• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Breaking Bad - Season 4 - Sundays on AMC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just remembered another question I had. Back in season two, remember all those foreshadowing scenes at waltz house before the plane collision?

Whho were those two bodies supposed to be? What was the point of all those foreshadowing scenes?

To trick the viewer in to thinking there was an explosion in the house

Here's Part 2 of the article featuring the intros to Seasons 3 & 4.
Each episode of AMC's drama Breaking Bad starts with a prologue or teaser. Some of these advance the season's ongoing plot. Others feel like self-contained, at times experimental short films. We wondered: If you strung all of the opening scenes from the various seasons together in chronological order, would the show's basic narrative make sense? And, if people who had never watched Breaking Bad watched only these curtain-raisers, would they come away with a more or less accurate impression of the show? Or would it seem like a different program entirely? We asked Press Play contributor Dave Bunting, Jr. to edit the prologues together in chronological order to create two self-contained Breaking Bad movies, one covering Seasons 1 and 2, the other covering Seasons 3 and 4. Then we asked another Press Play contributor, Sheila O'Malley -- who has never seen a frame of the series -- to watch the two compilations and write down her impressions. Sheila was asked not to read any supplementary material before or during the experiment, and she agreed. Her written account is derived entirely from having watched Dave's compilations. Shorn of everything but its openings, was Breaking Bad still Breaking Bad? Read on and see. If you want to see exactly what Sheila saw, the prologues for Season 3 and 4 are embedded above.]

Oh, there's more:

- The Story of BREAKING BAD, As Told by The Cousins
Tuco Salamanca's twin cousins Marco and Leonel were among the most fascinating characters on Breaking Bad. Stoic, menacing and quietly murderous, they were quickly established as a force to be reckoned with. We wondered: If we were to reorder each of their scenes from Breaking Bad's third season into a chronology, would their story be as compelling? Would it be different entirely? Could we glean greater insight into these two men?

We asked Press Play contributor Dave Bunting, Jr. to edit these scenes together (in addition to the prologues of all four seasons to create two self-contained Breaking Bad episodes, one covering Seasons 1 and 2, the other covering Seasons 3 and 4.) He arranged all of The Cousins' material in chronological order except for a late-season flashback to their childhood, which he placed at the start. Then we asked another Press Play contributor, Sheila O'Malley -- who has never seen a frame of the series -- to watch the compilation and write down her impressions. Sheila was asked not to read any supplementary material before or during the experiment, and she agreed. Her written account of The Cousins is derived entirely from having watched Dave's compilations. Shorn of everything but its openings, was Breaking Bad still Breaking Bad? Read on and see.

Fry

0CdYR.jpg

looooooool.

GavinGT

Banned
Just finished watching all the seasons in a week.

MIND FUCKING BLOWN. This is the best writing I have seen on a show, so many little holes and amazing acting by all of the cast, from top to bottom everyone's acting is on the same level.

Can't fucking wait for season 5.

Anyone know if the director Gilliger would be working on something else after this.

The cast seems super pumped about the possibility of a Breaking Bad movie.

squidyj

watch this while you wait for S5

Breaking_Bad.gif

yes... while I "wait for S5" if you know what I mean.

Indeed. I finished watching the show a few weeks ago, and I'm still haunted by the finale on almost a daily basis. I've revisited the scene where Gus is walking away from the car towards the final "showdown" with Tio numerous times, and it still hits me hard every single time. That god-tier music might have something to do with it.

Can't wait for Season 5.

Yeah, I love me some Apparat.

big ander

pretty much disqualifies the other scripts from being true. assume paul would be one of the first to read it after the core writing/producing staff.

F#A#Oo

Banned
I was pretty depressed after Gus dies...he was so awesome and for him to go out like that...just doesn't seem right.

S5 to be disappointing...I'm calling it. Walt v Jesse v Hank is going to be a snooze fest.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Another Aaron Paul tweet:

The teaser alone in episode 1 S5 will have you screaming more then when someone got blown up last season.

big ander

I was pretty depressed after Gus dies...he was so awesome and for him to go out like that...just doesn't seem right.

S5 to be disappointing...I'm calling it. Walt v Jesse v Hank is going to be a snooze fest.

just go out like that? you mean after a prolonged, intense, and strategic chess match? at the end of which, he walked away like a badass before dropping?

gonna be more than walt v jesse v hank. believe it.

AngryMoth

Its funny now I think about it, I have absolutely no idea what will happen in season 5. Sure, there's a couple of people who need to find out some certain things, but I couldn't even begin to predict how the first episode will go.

Sean

Banned
Oh my, that hype! When do they start showing the teasers usually, a week before the episode airs?

Usually before that, but I don't think AMC shows much new footage in their commercials. It'd probably be a montage of Seasons 1-4 with "Walt is back this July" or something.

But I think when Aaron Paul mentions "teaser" in this case, he is referring to the two or three minute opening/introduction scene before the Breaking Bad logo plays.

Grinchy

Banned
July?? Wow I never thought it would be that soon. I'm so hyped!

I was just telling my brother that I hope Bryan Cranston can no longer find work after this show so he's forced to grow and sell weed to support his family.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom