• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Breath of the Wild is the official subtitle for Zelda U/NX, first gameplay trailer

ozfunghi

The world looks really empty and lifeless so far. The exploration also looks repetitive and quite dull. Zelda was one of the reason I bought a WII U, I hope they'll prove me wrong.

I disagree. It looks desolate (but judging by the title, this is what they are going for) yet interesting. They could probably fit everything within a much smaller map, but why would you want that? I think it makes exploration more interesting and much more natural.

Nintendo still king of Water. Four generations and counting.

completely trounces GTAV, Arkham Knight etc water for sure. pure Nintendo magic :O

great trailer otherwise as well, i'm just a bit worried about the world being totally barren. haven't folks at Nintendo played any Ubi games? if they're gonna make a big world they should learn from the masters on how to do it right. in AC:Unity for example you found chests almost every minute, it was incredible, i was constantly screaming "yay!" to the tv.

Zero²

Also greatly enjoyed the addition of voice acting, even if it's not for everyone. If that voice talking to Link is supposed to be Zelda then they absolutely nailed it with her VA. Sounds exactly how I would expect Zelda to sound.
Exactly, my first thought as well. Or maybe it's Fi?

It probably has been said in the stream but i am in a party with friends and 0robaly missed it, but will there be side quests/activities? Random encounters? This game world sure could use that.

Gartooth

I only got a chance at work to watch the trailer, but does this game have voice acting or not? There was a female voice in the trailer, so is it only certain characters?

Pinky

Banned
So, Link is a male. There it is. Hopefully, we can move on now and focus on the game we've been given...
Until the next one...

jblank83

i'm just a bit worried about the world being totally barren. haven't folks at Nintendo played any Ubi games? if they're gonna make a big world they should learn from the masters on how to do it right. in AC:Unity for example you found chests almost every minute, it was incredible, i was constantly screaming "yay!" to the tv.

Disagree. The way Ubisoft litters their games makes me feel like a garbage man.

Yo, 100+ of these shrines?? Huhh.. maybe there will be more to this world then the first few barren locations. Obviously we are at least a year out of release, so things will get better. Can't wait to see this baby on NX with more detail, and hopefully fuller environments.

Peltz

Stamp appropriate icons on your map as notes.
lwwuX1G.png

Check enemies hp with scope.
zTMycrQ.png

Link is freezing. Put on some warmer clothes.
RhD6F5a.png

"Salt from the ancient sea." Post-Wind Waker confirmed.
qxEqTpD.png

Pretty vista.
4NcVECl.png
Well... Can't watch the treehouse stream at work, but I'm so fucking done. I'm on media blackout for this game.

Where the hell is the preorder page?

Majukun

so i suppose i'm the only one kinda unimpressed?

I mean I'm waiting to see more mechanics and possibilities of interaction in that world..but as of now it seems kind of barren in both possibilities and enemies..plus it seems a little too easy,not good for a supposed survival game

Top Bottom