• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Breaking Bad - Season 4 - Sundays on AMC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Woooooooo!

ibgagb4tC9fyjd.png

Hold up. About to get crazy? So what we've been watching hasn't been crazy.

Jesus fucking yes.

Socreges

Banned
Meh. It's praised to a point where I agree. Mad Men, Boardwalk Empire and Game of Thrones are still the heavy hitters and yes, I do concede that BB is the 4th best show on american TV and it does get praised accordingly... it gets the right amount of praise.

The whole "it must be me" thing is just a way for people to not freak out at me, but if we're being honest Breaking Bad is a decent, no... a GOOD drama. But still many levels of greatness below giants like The Wire, Dekalog, Deadwood or Alexanderplatz. It's not a matter of me not "getting" it, I think it's a matter of me expecting outstanding quality and being presented with a product that's just decent.

The real question here is... why is this getting hyped... I don't understand, as it's not a very adrenalin-high show. It's a slowly unraveling drama with some splashes of action. it makes me wonder... why not Boardwalk? Why not Mad Men? Why Breaking Bad? oO
This is how I felt during season 3. After the end of season 4 I could understand (most of) the praise. The show gets better, in my opinion. It's still not as masterfully crafted as the shows you mentioned (dunno what what Dekalog is) and it is definitely more flawed and uneven, but it does 'pop drama' better than any other show I've seen. It is extremely entertaining/gripping and occasionally has really powerful moments like when (spoilered for your consideration)
Jesse finally kills someone and thinks he's going to be killed. He throws non-stop parties to distract himself and then when everyone's gone he sits down in front of the speaker like it's a womb that can protect him.
. I'll be interested in seeing if your opinion improves at all after you finish season 4.

kehs

Banned
Assuming he doesn't came back until he watches the other.....

They never explained how he got rid of the cigarette right?

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
That sex scene with Walt and Gus in the finale was very out of place.

big ander

Unfortunate, but not at all pyro's fault. Gotta stay out of threads for shows you're not caught up with.

edit: oh right you're that "Oo" guy

Meh, spoilers are overrated, imo. Much like this show! Ah!

Nice finale, although the bit with skeletal Gus was B-movie bad... Why did they do that? Oo

Can't really see where the writers will be heading in season 5... Hmmm.

ahahahhahahahaaaaa

I was like 70% sure I was spoiling it too. But coming into this thread is poison while still watching. I like to teach lessons. Not like you seem to care though :p

Staccat0

Fail out bailed
Rian Johnson will be back to direct another episode next season, too.

I'm not sure if anyone else listened to Vince Gilligan's episode of the Nerdist screenwriter's panel podcast, but he literally compared Speilburg back when he was directing TV, and singled him out as basically the best director in TV.

What past episodes did he do?

Anderson

Tough being a UK-GAF Breaking Bad fan. Had to get season 3 DVD from the German amazon site and season 4 doesn't look likes it's coming anytime soon.

No chance of Blu Ray either, which is what I really want. Please Sky, BBC, Dave, pick up the show, hate having to watch through less then legal methods

I'm not sure if anyone else listened to Vince Gilligan's episode of the Nerdist screenwriter's panel podcast, but he literally compared Speilburg back when he was directing TV, and singled him out as basically the best director in TV.

What past episodes did he do?
Everyone's favorite episode: Fly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom