• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Breath of Fire 6 announced for PC/tablet/smartphones

Aeana

Whatever happened to Breath of Fire V? Surely there's hope!

? It's for PS2.

510XTQ0XGPL.jpg

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.

Kenai

The day started only 2 hours and 44 minutes ago and it is already ruined! >=(

This!

For some reason, the thing that actually disgusts me is that it's titled BoF 6, they couldn't even pretend that there would be some other game elsewhere in the future. :(

SmokyDave

Breath of Fire used to be a big, substantial RPG series. Imagine if <your favorite game series> had its next mainline (not a spinoff) entry announced as a social game for touch devices. Points if you have been waiting for the next entry in the series for over a decade.
Do we know what the social elements consist of yet? I don't really play social games, is it the shit that badgers you to hassle facebook friends and the like?

If they announced Streets of Rage 4 for Casio calculators I'd still puke with excitement.

It's the assumption it is going to be some social F2P crap.
The original BoF games would've been suitable to touch controls, that's not the problem. The problem is everything else.
I can understand the social / F2P fears but it just seems like it might be an idea to wait and see rather than jumping off a bridge and worrying about it later.

Thanks to the three of you for not jumping down my throat, I can see this is clearly a hot-button topic.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Bwahahaha! I'm gonna go grab some lunch... when I get back, I'm gonna keep reading these hilarious entertaining posts :lol

Coxy

I think this is the ultimate "be careful of what you wish for" moment for a lot of us lol.

I never asked for this.

The main character doesnt even have blue hair., though I supppose these arent even characters, just nothingless nobody classes

Bundy

Banned
Capcom...... you assholes....!
WTF?????

I'm waiting for a new BoF and Suikoden (Konami) for YEARS and then..... this!
FU!

Torkith

Capcom didn't even have the balls to name if Breath of Fire VI. Instead they use 6?

Don't do this Capcom... stop the madness now.

Do we know what the social elements consist of yet? I don't really play social games, is it the shit that badgers you to hassle facebook friends and the like?

If they announced Streets of Rage 4 for Casio calculators I'd still puke with excitement.

I can understand the social / F2P fears but it just seems like it might be an idea to wait and see rather than jumping off a bridge and worrying about it later.

Thanks to the three of you for not jumping down my throat, I can see this is clearly a hot-button topic.

This sort of optimism might be warranted if it wasn't capcom we were talking about.

Blackage

Is this the future of Japanese Development? Phone/tablet crap?

Also was there something going on where Capcom announced this and showed off the Deep Down stuff?

So, uh, at the risk of getting trampled, what's the actual problem here?

Is the game thought to be poorly suited to touch controls? Is it the way it looks? Is it both? Something else entirely?

I appreciate this probably sounds like a stupid question but I'm not all that familiar with the series as I'm not big on the ol' RPGs.

Back in the SNES, PS1 and PS2 days, Breath of Fire was Capcom's premiere RPG franchise. It was their answer to Square's Final Fantasy and Enix's Dragon Quest. Kinda like how Konami's was Suikoden. It is even more similar than Final Fantasy because each installment, while not explicitly a part of the same world/timeline, always features the same main protags (Ryu and Nina) as well as recurring characters, and always features dragons. It was a great series and it was never stale.

Imagine if Final Fantasy XV was released on mobiles. That's how it would feel like to core BoF fans.

It's telling that I'm not the least bit surprised or upset at this, proof that just about everything Japanese gaming related is dead to me.

zeopower6

This thread could have been a huge troll if you just had "Breath of Fire 6 announced" as the title, haha.

But damn, that is rough. :(

Top Bottom