those blizzards did.

Heal back up, etc, now you're only facing
Geist

Brave X4 Fire Hammer, Fire Hammer, Brave X4 Fire Hammer, Fire Hammer (one of your guys is using a fire rod, the other can cast anything you want, it shouldn't matter)

Repeat until dead.

Ponn

Banned
I initially beat the demo but completely missed the moon building all together and still have to beat the final boss on hard and complete the beastiary so i'm grinding the beastiary right now and building but I only have one villager and don't pick up anybody through streetpass. I know in the first game you would gradually just get villagers but i'm not getting shit in this one, is their a trick to this?

Skrams

I initially beat the demo but completely missed the moon building all together and still have to beat the final boss on hard and complete the beastiary so i'm grinding the beastiary right now and building but I only have one villager and don't pick up anybody through streetpass. I know in the first game you would gradually just get villagers but i'm not getting shit in this one, is their a trick to this?

Nope

Just put a villager on a building and wait. Or go streetpass someone else who's played the demo. There's only 2 buildings with 3 levels each, so it's not too terrible. I think it took me a day or day and a half for them to get to max. The first game had it so you could get 3-5 villagers or so a day through updating streetpass and net invites. The demo doesn't have that.

Ponn

Banned
Nope

Just put a villager on a building and wait. Or go streetpass someone else who's played the demo. There's only 2 buildings with 3 levels each, so it's not too terrible. I think it took me a day or day and a half for them to get to max. The first game had it so you could get 3-5 villagers or so a day through updating streetpass and net invites. The demo doesn't have that.

Oh well, i'm close. probably a day more of just leaving it in sleep mode and checking every couple hours. Is it the same in main game or can you get villagers other ways? I wish they would understand streetpass is just not an option for a hell of alot of people.

Man this game is pretty. Does anything else on the 3DS come close?

tumblr_nmohvzHlrk1sle12oo1_500.gif

monster-hunter-stories-04-11-15-9.jpg

monster-hunter-stories-egg.jpg

Skrams

Oh well, i'm close. probably a day more of just leaving it in sleep mode and checking every couple hours. Is it the same in main game or can you get villagers other ways? I wish they would understand streetpass is just not an option for a hell of alot of people.

I'm not European, so I don't know if Bravely Second is the same. The first Bravely Default demo had only 1 villager available at first, but you could talk to someone in town to get another. You could also do a glitch to keep getting villagers, so you could transfer 20 to the full game. The demo didn't have the net invites like the full game. Net invites are just available once a day and getting 3-5 guest characters from other people playing it. So it's 3-5 extra villagers a day which is pretty alright.

I assume Bravely Second is the same way where the demo doesn't have net invites, but the full game does. That's just my assumption at least. I'd fucking hope considering one villager having to upgrade all those buildings would be hell and it would be dumb to walk back a feature available from the first game.

Skrams

Anyone got a list of the unlocks?

I think this might be the full list.

potion x3 (play the demo)
phoenix down x3 (defeat the Hawkeye)
hi-potion x3 (defeat the boss at wind temple)
remedy x3 (complete moonbase construction)
x-potion x1 (defeat ba'al no5 at any difficulty)
turbo-ether x1 (defeat ba'al no5 at Hard difficulty)
ether x1 (max out all characters job levels)
elixir x1 (complete bestiary)

and whatever villagers carried over.

They're pretty easy and you can just set the difficulty to Hard for the last boss. Maxing out the jobs and bestiary is just grinding. Moonbase is just closing your 3DS and opening it every now and again.

UCBooties

I know this might be dumb since the game is out already but I'm trying to get all the demo bonuses before I start the full game. Any tips on grinding chompers? I usually manage to kill one before the rest run away and I want to complete the bestiary but it's gonna take forever if I can't kill them efficiently.

Thanks!

Skrams

I know this might be dumb since the game is out already but I'm trying to get all the demo bonuses before I start the full game. Any tips on grinding chompers? I usually manage to kill one before the rest run away and I want to complete the bestiary but it's gonna take forever if I can't kill them efficiently.

Thanks!

I remember decking at least 2 people as Valkyries. Maybe more. Crescent Moon helps a lot.

Top Bottom