• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Breaking Bad - Season 4 - Sundays on AMC

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol there is nothing in the world that can make that pic believable until it actually happens, if it does at all.

Anyway, lets begin the countdown. 1 more week....

BenjaminBirdie said:
Next Week On... Speculation

If I had to guess, it looks like everything will happen in the SuperLab. Which is fitting. Circle of life.
I agree. And
Hank will be watching it live on the laptop after snooping around the chicken place

SpeedingUptoStop said:
you're going for quite a gambit when you're trying to trick a person into thinking somebody else is tricking them into to killing you without, you know, them actually killing you.

Xanatos.JPG

Snake

The way Walt "pieced together" Gus' culpability in the poisoning really felt like Walt planned it. And it was pretty convenient for Walt, getting Jesse back on his side completely. That being said, the logistics of Walt poisoning the kid are tough, and they make that theory seem almost impossible.

Gus' actions in the hospital also strongly pointed to his guilt. I guess it just feels wrong to completely accept Walt's version of the events considering how far we've seen him fall.

brianjones said:
did anyone else think walt's glasses were gonna glare off the sunlight at the end?
Haha, yes. I was yelling at the TV, telling Walt to get the fuck down.

Also goddamn you spoiler pic people! I'll have to stay out of here for the next week, 'cause the temptation is unbearable.

Well the way I see it, there are two of the most likely scenarios when it comes to who poisoned the kid, and the events that occurred because of it:

1. Gus poisoned the kid, and seeing that Jesse turned on him, knows that Walt was not killed by Jesse in revenge.

2. Or, Walt poisoned the kid, and acted like his life depended on it to get Jesse to believe him. Then when Gus sees that Jesse blames him, assumes that this is all a set out because he knows Walt poisoned the kid.

Personally I believe its the latter because it would be a perfect way of showing how low Walt would go to "protect his family", becoming the very this he swore to Jesse he would never be.

Equus Bellator Apex

Hokuten said:
The way Walt "pieced together" Gus' culpability in the poisoning really felt like Walt planned it. And it was pretty convenient for Walt, getting Jesse back on his side completely. That being said, the logistics of Walt poisoning the kid are tough, and they make that theory seem almost impossible.

Gus' actions in the hospital also strongly pointed to his guilt. I guess it just feels wrong to completely accept Walt's version of the events considering how far we've seen him fall.

The way Walt pieced things together is the same exact tone he used trying to convince Jessie earlier in the season that Gus was trying to turn them agaisnt each other.

AVclub

My theory is that
the kid found the cigarette himself and played with it/ate it, etc. Or the kid is sick for some other reason. It isn't ricin. Both sides act crazy blaming each other. Then, after some crazy shit goes down, we find out the kid is fine or unrelated to meth shenanigans.

What I don't get is why Gus didn't go to the car. I was half expecting Mike to knock Walt in the back of the head up on that roof. Could it be that Mike is doing recon and saw Walt fuck with the car and somehow sent Gus a warning?

The spoiler tagged stuff is only my speculation, but if it should turn out to be accurate, I wouldn't want to be accused of spoiling anything. So, read if you feel like it. I really don't know what happens and can't wait until next week.

Thoraxes

Cirekiller said:
Well the way I see it, there are two of the most likely scenarios when it comes to who poisoned the kid, and the events that occurred because of it:

1. Gus poisoned the kid, and seeing that Jesse turned on him, knows that Walt was not killed by Jesse in revenge.

2. Or, Walt poisoned the kid, and acted like his life depended on it to get Jesse to believe him. Then when Gus sees that Jesse blames him, assumes that this is all a set out because he knows Walt poisoned the kid.

Personally I believe its the latter because it would be a perfect way of showing how low Walt would go to "protect his family", becoming the very this he swore to Jesse he would never be.
I would guess the former only because there was no real time for Walt to even poison the kid. He got tazed right after he got over there, head bagged and dragged out to the desert, went to Saul, and has been holed up since.

AVclub said:
My theory is that
the kid found the cigarette himself and played with it/ate it, etc. Or the kid is sick for some other reason. It isn't ricin. Both sides act crazy blaming each other. Then, after some crazy shit goes down, we find out the kid is fine or unrelated to meth shenanigans.

What I don't get is why Gus didn't go to the car. I was half expecting Mike to knock Walt in the back of the head up on that roof. Could it be that Mike is doing recon and saw Walt fuck with the car and somehow sent Gus a warning?

The spoiler tagged stuff is only my speculation, but if it should turn out to be accurate, I wouldn't want to be accused of spoiling anything. So, read if you feel like it. I really don't know what happens and can't wait until next week.
You don't have to spoiler that. Also, the kid couldn't have messed with it since the last time Jesse saw him was the night before and he had it with him in the morning.

AVclub

If it was Gus, why would he set off all the drama half way through a cook. He's a business man. He isn't going to jeopardize a batch for nothing. If he wanted to poison the kid to send Jesse after Walt, he could have easily waited another 12 hours for the batch to be done. I also don't think it's Walt because he seemed surprised when Jesse accused him, and as has been said, he's not a good liar under pressure.

AVclub said:
If it was Gus, why would he set off all the drama half way through a cook. He's a business man. He isn't going to jeopardize a batch for nothing. If he wanted to poison the kid to send Jesse after Walt, he could have easily waited another 12 hours for the batch to be done. I also don't think it's Walt because he seemed surprised when Jesse accused him, and as has been said, he's not a good liar under pressure.

two birds, one stone.

stone-cold captalism.

Plissken

AVclub said:
My theory is that

I was thinking the same (that it's not poison at all, something natural instead). As for why Gus didn't get into the car, I think it ties directly into those speculations. Since Gus didn't poison Brock, Jesse telling him that Brock was poisoned set off alarm bells in Gus' mind (especially after just coming back from poisoning the Cartel). He works out what Jesse would do if he thought Gus poisoned Brock, and that's what stops him from getting into the car.

midonnay

walt is one sadistic mofo..... he poisoned brock!!!
but its probably not ricin, just something that will make him sick for a week or so

Helmholtz

Thoraxes said:
Could've been just an accident too.
I still think it's Gus just because he has the most to gain.
Yeah, honestly when Jesse realized the cigarette was missing and it cut to commercial, everyone I was watching with, including myself, thought it was just an accident and the kid took the cigarette when Jesse wasn't looking. We thought that would be pretty stupid, though.

Sean

Banned
I know the writers have been making Walt increasingly more unlikable/unsympathetic, but I doubt they would go quite this far by having him poison (and perhaps kill?) an innocent child. There's absolutely no coming back from that.

I think it was either Gus or a coincidence (kid got sick for some other, unrelated reason).

Ashhong

There is some seriously weird speculation going on here where there isn't really room to speculate. The kid poisoned himself on accident? The kid is just conveniently sick and Jesse somehow conveniently lost the cig in like 12 hours? I don't read this thread too much but is it always like this in here?

I'm all for speculation and discussion...but at least make sense!

Thoraxes

Helmholtz said:
Yeah, honestly when Jesse realized the cigarette was missing and it cut to commercial, everyone I was watching with, including myself, thought it was just an accident and the kid took the cigarette when Jesse wasn't looking. We thought that would be pretty stupid, though.
Yeah! I actually think the greatest thing about this episode is that we're all going off assumptions. Nobody knows how, when, or where it was done, we all just know that it happened and that there are people on each side with something to gain.

The vagueness of the situation and the timing were just fantastic, and it's kind of funny that in the heat of the moment, many of us made assumptions while proof has been one of the biggest things not yet provided.

Ashhong said:
There is some seriously weird speculation going on here where there isn't really room to speculate. The kid poisoned himself on accident? The kid is just conveniently sick and Jesse somehow conveniently lost the cig in like 12 hours? I don't read this thread too much but is it always like this in here?

I'm all for speculation and discussion...but at least make sense!
We've had the Walt did it and the Gus did it, now we're just slowly moving around to explore all angles.

midonnay

I think the fact that Gus suddenly suspected that he was going to get blown up, suggests that he didn't poison Brock.

Most likely as he was walking towards the car, he was thinking to himself how strange that this kid suddenly out of nowhere is in the hospital.... then it became clear...

It was fucking walt.

there was a lot of stupid shit in this episode, but Fring not getting in the car takes the cake. why not have Fring walking to the car and then suddenly be startled by the bright reflection from Walt's binoculars? anything but spidy senses. really lame.

e: oh, I guess I haven't thought it through. maybe's he's going back to fuck jesse in the ass.

Bowdz

Insane episode like usual. Easily the best written TV show out there right now.

As for who poisoned Brock, it seems incredibly unlikely that Walt did it simply because of the time frame of the whole situation. I honestly have a hard time piecing together when Gus would have been able to pull it off, but it seems more likely with Tyrus on hand.

I have to say though, after hearing Bryan Cranston's words about the finale and Giancarlo talk about tonight's episode, I honestly think Walt might have poisoned Brock.

"At the very end of the season, there are a couple things that happen that are really surprises. One is the big surprise. Then, 'Woooow!' A big wow moment. Then you calm down and there's a bit of a tag to resolve a couple issues, and then, just before it goes black and has Vince Gilligan's name, there's one more little thing. No words, just a visual that the audience will see and it will have the reaction, 'Nooo! Oh, my God!!! No!' It will rock you. Then it goes black and that's the end of the season." - Bryan Cranston

I think that Jesse and Walt end up killing Gus and then the finale "little" thing before the end will be a cut of the ricin cigarette placed somewhere in Jesse's stuff indicating Walt killed Brock on his own.

Ashhong

midonnay said:
I think the fact that Gus suddenly suspected that he was going to get blown up, suggests that he didn't poison Brock.

Most likely as he was walking towards the car, he was thinking to himself how strange that this kid suddenly out of nowhere is in the hospital.... then it became clear...

It was fucking walt.

Why would Gus connect Walt poisoning the kid to Walt setting up a trap for Gus?

OpinionatedCyborg said:
there was a lot of stupid shit in this episode, but Fring not getting in the car takes the cake. why not have Fring walking to the car and then suddenly be startled by the bright reflection from Walt's binoculars? anything but spidy senses. really lame.

e: oh, I guess I haven't thought it through. maybe's he's going back to fuck jesse in the ass.

Watch the behind the scenes clip for Ep 12.

Air

Banned
Thoraxes said:
Yeah! I actually think the greatest thing about this episode is that we're all going off assumptions. Nobody knows how, when, or where it was done, we all just know that it happened and that there are people on each side with something to gain.

The vagueness of the situation and the timing were just fantastic, and it's kind of funny that in the heat of the moment, many of us made assumptions while proof has been one of the biggest things not yet provided.

We've had the Walt did it and the Gus did it, now we're just slowly moving around to explore all angles.

Yeah I think this was a great episode because of how ambiguous the last scene was.

The show is so intense. I never really get on the edge of my seat for shows or movies, but the scene where Gus was scanning the environment had me leaning in anticipation.

OpinionatedCyborg said:

He was deciding whether or not if it was a fart or he needed to take a shit.

midonnay said:

It was fucking walt.

This makes no sense :|

Guys - GUS DID IT. I think it's pretty clear, there's no possible way Walt could have done it in the timeline of the show.

This is like that annoying "MIKE WAS ABOUT TO SHOOT JESSE" thing from a few weeks back smh

RaidenZR

There's not enough to go on in with the information shown to know what really happened. Seems like too far a leap for me to see how fast Gus was able to work out a potential threat, and also too far a leap to see Walt using a poisoned kid as his "in" to winning back Jesse's favor.

This is going to be an annoying week's wait...

Edit: Also we haven't heard definitively what is actually afflicting Broc. We don't know if Jesse ever spoke to a doctor or a nurse, so the information he gave to Gus is still his speculation. Unreliable.

Thoraxes

midonnay said:

It was fucking walt.
My opinion on what I believe will be the case:

I think he knew Jesse would go to kill Walt if he thought Walt did it, which would solve all his problems and the whole "he'll come around" line that he spoke when speaking about getting Jesse on his side to let him kill Walt.

It's pretty obvious that they have a good idea of where all the money is being spent, given what happened when Mike and Tyrus had to clean up earlier this season when that one junkie stole all the money from his house. I wouldn't say it's unimaginable to know that he was giving money to them so they can live in a nice house in a nice neighborhood.

I also think he knew Jesse went to Walt and definitely knew that he didn't kill Walt yet. Also, I think he knew they were trying to lure him out and kill him because Jesse never demands to see Gus, Walt never got to see him when he demanded it, and because Jesse wouldn't have lingered there and not gone even when force is used (and call unwanted attention to Tyrus) if Jesse didn't have any idea why the kid was sick. Also, Walt really had zero opportunity to poison the kid, let alone he didn't even know who the kid was. The only opportunities we were shown would've happened after he was already in a hospital bed. Jesse was doing all he could to demand Gus come see him in person when he could've easily just called him.

On top of that, Jesse dragged out the conversation, and you could tell that as long as he took, he was biding for time. I think Gus sensed this too. Why would Jesse bide for time in this current situation when he could've made a simple phone call?

Also, that scene where Gus comes in at the hospital and they're all in some church room... I think the symbolism in that room had to mean something in relation to the situation.
Air said:
Yeah I think this was a great episode because of how ambiguous the last scene was.

The show is so intense. I never really get on the edge of my seat for shows or movies, but the scene where Gus was scanning the environment had me leaning in anticipation.
I didn't think I was excited during that scene and then unexpectedly I felt my heart beating very strongly in my chest, Man I was so on edge at the end. It was so awesome!

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Too afraid to read anything in this thread for fear of spoilers, but I thought that it was an amazing episode. A little convenient that Gus figured something was up at the last minute, but other than that I thought it was great. The scene with Jesse and Walt inside Walt's house was incredible.

midonnay

Ashhong said:
Why would Gus connect Walt poisoning the kid to Walt setting up a trap for Gus?

Jesse told Tyrus, that Fring should say it to his face. Gus thought he was just there to console pinkmen and get him back to work. But when he hears about a poisoning, his spidey sense tingles to the plot.

ie: as Gus is looking over the horizon, he knows that pinkmen has been turned.

Jeramii

Banned
FUCK! this one week wait is going to kill me. Let alone the year until the next season (assuming there is a big cliff hanger).

I started watching this show a month ago on Netflix, and have been an addict since. Seen every episode twice now, was fully caught up as of last Monday. The 6 day wait was bad enough, and the cliffhanger wasn't nearly as painful for the last episode as this one (still a painful wait regardless).

Ashhong

midonnay said:
Jesse told Tyrus, that Fring should say it to his face. Gus thought he was just there to console pinkmen and get him back to work. But when he hears about a poisoning, his spidey sense tingles to the plot.

ie: as Gus is looking over the horizon, he knows that pinkmen has been turned.

That is exactly why Gus didn't go to his car, as explained by the actor himself.

However, if it was Jesse that lured him there, shouldn't he suspect Jesse/Walt as a team?

edit: nevermind, I kind of see where you are going with it. It's still wrong though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom