• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Breaking Bad - Season 4 - Sundays on AMC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thoraxes

Jeramii said:
FUCK! this one week wait is going to kill me. Let alone the year until the next season (assuming there is a big cliff hanger).

I started watching this show a month ago on Netflix, and have been an addict since. Seen every episode twice now, was fully caught up as of last Monday. The 6 day wait was bad enough, and the cliffhanger wasn't nearly as painful for the last episode as this one (still a painful wait regardless).
Every season has had a different ending. I honestly have no idea if this season will be like S1, S2, S3, or be completely different. We certainly haven't had any setup like the last few seasons have been.
S1 was relatively tame and not really a cliffhanger like S3 was. It was more a, here's the next starting point, and less a find out what happens next season deal. The major arc had finished within that season.
S2 was foreshadowed out the ass by the pool.
S3 had the biggest cliffhanger ever with people trying to figure out what the hell is going to happen.

I have no idea what this season will be.

Also, the kitchen cooking was kind of nostalgic and really awesome. It was great to see him kinda go back to his roots and dealing with the rougher DIY side of things.

AVclub said:
If it was Gus, why would he set off all the drama half way through a cook. He's a business man. He isn't going to jeopardize a batch for nothing. If he wanted to poison the kid to send Jesse after Walt, he could have easily waited another 12 hours for the batch to be done. I also don't think it's Walt because he seemed surprised when Jesse accused him, and as has been said, he's not a good liar under pressure.
Yeah, it makes zero sense for Gus to poison the kid.

It also makes no sense for Walt to poison the kid. The story is largely told from Walt's perspective. Has Walt ever done anything major off camera that's been used as a twist before? How cheap would it be to start doing that now? Has Walt had time to be locating children and poisining them with ricin? Why would he even poison that kid in the first place? He has no idea how Jesse will react.

If the kid really was poisoned by ricin, I'll accept no explanation other than it being an accident due to the child's curiosity.

Holy shit....what if in the next season the show turns itself on its head and Walt ends up solely being the villain and we all end up rooting for Jessie..........................ahhhhhh this show is going to kill me

Ashhong

Well it definitely wasn't an accident since Jesse specifically states that the poison was in his jacket earlier that day.

Didn't Walt say that after ingesting the poison, it would take a few days for symptoms to occur? Maybe that time frame is shortened for a child, but still, it was only what, 6 hours max since Jesse got off of work? It's possible Gus (or Walt I gueeeeeeess) poisoned the kid beforehand for whatever reason.

Minor possible SPOILERS but I was looking through the episode pics on the AMC site and saw this:

http://media.amctv.com/photo-gallery/BB-S4-Episode-Photos/ep13-walt-saul.jpg

with the caption:

Walter White (Bryan Cranston) and Saul Goodman (Bob Odenkirk) in the Season 4 finale

Game-Biz

OpinionatedCyborg said:
tyrus is such a useless piece of shit. why does gus employ a 30-year-old who has the mannerisms of a disrespectful 15-year-old boy? man, he annoys me.
gus11.jpg

Because he does what I say. Because I can trust him.

Star Power said:
Minor possible SPOILERS but I was looking through the episode pics on the AMC site and saw this:

http://media.amctv.com/photo-gallery/BB-S4-Episode-Photos/ep13-walt-saul.jpg

with the caption:

Walter White (Bryan Cranston) and Saul Goodman (Bob Odenkirk) in the Season 4 finale
Hmmm....it's so strange that Saul would consider doing anything with Walt. I mean, he put up a big fuss about the FBI call...

Game-Biz

Juancho9 said:
Hmmm....it's so strange that Saul would consider doing anything with Walt. I mean, he put up a big fuss about the FBI call...
It'd be hilarious if Bill Burr was the one to off Gus lol -- Saul giving Walt his "A"team

Damn...so did Walt actually do it? or should I say, did Heisenberg do it?

Good god, if Walt did it, I...am cry.

The way he just threw in that fucking laugh during the scene with Jesse. Its giving me the chills just thinking about it.

Game-Biz

Drewsky said:
Has the huge spoiler image been posted in here yet?
I haven't seen it. It's been linked. Anyone who shows it....then matters will become simple. We will not just ban you, we'll IP ban you, we'll blackball your email address, we'll even blackball multiple IP address linked to your account.

FantasticMrFoxdie said:
Damn...so did Walt actually do it? or should I say, did Heisenberg do it?

Good god, if Walt did it, I...am cry.

The way he just threw in that fucking laugh during the scene with Jesse. Its giving me the chills just thinking about it.
That laugh man....It's like Heisenberg wants to break free!!!

snack said:
How was this stupid?
If Gus did it it's dumb because his character has been long established as being exactingly calculated in his manipulations. This whole thing is a ridiculous longshot. He's banking on Jesse making a ridiculous leap in logic. Jesse would have to be retarded to not consider Gus knowing about the ricin and being the guy behind the poisoning after 2 seasons of Gus showing way more knowledge than he appears to.

If Walt did it it's quite a bit less dumb, but as shitty as he has become poisoning kids seems like a stretch.

Fry

ABOUT THAT SPOILER PICTURE:

I just saw the promo for the finale and Gus may be wearing the same suit as in the spoiler picture :|

i55.tinypic.com/97p2k4.png

BobFromPikeCreek said:
If Gus did it it's dumb because his character has been long established as being exactingly calculated in his manipulations. This whole thing is a ridiculous longshot. He's banking on Jesse making a ridiculous leap in logic. Jesse would have to be retarded to not consider Gus knowing about the ricin and being the guy behind the poisoning after 2 seasons of Gus showing way more knowledge than he appears to.

If Walt did it it's quite a bit less dumb, but as shitty as he has become poisoning kids seems like a stretch.
Maybe Walt gave him a small amount? Or....maybe something else that mimics the poison, but not exactly as lethal?

BobFromPikeCreek said:

Also, you have to remember, Jessie completely believed that only him and Walt knew about the poison. I wouldn't have assumed it was Gus if thats what I completely believed and made an effort to keep hidden.

KarmaCow said:
Skylar poisoned the kid. She was jonesing of a cig after going through Jesse's pack.

I skimmed this thread before I watched the show and I saw this post and I was seriously waiting for Skylar to poison someboy lol. What a fucking intense episode. My heart felt like it was gonna jump out my throat at the end there.

Fry

brianjones said:
nice find

Here is a screenshot to compare the two. DON'T CLICK IT if you haven't seen the supposed spoiler picture.

http://www.abload.de/img/1317619043897a8ia.png

Lambtron said:
People seriously think Walt poisoned the kid? Unbelievably dumb.

Definitely not Walt. Heisenberg on the other hand is highly volatile.

Not to mention Walt or Heisenberg spinning his gun twice with it landing on him. On the third spin it lands on a pot of plants.

I still think Gus did it, just not ruling out that other possibility.

Do we know for a fact that Jesse had the ricin in the morning? I mean, was there a scene where we saw it that I just missed? Jesse wasn't exactly thinking all that clearly, having a gun pointed at Walt's head and all.

Fry

I really wouldn't rule Walt out.

Maybe Walt left the loaded gun on the couch on purpose. He knew Jesse would walk into his house already knowing about the incident with the kid, and would want Jesse to point the gun at him and then give the whole speech about how it was Gus that did it.

WTF why are people hating on this episode? It was such a good fucking episode.

Didn't read through much of this thread but, the reason I think Gus suspected foul play with his car is that it really was Walter that poisoned the kid, and he knew it. Walter is the one manipulating Jesse, not Gus I think. I'm sure it's been mentioned already but I stopped reading when I saw so many people say they were disappointed with the episode.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
The show has set a few precedents:

1) Mike has tapped into Walt's home before, audio, video, whatever to keep an eye on him.
2) Walt and Jesse have discussed the ricin and whether or not Jesse had a chance to poison Gus in Jesse's home in the open.
3) We know that Tyrus and Mike are somehow keeping tabs on Jesse. Remember, they were the ones that retrieved his money when the junkie stole it.
4) Gus will go to any length even if it takes years -- hell, decades -- to ensure his own survival.

Keep that in mind when discussing the possibility of whether or not Gus knew about their plan to
poison him.

Bowdz said:
Insane episode like usual. Easily the best written TV show out there right now.

As for who poisoned Brock, it seems incredibly unlikely that Walt did it simply because of the time frame of the whole situation. I honestly have a hard time piecing together when Gus would have been able to pull it off, but it seems more likely with Tyrus on hand.

I have to say though, after hearing Bryan Cranston's words about the finale and Giancarlo talk about tonight's episode, I honestly think Walt might have poisoned Brock.

"At the very end of the season, there are a couple things that happen that are really surprises. One is the big surprise. Then, 'Woooow!' A big wow moment. Then you calm down and there's a bit of a tag to resolve a couple issues, and then, just before it goes black and has Vince Gilligan's name, there's one more little thing. No words, just a visual that the audience will see and it will have the reaction, 'Nooo! Oh, my God!!! No!' It will rock you. Then it goes black and that's the end of the season." - Bryan Cranston

I think that Jesse and Walt end up killing Gus and then the finale "little" thing before the end will be a cut of the ricin cigarette placed somewhere in Jesse's stuff indicating Walt killed Brock on his own.
On the money.

Ashhong

Fry8 said:
I really wouldn't rule Walt out.

Maybe Walt left the loaded gun on the couch on purpose. He knew Jesse would walk into his house already knowing about the incident with the kid, and would want Jesse to point the gun at him and then give the whole speech about how it was Gus that did it.

Bowdz

Fry8 said:
Here is a screenshot to compare the two. DON'T CLICK IT if you haven't seen the supposed spoiler picture.

http://www.abload.de/img/1317619043897a8ia.png

Holy shit. H.O.L.Y. S.H.I.T. Great find.

FantasticMrFoxdie said:
Definitely not Walt. Heisenberg on the other hand is highly volatile.

Not to mention Walt or Heisenberg spinning his gun twice with it landing on him. On the third spin it lands on a pot of plants.

I still think Gus did it, just not ruling out that other possibility.

This is probably looking into things WAY, WAY, WAY too much on my part, but the plant honestly looks a lot like White Monkshood.

0567-lg.jpg

white-monkshood.jpg

Wikipedia_on_Monkshood said:
Marked symptoms may appear almost immediately, usually not later than one hour, and "with large doses death is almost instantaneous." Death usually occurs within 2 to 6 hours in fatal poisoning (20 to 40 mL of tincture may prove fatal). The initial signs are gastrointestinal including nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea. There is followed by a sensation of burning, tingling, and numbness in the mouth and face, and of burning in the abdomen. In severe poisonings pronounced motor weakness occurs and cutaneous sensations of tingling and numbness spread to the limbs. Cardiovascular features include hypotension, bradycardia, sinus tachycardia, and ventricular arrhythmias. Other features may include sweating, dizziness, difficulty in breathing, headache, and confusion. The main causes of death are ventricular arrhythmias and asystole, paralysis of the heart or of the respiratory center. The only post-mortem signs are those of asphyxia.

Again, probably looking into WAY too much, but I wouldn't put murdering a child to protect himself and his family from death past Heisenberg.

JoJoShabadoo said:
WTF why are people hating on this episode? It was such a good fucking episode.

Didn't read through much of this thread but, the reason I think Gus suspected foul play with his car is that it really was Walter that poisoned the kid, and he knew it. Walter is the one manipulating Jesse, not Gus I think. I'm sure it's been mentioned already but I stopped reading when I saw so many people say they were disappointed with the episode.

I also enjoyed the episode, but I'm surprised to see some people in this thread saying, Walt must have poisoned the kid because of Gus walking away from his car at the end.

Gus could have poisoned the kid, and still figured out that Jesse and Walt are working together again, because of the fact that Jesse didn't mention Walt at all. You know maybe he figured his plan would work and Jesse would have killed Walt by now, but considering he's made no mention of it, and I'm sure Jesse would have told Gus that he killed Walt so that they could get rid of his body.

So you know the gears in Gus' head start turning he makes the assumption that Walt is still alive and then there's the strange fact that Jesse demanded he come down there to speak with him himself, and well I can easily understand why Gus walked away from the car and took a different route home(?) just to play it safe.

At the same time though, I think you might be right and that Walt did poison the kid and is manipulating Jesse, but I'm just trying to put forth the view that Gus could have been manipulating Jesse into killing Walt and he sill could have figured he was in danger at the end. We'll just have to wait for the finale to find out.

Not sure if it's been discussed yet (probably has, heh), but Gus did promise and "appropriate response". And the poisoning of Brock is the only thing in the episode that would fit with that.

Bowdz

Also, this really is a testament to the writers of the show that there is even this much debate over the details of a few scenes. The show is SO well written and layered that it hard to know what is foreshadowing, what is part of the plot, and what is just plain beautiful cinematography and scenery. I honestly can't think of a another show where I have been this drawn into what is happening.

I hope it was Walt that poisoned the kid, that will push him to the edge and make the next season that much more interesting.

Gus is the safe choice but man it would be fantastic if it was Walt. It would prove to the doubters that he is THAT manipulative

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom