• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Breath of the Wild is the official subtitle for Zelda U/NX, first gameplay trailer

Intel_89

After The Witcher 3, this just looks kind of old and dated.

I don't know.

Seems like you can interact with the envoirenment in other ways when compared with the Witcher too, visually it didn't blow me away but it made me wonder about the possibilities of the new gameplay elements.

Mokujin

Ck7HRidUUAIzsw1.jpg:large

Japanese logo is so beautiful, Ghibli-like godness!!

NX reconfirmed, 1080 60fps give it to me now!!!

This is the Zelda i've been dreaming about ever since Ocarina :_)

ElFly

The handholdingness of recent Zelda makes me wary.

Like that tree link cuts to cross the chasm...I assume it will be the only cutable tree in the universe and it will fall in a single direction.

Instro

It's interesting, and I'm sure will be great, but as I mentioned in the other thread, the game is being really held back from what it could be by bad hardware. I suspect even the NX version wont look too substantially different outside of 1080p. Unfortunate, because this is clearly a game that could have used extra power.

Because of the voice acting and calling him Link, while I never did, this means other players cannot rename Link to what they want like in previous games.

Good, we can stop pretending like he's player avatar and not a real character with a real name/personality/desires/etc

Gurnlei

Game looks amazing. I haven't been keeping up with the info was so hyped when he started making platforms with magic. Expecting they need water judging from trailer. Frustrating water dungeon confirmed.

love the name... but man that looked rough in my opinion - whens this coming out? the world felt bland and empty as hell. trailer came across very boring with gimmicky tablet usage. holding out for that nx trailer

brau

With all those upres textures and details i have to think that this trailer is running on the NX no? The WIP they had shown before running on wiiU looked flat and no detail for the most part.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
After The Witcher 3, this just looks kind of old and dated.

I don't know.

Graphically it might not be in the same league, but come one. The Witcher 3 was a fantastic game, but our ability to interact with the world was barely existent. This is a completely different experience and one is not a substitute for the other.

Arkanius

The game looks EXTREMELY EMPTY and devoid of life.

Looks amazing and a painting, but it probably held back by the hardware.

Peru

Yeeeees

The real key here is a serene atmosphere - an underrated aspect to the best Zelda games - but with character, life, surprises, bosses out in the wild (?) - and a new magical skill that's dynamic and all about shaping the world around you.

Gorgeous style

Zomba13

Looks amazing. Love the style, love the colours. Super hyped for this and didn't expect it. I expected them to fail to deliver on the promise of a wide open world but from that little trailer the game looks massive. Can't wait to climb stuff, Such a good way to get around the environment and things that are a little too high. Like it looks like you can just climb anything, the cliff didn't seem to have hand holds or be special, seems like Assassin's Creed climbing but on anything.

Still very interesting not a green tunic in sight. Knight armour, but no tunic. And the Master Sword looks really old.

Hubbl3

Unconfirmed Member
That intro video was nice and the Japanese logo definitely gives me Ghibli vibes.

I have to go to a meeting now and they're still talking about Pokémon though }:(

Drakken

Who the fuck is the composer?

It feels crazy that I can't even figure it out. It has Yokota-like orchestration, but with tone colors that the modern FE composers use in spots dashed in with some progressions that remind me of Atsuko Asahi and Minegishi in some ways.

Usually it's very easy for me to figure out, but this kind of soundscape is almost unprecedented from their stable of composers.

Very curious about this as well. Music was beautiful.

Those graphics are pretty unimpressive to me. The art style is okay, and there are a handful of real nice looking moments in that trailer, but that's about as much as I can say for the visuals I've seen here. Whatever, I'm just happy that this Zelda game looks so fresh and different, I can't expect too much on Wii U hardware after all... Can't wait to see more.

4Tran

I don't play Zelda games, but it seems really odd that they've decided to make Link a righty in this game. Wasn't he supposed to be the most famous southpaw in video games?

Soriku

The music is really awful, and I hope it wasn't an indication of what we'll hear from the game. :(

Its only one track. But I don't really expect amazing soundtracks from Zelda games.

Also the world seems empty, not too many monsters, but it still looks beautiful and it's a new Zelda so...hype.

higemaru

I think this looks amazing, I'm absolutely in love with the art style and I have a feeling it will age as well as Wind Waker did. The grass looks so beautiful and the water looks like something out of a Ghibli movie. I hope we get a lot more info for this game because I went from not hyped to Top 5 of E3 in one trailer.

Top Bottom