• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Breath of Fire 6 announced for PC/tablet/smartphones

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
The good thing with this news is that it will push me towards finally trying out Dragon Quarter.

Also when asked about future titles on the 3DS/Vita during the show, the Capcom people laughed.

Is that true? Because I was still holding onto the smallest shred of hope that Capcom might finally start supporting the Vita and showcase some titles at this years TGS.

D

Deleted member 286591

Unconfirmed Member
I seriously can't take this fuckin' mobile / iOS / browser games trend bullshit anymore. I really can't.

Halp.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
Ace Attorney!

Yep, i knew i forgot something

Street Fighter V might be free to play.

ijkH5AnJEAf9y.gif

theta11

Couldn't disagree more. It looks like the most generic of generic phone/browser game art.

We went from Tatsuya Yoshikawa to this shit.

;_;

It really look's like they thought up some random touch game and then slapped to Breath of Fire name onto so it would get some traction in the market. There isn't even any iconic BoF characters. Ryu/Nina

Ferrio

Banned
It really look's like they thought up some random touch game and then slapped to Breath of Fire name onto so it would get some traction in the market. There isn't even any iconic BoF characters. Ryu/Nina

Which is really odd since BoF has always been kinda niche. Isn't like the unwashed masses know anything about BOF.

MisterHero

If only there was some sort of platform(s) that presented a midpoint between low-budget mobile games and modern PC hardware. There could be games that look and play nice, but not cost too much.

doemaaan

Never played BoF, so I dodged this brick to the face, but there's one thing that bothers me... Why the hell name it BoF6? Don't waste a roman numeral on this. Call it BoF Online or something.

mclem

Remember when you ASSHOLES made fun of me for this thread: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=631806

THIS IS KARMA! SUCKERS! :D

TWELVE MORE ANNOUNCEMENTS TO GO!

I'm fully expecting:

"NEW MEGA MAN GAME!"

"Fling Beat at Wily's machines to make them fall apart"

Never played BoF, so I dodged this brick to the face, but there's one thing that bothers me... Why the hell name it BoF6? Don't waste a roman numeral on this. Call it BoF Online or something.
I suspect there's a hint of "Well, it worked for Dragon Quest"

The art is nice, though. Man, if this was a next-gen title... would've rocked as an announcement. PC/PS4/Xbone... come on, Capcom!

If you've seen BoF IV's watercolor-style artwork, you'll realize that the arts on this one do not even compare. Seriously. And that was a game that was released on 2000!

Articalys

http://t.co/obxw0ckcBS

Lololol.

Hachima posted an article about this GAF thread, which in turn was a thread about a post on Hachima.

Hachima -> GAF -> Hachima.
I love their translation of duckroll's first comment:
ハハハハハハハハハwwwwwwカプコンは恥知らずだ!ブレスオブファイア6!続編ナンバリングなのにタッチのオンラインRPG!wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

SmokyDave

Is that true? Because I was still onto the smallest shred of hope that Capcom might finally start supporting the Vita and showcase some titles at this years TGS.

Ah, dude, there's fuck all chance of that. They really don't seem to dig the Vita. It's a shame, but what can you do?

SparkTR

Isn't Japan smartphone-land these days? Being surrounded by so many of those devices and potential revenue, it doesn't surprise me Capcom see's the grass as greener on those devices.

Reminds me of what happened to some western PC devs around 2005/2006 with the HD console boom.

Floex

Sorry to ask this with all the doom and gloom going on but this Street Fighter, is it a card game or something?

3QXMh.png

EDIT: Scratch that, just seen the other topic

Ah, dude, there's fuck all chance of that. They really don't seem to dig the Vita. It's a shame, but what can you do?

Deep down, I know this is true, but I keep fooling myself into thinking that maybe, just maybe they'll finally start supporting it.

Ah well, I've held on for this long, might as well continue hoping until TGS...even though I know it's probably in vain.

flonty

wow... I really don't know how to feel :/
Are games on mobile devices really that more profitable than on consoles/handhelds?

Mojojo

damn.. Each day there are some news that drive me further away from this hobby : /

Thought at first it was me changing after years of gaming, but I am starting to believe it is this industry that pushes me away .

I just read BoF 6 announced, fast clicked, saw the nice appealing art, was about to think wow it's even on PC and then... ultimate let down.

Yeah, fuck you too Capcom.

Are you DRUNK?

The art is nice, though. Man, if this was a next-gen title... would've rocked as an announcement. PC/PS4/Xbone... come on, Capcom!

This game looks uninteresting and very Vanillaware. This wouldn't be a bad thing if were a new franchise, but I want my BoF artstyle in beautiful HD on my next gen console with a controller. Shit, I wouldn't mind some sort of online functionality as long as it didn't interfere with the core single player game and you could even use a smaller budget and release it as a digital download PSN/XBLA game.

The fact that none of the large publishers has embraced DD for old school 2d rpg's or platformers (with a few notable exceptions) is a crime against the gaming populace. How, by 2013, has there not been a ressurgance of great 2d (or terrible 3d) role playing games released from larger companies on these consoles that allow relatively easy digital sale? I hate this world we live in, clearly no one making decisions has a brain.

I don't know how to feel that the simple announcement of a game is capable of hurting to my very core. It just had to be Breath of Fire they did this to, should have stuck to doing things like this to mega man fans :(

MechaX

If it were not for Ace fucking Attorney, I would just wash my hands of this fucking company.

Between the Namco side making a new Ace Combat title F2P and this... this.... Coming from someone who played through the entire series (hell, my first fucking RPG ever was BOF1), this cuts to the bone.

Enjoy your eventual F2P Street Fighter 5 or iOS Japanese-Devil May Cry 5.

Fuck Capcom.

Go out of business you stupid piece of shit company. Sell your IPs to Nintendo and wander into the dread wastes of irrelevance that you so often fucking frequent already.

Top Bottom