• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bravely Third already planned by producer if Bravely Second sells well enough

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
We should find out how it does in Japan relatively soon.

Gematsu said:
Planning for Bravely Third, the potential sequel to Bravely Second, is already underway, according to producer Tomoya Asano.

“It might make you say ‘What?!’ given the timing, but I already have the concept for Bravely Third in me,” Asano told the latest issue of Famitsu. “If sales for [Bravely Second] are good enough, I’m planning to immediately submit a proposal. Please give me your support!”
Source: http://gematsu.com/2015/04/bravely-...dy-planning-bravely-third#r5VYSWsduSlBphxj.99

FluxWaveZ

Seems that Bravely Second sales performance is going to be good, so this might as well be a confirmation there will be a third game already.

garath

Good stuff!

Localize Bravely Second and there will definitely be +1 sale from me. I absolutely love Bravely Default. I bought a new 3DSxl a couple weeks ago and it hasn't left the system yet (despite Pokemon, Dragon Quest IX and Xenoblade sitting next to me).

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Curous to know what's "well enough" for them. Isn't this predicted to open lower than BS? :<

The YSO prediction itself was only about 10K lower than Bravely Default.

The issue is that this is a sequel though so it might have vastly inferior legs, which were a really big part of how well Bravely Default did.

Exentryk

The gameplay in these games is amazing. As long as they can keep the stories interesting, and don't recycle too much, I don't think they'll have trouble selling these games.

The YSO prediction itself was only about 10K lower than Bravely Default.

The issue is that this is a sequel though so it might have vastly inferior legs, which were a really big part of how well Bravely Default did.

The game also has the Golden Week in its its second week in the market, so it might be slightly less frontloaded than usual.

Oregano

I think an issue with Bravely Third is what system Asano wants to make it for. 3DS will probably be dead and a sequel for the successor would probably need higher sales to justify development.

Mobile is possible, they use the same assets for a third time!

Quoting myself from Media Create.

I guess they really are serious about trying to make this an annual series.

I am not sure if that plan is still in motion though.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
The game also has the Golden Week in its its second week in the market, so it might be slightly less frontloaded than usual.

I think an issue with Bravely Third is what system Asano wants to make it for. 3DS will probably be dead and a sequel for the successor would probably need higher sales to justify development.

Mobile is possible, they use the same assets for a third time!
Quoting myself from Media Create.

Yeah the generational switch here is a compounding factor in my mind.

If we were talking about "greenlight something to reuse all the assets again" it probably would be a lot easier than "hey we're Square Enix and we make games with high end graphics for the systems we're on, and the 4DS is probably a system that's a fair bit ahead of the PlayStation Vita".

napata

It'd be interesting to know what it means "well enough". The game has supposedly a lot of recycled assets.

That doesn't surprise me at all. The second half of the first game said more than enough about how low the budget was. Wouldn't expect any change for the sequel.

Jawmuncher

How about they announce a NA release before thinking of a third game. Seeing BD in the Nintendo direct with no sequel localization confirmed was one cruel tease.

BlitzKeeg

I can't believe that's the name of the sequels. As if Bravely Default wasn't nonsensical enough. o_O

Didn't you "brave" in order to "default"? Thus a character could theoretically "bravely" take a hit in order to "default" the next move?

I think it sounds cool.

KHlover

Banned
Didn't you "brave" in order to "default"? Thus a character could theoretically "bravely" take a hit in order to "default" the next move?

I think it sounds cool.

Haha it was the other way around. You "defaulted" a turn to use "brave" without punishment in the next one.

Haha it was the other way around. You "defaulted" a turn to use "brave" without punishment in the next one.

More like you braved the max number of times and then had all your dudes run through 16-ish attacks in a row for 90% of the game's combat because anything else was just slower and less efficient.

I wonder if the sequel will make largely automated grinding any more challenging.

Kasper

If we're talking Bravely Asset Reuse The Third I have no doubt the second game will probably do well enough, but if the third game will require a much higher budget on new hardware... I doubt it. Unless of course Bravely Second surprises and does a lot better than I expect, but as it stands I think it will do worse than Default when all is said and done.

random25

I'm happy that they are planning on continuing this. Maybe it'll be the next big RPG franchise of SE if they really take care of it. Just hoping that they have a pretty decent sales expectations.

wrowa

We'll see, I guess. Would love to see the series grow further, but it feels like SE is not actually willing to spend much money on Bravely despite the success of the first game. Second screams "cheap sequel" from what I've seen so far and I think that definitely hurts its appeal.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
I want Brave Default Tactics next.

Yes. I want this if only so they will have to make new assets and create a new story/characters. The battle system was the best thing about the game, none of the story or characters were that great. I'm saddened to hear they are re-treading a lot of that same ground here.

Was the last third of Bravely that bad that people are jaded on the series now?

I didn't think so but I'm the kind of person that collects all the items and does all the sidequests, so learning more about the Asterisk bearers was nice for me. If you just did the same thing 4 timed in a row I imagine it was pretty brain melting. (Or the original Japanese release where the Asterisk bearer stuff remained ~identical).

Kouriozan

Just like what they said for Bravely Default For The Sequel -> Second.
All I just want is quick localization, will Nintendo have to step in once again?

Ezalc

I haven't played the game, but intend to at some point. What's the mistake? If it's story-related, then I'd prefer not to know. :p

Yeah it's story related in a sense.

Also, please fire the guy who designed the Valkyrie class. Shit looks awful, or at least just get him to redesign that crap jesus.

Top Bottom