• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Breaking Bad - Season 4 - Sundays on AMC

Status
Not open for further replies.
BigAT said:
I don't really know how the Emmy season is defined, but does anyone know if Breaking Bad is going to potentially miss a year of eligibility as a result of the late start for this season?
It's out of contention this year. They'll be eligible in 2012 for the current season.

I saw the episode a second time and liked it a lot more. I liked how the difference between Jesse/Walt's approach to all this was portrayed with their first scenes... Walt getting information on guns, Jesse on his sound system... Walt's "handling" the situation, Jesse's escaping from it... I don't know, I guess that's how I saw it.

HereticJ

Breaking Bad was ineligible for Emmys due to the late start. Heard it from Bryan Cranston on Adam Corolla's podcast a couple weeks back.

Zeliard said:
I'm not being "holier than thou" at all. Walt's attempts to kill Gus are much more likely to get him, Jesse, and even his family killed than simply continuing to do lucrative work for Gus in silence. That combined with the fact that Walt is completely incompetent when he's trying to be proactive than when he's reacting is what makes it stupid. Walt being scared is understandable, and it was Gus' intent. Walt putting everyone else at even greater risk with his actions is dumb.
And waiting around and doing nothing will do what exactly? You'd just be waiting to die. Gus is a sociopath, the second he kills Walt, he will kill Skyler and anyone else who might possibly know of his business.

I'm not denying that it's a stupid thing for Walt to do, it's very stupid. But like I keep saying, he has 2 choices, wait to die, or do ANYTHING. He is choosing to do anything. Gus absolutely NEEDS Walt right now, so nothing Walt has done so far has put anyone in danger. But there will come a time when Gus no longer needs Walt, and when he is dead we'll be sitting here going "ah I guess he should have acted sooner". Well I won't be doing that, I'll know I've been saying that all along :p

But like I keep saying. Stupid? Yes. Only choice right now? Yes. Until another option pops up, it is stupid to judge it. It is simply the only choice he has as of right now. Anything is better than waiting to die, especially if it means you might be the one to come out on top. Yes that chance is minuscule, but it's better than waiting and definitely dying.

If that bodyguard guy is an undercover cop trying to get Gus, then why doesn't he arrest Gus right now, since he saw Gus commit murder with his own eyes? I can't see him being an undercover cop.

kehs

Banned
Trent Strong said:
If that bodyguard guy is an undercover cop trying to get Gus, then why doesn't he arrest Gus right now, since he saw Gus commit murder with his own eyes? I can't see him being an undercover cop.

Haven't seen Training Day?

Helmholtz said:
Oh ya, I went back and rewatched that scene and figured it out yesterday, forgot to post though. I recognized his voice because he was also in a few episodes of The Shield, playing a serial killer.
I knew that was Cleavon!!

UrbanRats

Just saw it.
1) Walt is a fucking dumbass, good thing Mike put him in his place, so he won't get himself killed (hopefully).

2) Jesse is a ticking bomb at this point.

3) Hank is a wreckage, hope we get to see him back on his feet soon.

4) I eager to know what Skylar has in mind. :p

Great directing, though i'm not really sure where they are trying to go with this, but a great episode, imo.
Lot of build up and it seems like everyone is super pissed; Walt, Jesse, Mike, Gus, Marie, Hank, Skylar.. it's not gonna be pretty.

RaidenZR

upJTboogie said:
bbcucg.gif

bb257yg.gif

You are the best! Thank you kind sir!

kehs

Banned
UrbanRats said:
Lot of build up and it seems like everyone is super pissed; Walt, Jesse, Mike, Gus, Marie, Hank, Skylar.. it's not gonna be pretty.

I'm curous to see what they do with Flynn.

Vlad

BigAT said:
Is it too early to declare him a lock for another? He needs to join Cranston in the repeat wagon.

I don't really know how the Emmy season is defined, but does anyone know if Breaking Bad is going to potentially miss a year of eligibility as a result of the late start for this season?

There's no "potentially" about it, BB is going to miss this year's awards. Heck, the nominees have already been announced.

Anyone else feel like the scene with Brock was tongue-in-cheek humor regarding Flynn's involvement in the story? Like, "Okay he still exists. But don't get out of the car! We'll talk later, leave this scene please."

Now that we've established it was Tyrus on the phone, it brings up a BIG question:

Does Gus know that Walt is (literally) gunning for him? How is he going to handle this?

Jarmel

Banned
Exclamation-One said:
Now that we've established it was Tyrus on the phone, it brings up a BIG question:

Does Gus know that Walt is (literally) gunning for him? How is he going to handle this?

I'm sure he does and I'm sure he's keeping an eye on him. Not much else he can do unless he starts to threaten Walt's family. As long as Walt does his job then it doesn't matter.

I wonder what's Mike's background, I wouldn't be surprised if it was military.

What Walt needs to do is bring an outside party with high levels of expertise into the mess as right now, Mike is that knight guarding the king and he's not switching sides easily. Which means the cartel is his best option. I'm guessing Jessie is going to have to be the one to contact the cartel as I'm sure Walt is being watched as a hawk.

So I missed Sunday's premiere because of work, so I just watched it today. Fine episode, can't wait for this Sunday. (I have that day off, so I can talk about it right as it happens for a change.)

Saty

And BTW, if you're doing gifs then the Hank\Coach\Mary high-five is a must. Hank left her hanging. Can be used as a reaction gif for everything really.

Sotha Sil

I think this episode's main problem is that Walter's foolishness is not funny or interesting anymore. It may be that I don't care for the constant (dramatic/regular) irony: we know Gus is untouchable (for now). We know Mike won't betray him (for now). The whole episode felt incredibly predictable, and that was annoying.

Great acting, though.

Nyx

Saty said:
And BTW, if you're doing gifs then the Hank\Coach\Mary high-five is a must. Hank left her hanging. Can be used as a reaction gif for everything really.

Yeah, or Mary slowly moving her bed back in sleep-position after the 'talk' with Hank.

UrbanRats

xbhaskarx said:
No that would be Skinny Pete and Badger (the most underrated character on the whole show) discussing zombie video games.
yeah, at least they didn't sound like they didn't know what they were talking about.

xbhaskarx

Aconn1283 said:
Why is it that every episdode is one hour long but the content of each is so small...like do you really need an entrie episode to show that jesse is scared of being alone...or that walt wants to kill his boss. I just think there is so much wasted time on such a small number of plot subjects. I hope im not the only one with this opinion.

"Aconn1283... get out."

Megalodactyl said:
I think Hank was saving face when the physical therapist was there, he seemed alot like himself before being shot. Also, who else thinks we are going to see Jesse do something incredibly stupid in the near future? Dude's not lookin too good.
It says something about the accuracy with which the show is hitting its aim that it can exhibit murdering, drug-dealing, miserable misanthropes and have people think, "Uh-oh, I hope nothing bad happens next."

Saty said:
breakbadoj3v.gif

Came out a little fast but whatever. Hank better get out of this funk soon.

- AMC Video - Cinematographer Michael Slovis on Designing Jesse's Party House
Jesse's three-day party in Episode 2, "Thirty-Eight Snub" wasn't just taxing on revelers like Badger and Skinny Pete. It was also challenging for the Breaking Bad crew, which had to design it, light it and shoot it. In this new video, Emmy-winning cinematographer Michael Slovis describes what went into planning Jesse's rager, from building a studio replica of the house to developing a "new language in the vocabulary of Breaking Bad" capable of conveying Jesse's turbulent state of mind. Check out the video and see for yourself what it takes to throw an on-screen bash of epic proportions.

satriales

Exclamation-One said:

I don't think so. As far as Tyrus knows (from hearing him at the lab) Walt wants to talk with Gus and so when Walt shows up at Gus' house, to Tyrus it doesn't automatically look like he is there to kill him, but to talk.

Not really sure where this season is going plot wise, besides Walt's attempts on Gus' life. Jesus man, he's letting you cook, just cook for fuck's sakes! Love the buildup in each episode though. You can really tell that almost every character is about to break (no pun intended). Especially Jesse. If Aaron Paul doesn't receive another Emmy for his performance...

x35ugi.gif

BigAT

upJTboogie said:
breakbadoj3v.gif

Came out a little fast but whatever. Hank better get out of this funk soon.
I let out an audible groan when this happened because it made me feel so uncomfortable and awkward that I had a physical reaction.

Beaulieu

I cant comprehend how people are no understanding why Hank acts that way or what her wife's conversation with the physician was about ... she doesnt want to sleep with him, jesus people..

Hank acts like an ass cause he wants her wife to bail on him and live an happy life with someone who can walk. He thinks hes not good enough for her now that he lost all mobility, and he doesnt want to impose her a like of ass-sweeping and shit-collecting.

Her wife like the physician cause hanks seems happy only when hes there. She wants to know how to make him happy like the physician does, realises she cannot so she jokingly asks him to stay with them.

this isnt melrose place, she wont sleep with him.

kehs

Banned
Beaulieu said:
Hank acts like an ass cause he wants her wife to bail on him and live an happy life with someone who can walk.

So wrong.

Hilariously wrong because your prefaced your post with how other people are wrong.

Awesome.

RaidenZR

Copernicus said:
So wrong.

Hilariously wrong because your prefaced your post with how other people are wrong.

Awesome.

I concur. The stuff going on with Hank has many, many layers. That gif'ed scene exposes a lot of that and I think it's going to get way more complicated for Marie.

BigAT said:
I let out an audible groan when this happened because it made me feel so uncomfortable and awkward that I had a physical reaction.
Same happened to me, Breaking Bad can do that, the speech at the Gym by Walt was also incredibly awkward.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom