• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bravely Third already planned by producer if Bravely Second sells well enough

Played BD but I really didn't care for it, even the first half (the second half just soured the experience). Plot, exploration, and characters were barebones, and inputting commands felt tedious at times because of how many you have to give every round. The battles are interesting to play otherwise though. I wish they'd do something more creative with the first three aspects, because BD feels more like it uses nostalgia as a crutch to please older fans. Outside of battles and job developing, it just feels too simplistic at times. Maybe it's because I didn't grow up playing pre-PS1 games, but what people called charm just didn't do it for me.

Laconic

Banned
Played BD but I really didn't care for it, even the first half (the second half just soured the experience). Plot, exploration, and characters were barebones, and inputting commands felt tedious at times because of how many you have to give every round. The battles are interesting to play otherwise though. I wish they'd do something more creative with the first three aspects, because BD feels more like it uses nostalgia as a crutch to please older fans. Outside of battles and job developing, it just feels too simplistic at times. Maybe it's because I didn't grow up playing pre-PS1 games, but what people called charm just didn't do it for me.

It is not just you.

And nor were pre-PS1 RPGs possessed of BD's [Minus World] levels of charm.

I had to forcefully stop myself from quintuple posting, for effect.

I've made my part, game is currently downloading on my system!

I wish I had gone digital so I could play immediately... The only downside to preferring a physical library is waiting for the product to arrive >.< Ah well, that'll just make the unboxing of my collector's edition that much sweeter

"Please give me your support!"

...Are you going to LET me? I think people are starting to forget this series exists. It's been so long, without any word of localization.

No such thing, in my book.

Not his fault. Blame what a shit company SquareEnix is. They're incapable of localizing anything and they've turned Final Fantasy in to the emo road-show. Bravely Default and the microscopic chance we might get a Dragon Quest game localized is the only reason I pay them any mind.

Illucio

Banned
The first game was a great supplement for a traditional Final Fantasy game, especially how Final Fantasy is moving more towards the action adventure setting.

Not his fault. Blame what a shit company SquareEnix is. They're incapable of localizing anything and they've turned Final Fantasy in to the emo road-show. Bravely Default and the microscopic chance we might get a Dragon Quest game localized is the only reason I pay them any mind.

Lol. I forgot about DQVII. Still mad about this though. But yeah, opportunity costs again i guess, lol.

Datschge

Kind of wonder if SE is trying the Tales approach with the Bravely series: rather predictable release schedule and incremental game design, overall limited budget with few marketed spotlights, just looking how it fares without any effort the rest of the company could give.

Btw, is Silicon Studios actually owned by Square Enix.
Silicon Studio is a listed company, SE is one of many shareholders. It's also not small at all, with 231 employees (300 consolidated). http://www.siliconstudio.co.jp/en/corporate/data.html

Kalkano

Banned
The first game was a great supplement for a traditional Final Fantasy game, especially how Final Fantasy is moving more towards the action adventure setting.

I wouldn't go even close to that far. It's a tiny-budget handheld game. It's no Final Fantasy replacement. There is no Final Fantasy replacement, and no matter how much I want one, I don't think we'll ever get one.

Only a handful of games used to get localization announcements before Japanese releases in the past, but yes I want the Bravely Second announcement (though the person on GameFAQs who leaked that Bravely Default was getting localized has said the same about Bravely Second for what that's worth).

I want to see where in the 1d7+5 month translation spectrum its going to fall (I'm stuck waiting for the PAL version even if its 3 months behind, since I went PAL for BD).

xevis

Banned
Played BD but I really didn't care for it, even the first half (the second half just soured the experience). Plot, exploration, and characters were barebones, and inputting commands felt tedious at times because of how many you have to give every round

You know you can just auto-pilot and have the characters repeat their last command? Even across different fights.

SPAW

I hope for the third game it becomes a full fledged console title with larger production values. Something along the lines of FFIX.

that proposal went straight to my heart. A game with SO5 production values (AA) with FFIX design would really hit that nostalgia feel, and might even be financial viable for SE.

Kalkano

Banned
that proposal went straight to my heart. A game with SO5 production values (AA) with FFIX design would really hit that nostalgia feel, and might even be financial viable for SE.

I wholeheartedly believe that it would be MORE financially viable than making a tiny handheld game. I believe the increased sales and attention would more than make up for the increase in budget.

Top Bottom