• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BrazilGAF |OT| of Samba, Carnaval... and letting GAF have a sample of it all!

DD

Also, a friend that lives in Rio jokes that the "emergency warning lights" (pisca alerta) is called "Mario's Star" in Rio the Janeiro because of how everyone uses as an excuse to break insane traffic laws there xD
You press it and SUDDENLY you are invincible.
icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif

as a tourist that has been to Brasil four times my favourite places are:

Rio
Floripa -
Morro de Sao Paulo, island off Salvador
Sao Paulo, as I have friends that live there
Foz du Iquazu, and not just because of the falls but I have never been to a town where women outnumber men so much, it felt like 5 to 1 at times!

anyway, I will see you all in 2014 for the World Cup!

Tocido do brasil!

The Hermit

How the hell did I miss this thread?!

Anyway, glad to see so many brazilians here... We should do a Brazil-Gaf meetup eventualy.

Posting from SP, although my username is baiano, I was born here in São Paulo and always lived here. Kinda tired of this city actually, I wish I lived no Sul, especially Curitiba.

Ezalc

Anyway, glad to see so many brazilians here... We should do a Brazil-Gaf meetup eventualy.

Posting from SP, although my username is baiano, I was born here in São Paulo and always lived here. Kinda tired of this city actually, I wish I lived no Sul, especially Curitiba.

Yes, join us!

Aku-Audi

If I ever come back to Brazil, one thing I would really like is a round of drinks with other BrazilGAF people. Chances are my work will lead me back there within the next few years too.

Kem0sabe

I can honestly say i was mighty disappointed with the Brazilian women. I come from Portugal where the exposure to Brazilian culture is mostly football and tv soap operas.

On Brazilian TV shows the women are goddesses, perfect and beautiful in every way, but when i went on vacation to Brazil i was shocked to see how homely the women were. Maybe it was the area i visited.

Don´t mean to be in any way insulting, just my experience, the culture is amazing and the country is beautiful. :)

DD

I can honestly say i was mighty disappointed with the Brazilian women. I come from Portugal where the exposure to Brazilian culture is mostly football and tv soap operas.

On Brazilian TV shows the women are goddesses, perfect and beautiful in every way, but when i went on vacation to Brazil i was shocked to see how homely the women were. Maybe it was the area i visited.

Don´t mean to be in any way insulting, just my experience, the culture is amazing and the country is beautiful. :)
HATERS GONNA HATE
samba-o.gif

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz

It depends on where you stay. If all of our women were beautiful no one would live in other countries, haha.

Kem0sabe

It depends on where you stay. If all of our women were beautiful no one would live in other countries, haha.

Yep, i would buy a home there immediately. :)

I mainly stayed in and around Buzios.... would like to visit more of the country, but traveling so many hours by plane destroys my nerves.

otake

Doesn't know that "You" is used in both the singular and plural
I am in Sao Paulo. Is it safe to use credit cards here?

Zeroth

Ek, Avenida Brazil. I think it's an interesting soap opera for being more "cinematographic" than most soap operas in the past years, but its plot is still uggggggggh.

Cadinho is the best character.

São Paulo GAF assemble! Palmeiras GAF assemble!

Born and raised on SP/SP, living on Centro (downtown) right now (two and a half months).

You see all kinds of crap and different people here, and I love it.

Brazil

Platy

The ATM gave me the new 10 and 20 reais bills today.

I was confused.

Still not sure what I think about those new bills ... the size change is a welcome chance, specialy for blind people, but ... I don't know ... those shinny numbers are ... way too much "purpurina" (there is a word for that in english ?)

...wich makes me remember the Simpsons brazil episode with the "our money is SO gay" line xD

Brazil

Still not sure what I think about those new bills ... the size change is a welcome chance, specialy for blind people, but ... I don't know ... those shinny numbers are ... way too much "purpurina" (there is a word for that in english ?)

...wich makes me remember the Simpsons brazil episode with the "our money is SO gay" line xD

The word you're looking for is "glittery"... Which is not actually a word, but gets the point across, haha.

But I like them. The differences in size will make the Real become the new Euro (considering that the Euro is almost done).

Ezalc

Yeah. We had some classes in the same floor, haha.

So, during the first ever BrazilGAF meet up. I think you should invite her and introduce this awesome guy you know from the internet. Because as everybody knows, people from the internet are clearly almost usually always awesome.

Brazil

So, during the first ever BrazilGAF meet up. I think you should invite her and introduce this awesome guy you know from the internet. Because as everybody knows, people from the internet are clearly almost usually always awesome.

Most definitely. It's not like she already has thousands of internet guys chasing after her! Hahaha.

LuuKyK

image.php

Its funny when you realize the way your avatar is looking to what you've just said

Ezalc

Most definitely. It's not like she already has thousands of internet guys chasing after her! Hahaha.

Of course she probably does, I'm just a different internet guy that will totally get her since a friend is going to help out. *thumbs up*

http://asset3.neogaf.com/forum/image.php?u=57858&dateline=1345417212[IMG]

[spoiler]Its funny when you realize the way your avatar is looking to what you've just said[/spoiler][/QUOTE]

I've finally been avatar quoted. First I become a member again and now this. Clearly I'm on my way to the top [s]of Brazil's friend after he introduces her to me[/s] of my dreams.

mantidor

Yes, São Paulo city accent. Nobody likes Rio speak.

I missed this before, but I wanted to say that Rio's accent is beautiful if it goes along with correct grammar, which is not usual in Rio. My portuguese teacher was carioca so she had the accent but with correct grammar and good vocabulary and it was dreamy to hear her talk.

As a colombian from Bogota, paulista accent is far easier to understand though, while I was there I sometimes had to check twice because initially it sounded just like our spanish to me.

CPCunha

Dokish, you fluent in korean? I'm curious cus i know Belo Horizonte (sadly) lacks oriental influence...

I went out to look for japanese classes a couple of years ago and was actually denied a spot at this thing called ICO (instituto de cultura oriental) cus they were about to get shut down.

maaan...i miss living in San Francisco.
<=0(

Ezalc

BrazilGAF I need some advice on something. Would it be weird to take a girl on a first date to eat pastel? I mean it's not the first thing we would do I wnat to go like shooting pool with her or something first then go to this place (which is the place I was talking about before). It's not some little cart on the street lol it's a pretty nice and clean place. I'm just wondering wether it would be weird to do something like this?

Aku-Audi

BrazilGAF I need some advice on something. Would it be weird to take a girl on a first date to eat pastel? I mean it's not the first thing we would do I wnat to go like shooting pool with her or something first then go to this place (which is the place I was talking about before). It's not some little cart on the street lol it's a pretty nice and clean place. I'm just wondering wether it would be weird to do something like this?

I'd have sex with you if you bought me pastel.

LuuKyK

It depends on the girl. There are some girls out there that wouldn't like it, because they expect a lot from a first date, and want some fine food. In other words, expensive food. hahhaha Or maybe she just want to have fun? idk lol But yeah, you are the one who can tell what kind of girl she is.

Ezalc

It depends on the girl. There are some girls out there that wouldn't like it, because they expect a lot from a first date, and want some fine food. In other words, expensive food. hahhaha Or maybe she just want to have fun? idk lol But yeah, you are the one who can tell what kind of girl she is.

She's a gorgeous Brasian and I don't know what to do mannnnn. I don't know anywhere in this city to take her. My only choices seem to be bowling or pool and then pastel. :C

Aku-Audi

Hahahahaha! Seriously man. This place, best pastel ever. If anybody here ever comes to my city, send me a PM or something and I'll take you guys there.

Best pastel I ever had was at Yoka on rua dos estudantes in Liberdade. Their Frango pastel was a piece of deep fried heaven.

She's a gorgeous Brasian and I don't know what to do mannnnn. I don't know anywhere in this city to take her. My only choices seem to be bowling or pool and then pastel. :C

Me and my ex used to go play mini-golf at the mall or drink coconut water and talk about just how white my buttocks are when we started dating.

Option 2 might not work out too well for you as it did me.

Ezalc

Best pastel I ever had was at Yoka on rua dos estudantes in Liberdade. Their Frango pastel was a piece of deep fried heaven.

Me and my ex used to go play mini-golf at the mall or drink coconut water and talk about just how white my buttocks are when we started dating.

Option 2 might not work out too well for you as it did me.

I wish I could eat that pastel to see how it holds up to the one in my city. Also, I don't even know if there are any mini golf places in this city. I don't like coconut water lol, and I feel like the second part wouldn't apply to my city or me either hahahahaha! That sounds like a fun story btw.

Aku-Audi

Que? You don't like coconut water? What the fuck man, that stuff is a miracle cure. Cures any headache, stomach pain, cold.

I used to get my coconut saber and slice that shit open like a madman, or just ask the coconut vendor to do it for me so I didn't endanger more people that I had to.

Ezalc

Que? You don't like coconut water? What the fuck man, that stuff is a miracle cure. Cures any headache, stomach pain, cold.

I used to get my coconut saber and slice that shit open like a madman, or just ask the coconut vendor to do it for me so I didn't endanger more people that I had to.

I'm weird like that, though I do enjoy caldo de cana. Soooo gooood. Maybe I have to give coconut water a few more tries. Oh also figured something out: Caipirinhas and Jurupinga are probably the only alcoholic beverages I can enjoy so far. I didn't drink too much of them since I was driving but damn man.... damn they were good :lol. Also I think I'm going to ask her to go to a mexican bar, they will be playing salsa. While I don't know how to dance salsa exactly (I know how to dance merengue and bachata they aren't similar but yeah) I think it could be a fun time.

LuuKyK

I'm weird like that, though I do enjoy caldo de cana. Soooo gooood. Maybe I have to give coconut water a few more tries. Oh also figured something out: Caipirinhas and Jurupinga are probably the only alcoholic beverages I can enjoy so far. I didn't drink too much of them since I was driving but damn man.... damn they were good :lol. Also I think I'm going to ask her to go to a mexican bar, they will be playing salsa. While I don't know how to dance salsa exactly I think it could be a fun time.

Ezalc is there a limit for you or her on how much you guys want to spend?

I could recommend you some places...

Ezalc

Ezalc is there a limit for you or her on how much you guys want to spend?

I could recommend you some places...

Not too much lol, I'm sure you know the place I was talking about. I don't know anything about a good place to go on a date in this city, so your suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

LuuKyK

Not too much lol, I'm sure you know the place I was talking about. I don't know anything about a good place to go on a date in this city, so your suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

What about Madero? If you guys order a sandwich each it will probably be around 35~40 reais, and its GREAT. You could also take her for a walk on the Praça da Espanha. There are a lot of bars around it for you to choose, and you guys could take a coffee at Barba Negra, or a eat a cupcake at Cupcake Company. There is a Madero in Praça da Espanha too. A freddo ice cream? idk There is also Tienda, Hoo, Marcolini, a lot of good places to go there. Take a look before you go, I love to go there.

Ezalc

What about Madero? If you guys order a sandwich each it will probably be around 35~40 reais, and its GREAT. You could also take her for a walk on the Praça da Espanha. There are a lot of bars around it for you to choose, and you guys could take a coffee at Barba Negra, or a eat a cupcake at Cupcake Company. There is a Madero in Praça da Espanha too. A freddo ice cream? idk There is also Tienda, Hoo, Marcolini, a lot of good places to go there. Take a look before you go, I love to go there.

Dude this isn't that far from me (so I can go scout it!), and we would probably have to go at evening to night. Also the place with the pastel is on that street! Thanks for the tip man sounds like a great place. I've never eaten at madeiro though I always wanted to try. I feel dumb for not realizing this sooner, sucks that I think the only day I'll be able to do this is on a sunday and most places are closed on sunday. I might have to reschedule some things :/ I wouldn't want to take her to a churrasco with the people of my major that's too much for a first date.

Top Bottom